NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

Qn4eDAi.jpg

There is more orange on the bill of the hat than there is on that entire Dolphins jersey...

The old jerseys didnt even have that much orange on them i still dont see why there are so many complaints on that

dm_120820_nfl_ryan_tannehill_starter.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Qn4eDAi.jpg

There is more orange on the bill of the hat than there is on that entire Dolphins jersey...

The old jerseys didnt even have that much orange on them i still dont see why there are so many complaints on that

I think most of the complaints come from the fact that the Dolphins changed the shade of orange from the vibrant one in the picture to this, which is no where near as bright and awesome as what they used to have.

tempDENX7751--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?wid

AmPJ0Ty.png 

My complaints are only that they reduced the orange, making it almost a tertiary color after navy. Well, that and the horrible retirement-condo helmet logo.

The Packers are also supposed to get new throwbacks also, yes? I read that somewhere, but I'm not sure if that was confirmed or just speculation.

Yes indeed.

We don't know anything about them, but I'm convinced we'll see a new navy jersey. Possibly an "ACME PACKERS" throwback, or Curly Lambeau's 1940s gold-yoked set.

Qn4eDAi.jpg

If you only look at the numbers, then sure... but there was a hell of a lot more orange on the helmets and the pants back then than there is now.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Qn4eDAi.jpg

If you only look at the numbers, then sure... but there was a hell of a lot more orange on the helmets and the pants back then than there is now.

Look at Tanne's throwing arm (and even the lineman in the frame) , u cant even see the orange stripes that were right there .. the design team for the new uniforms probably realized how sleeve stripes get distorted on the newer jersey cuts and removed them After that , there is not a single hint of orange on the jerseys outside of number outline and the original complaint i replied to was there was no orange on the JERSEY. Of course the only remedy for this to add orange to the jersey is distorted sleeve stripes (okay resolution if done right and looks the same on all jersey cuts), toilet seat collar that is orange (PLEASE NO) or some other stupid design element (seahawks template, jags template, vikings ship stripes, etc) which i am glad they avoided. I like the simple look as that is what we have always had ( I do kind of miss the orange helmet/pants stripes but i like the primary color as the stripe instead of secondary )

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

If they had only slightly widened the outer orange portion of the current stripe so that the presence of orange was a bit more noticeable from a bit more of a distance, then we'd be in business.. I really like the new set, in its entirety, including the logo, but I would've preferred a bit more orange as I outlined above..

My issues with the throwbacks are far greater, but the inverted color pant stripe is enough by itself, not to mention it's the opposite of the rest of the uniform striping.. An orange alt would've been my choice, at least for 1 of the 2..

If they had only slightly widened the outer orange portion of the current stripe so that the presence of orange was a bit more noticeable from a bit more of a distance, then we'd be in business.. I really like the new set, in its entirety, including the logo, but I would've preferred a bit more orange as I outlined above..

My issues with the throwbacks are far greater, but the inverted color pant stripe is enough by itself, not to mention it's the opposite of the rest of the uniform striping.. An orange alt would've been my choice, at least for 1 of the 2..

I don't think the NFL allows for throwbacks and alternates. It's one or the other.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I wonder when the NFL will switch to the mach speed template

Hopefully never.
its Nike's best template imo and eliminates the sweat box, the collars can always be adjusted to fit for the NFL

It doesn't eliminate the sweat box, Nike just moved it and made it smaller. I'm also not sure the collars can be adjusted. So the template is far from Nike's best.

Think it's safe to say that the Patriots will not change their uniforms until after Brady & Belichek (sp) both retire. Possibly not until after Robert Kraft dies.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Why can nike make beautiful, and I mean BEAUTIFUL re brands for college football, then come right back and take a dump on the NFL??

You don't understand the client/provider relationship.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Think it's safe to say that the Patriots will not change their uniforms until after Brady & Belichek (sp) both retire. Possibly not until after Robert Kraft dies.

I think the piping and side panels will come off the jerseys at some point.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Why can nike make beautiful, and I mean BEAUTIFUL re brands for college football, then come right back and take a dump on the NFL??

i am assuming this year (or 2 years, counting development) there are at least 2 different teams that handle football design at Nike. i could be wrong, but the 2015 CFB designs are lightyears from NFL designs of last 3 years

also regarding the template, i don't believe we'll see NFL teams in the Mach Speed. my best guess is the next template Nike is working on will be released to the NFL and top CFB teams as an option. Nike might even save a template for NFL release around time to re-new the contract with the NFL.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Qn4eDAi.jpg

140429_Memories_IN.jpg

Go back to the previous generation of Miami jerseys without the almost-black drop shadow (Duper 1982) and you'll see what I mean.

Archived