NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

Is there anyone here who actually agrees with PL?

Plenty of people. Ironically some that agree with him sometimes also disagree with him quite often. We're just able to articulate our opinions lie adults. It's a shame you're not capable of that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there anyone here who actually agrees with PL?

Not me, and I never have.

Same here, and I used to read his blog every day. I could only take so much anti-purple & stirrup talk. Let alone that every baseball team should wear flannel uniforms in 100 degree summer heat. Guy's a special kind of a$$hat

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

It seems like the bashing of Paul Lukas has kinda become the "cool" thing to do, but I still don't get it. He's a guy with an opinion just like us. He's just lucky enough that he gets to preach his opinion to such a large audience. I don't always agree with everything he says either but despite that, I don't go around on here professing my disdain for him.

It seems like the bashing of Paul Lukas has kinda become the "cool" thing to do, but I still don't get it. He's a guy with an opinion just like us. He's just lucky enough that he gets to preach his opinion to such a large audience. I don't always agree with everything he says either but despite that, I don't go around on here professing my disdain for him.

If people think they don't like Lukas, then it's for this reason. That said, because of said large audience, it wouldn't surprise me if some casual readers view his opinions as facts.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I wouldn't bash anyone who wants to share an opinion they're entitled to.

The guy treated me completely unprofessionally on Twitter after I made a legitimate (and unabrasive) correction on one of his assertions. He'll always be a complete asshat because he acted like an irritable, inarticulate, drunken idiot at 8am.

Plus, his constant insertion of politics and political correctness into everything is just asinine at his level.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The guy treated me completely unprofessionally on Twitter after I made a legitimate (and unabrasive) correction on one of his assertions. He'll always be a complete asshat because he acted like a irritable, inarticulate, drunken idiot at 8am.

Plus, his constant insertion of politics and political correctness into everything is just asinine at his level.

This is my largest gripe with him, and the primary reason I stopped reading his site. He cannot handle when people have different opinions than him, and always rebuts with "Think harder." Additionally, for someone who choose a career that involves covering sports uniforms he sure has a disdain for anyone who purchases any modern merchandise.

I like his blog for the actual news and some of the rare finds, but yes, he pushes his agendas waaaaay too much.

He's like the Adrian Wojnarowski of uniform news. When it comes to pure news, he's one of the best sources around. But his more opinionated pieces are agenda-driven garbage. We get it: you have an unhealthy obsession with stirrups, you hate Nike and the color purple. No need to shove it down our throats.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12913780/uni-watch-power-rankings-nfl-best-worst-uniforms

Paul Lukas put out his NFL power rankings. Not much to note...I agree with some things and disagree with others.

The most interesting paragraph was on #31: the Bengals. As others here have pointed out, he said the Bengals have crossed from "uniform" to "costume". But he said something I'll never be able to un-see: "The striped panel on the pants even looks like a tail." I doubt this was the intent, but now I will always feel that they are in "full-fledged dress up like tigers" mode.

Outside of being able to properly identify the most obvious offenders like the Bengals and Jaguars that even Stevie Wonder finds garish, Paul Lukas has atrocious taste.

The guy treated me completely unprofessionally on Twitter after I made a legitimate (and unabrasive) correction on one of his assertions. He'll always be a complete asshat because he acted like an irritable, inarticulate, drunken idiot at 8am.

In addition to that, my biggest gripe with him is how much he hates advertising on anything, yet I've never visited a site that has as much advertising as his. I turn on AdBlock and half his site goes away :upside:

There's a difference between having ads keep your website running and introducing ads to make more money.

I don't always agree with Paul on things, such as his distaste for purple and love for stirrups (Phil, for that matter, too), but we all are entitled to an opinion on what we deem a good or bad design. To act as if anyone else in that position would be any different in their opinion or where their loyalties or political stances may lie is foolish, as we see so many threads become an argument over that exact thing. He's just one of us in a higher position, and that's why you're okay with publicly bashing his opinion. If I compiled the same list, I doubt that you'd say anything negative about me personally, even if you disagree with my opinions. In all of my dealings with Paul and Phil, seeing as I used to be the editor of SB Nation's uniform blog before I assumed my current position, they have had the utmost professional courtesy toward me and always credit(ed) me when due.

I agree with almost everything Paul has on his site and I can see where some can feel he is kind of a pill, but the amount of venom that gets tossed his way is baffling. Almost Star Wars prequel level of vitriol.

I have personally corresponded with Paul 3 times. Twice I initiated it and once he did. In all three cases, there was no disagreement about anything. Just discussion about a topic.

All 3 times, he treated me like an idiot. He was about as big an a-hole as I have encountered - and with no reason at all to be.

It actually helps me feel a bit better to see that he has treated others the same way.

But PL is still a smug bastard and a complete clown, even today on his Uni-Watch blog in the comments. The guy is just a real piece of :censored: when you correct his mistakes. Rather than a simple "thanks for reading, I'll fix the error" he tries to make the other person feel stupid. Probably the most insecure person I've ever dealt with.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived