NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

The Seahawks have been monochrome for over ten years, at least for every home game (and two SBs). I would not like to see it as often, but I doubt it would ever be banned, it is kind of their 21st century identify now.

The other teams - not so much. I hope I don't see brown on brown often, the Cleveland brown on orange (or even brown on white) is so much better. They probably could have passed on designing brown pants at all.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just stopping by to remind you all that we like to avoid political conversations, especially when they veer into the direction of "political correctness" and "insert native themed nickname/logo" discussions.

Discuss the pros and cons of Paul Lucas' blog all you want, but keep politics out of it.

But PL is still a smug bastard and a complete clown, even today on his Uni-Watch blog in the comments. The guy is just a real piece of :censored: when you correct his mistakes. Rather than a simple "thanks for reading, I'll fix the error" he tries to make the other person feel stupid. Probably the most insecure person I've ever dealt with.

I've had the same thing happen after correcting relatively minor dating errors on when a uniform came out. Really hate condescending a-holes like that.

Discuss the pros and cons of Paul Lucas' blog all you want, but keep politics out of it.

Fair enough.

I've not always agreed with his opinions, but he's been nothing but respectful to me.

As the industry leader, he takes his share of shots, especially here. More often than not they seem to be cheap ones (and I'm not even a regular reader of his blog anymore).

Gotta agree with the comments that Paul Lukas is touchy, cranky, and cantankerous. I've been a faithful reader since the Page 2 days, but after the way he handled my All-Star Game cap "leak" and then ran the un-true and disparaging "tell-all" story, I lost some respect for him and Phil.

Yeah I mean I totally respect his opinions and whatnot, and in the case of the things like the Redskins where he has a daily update is a little extreme.

But my only minor issue is that he talks about what I consider to be the boring side of uniforms. For example, when the new Hornets identity was released last year, I was expecting his site to maybe have a cool respect on the uni history of the franchise. But no....it was something about belts in MLB.....

Ice Cap - I'm not trying to get the last word in or anything and then run, but it seems that PL is one of those topics that gets brought up and seems to instantly derail threads. Maybe not as much as politics or Washington football, but whatever the next tier down from there is. Obviously I'm continuing the derailment with this post, but it might be a good idea to consider stepping in when it looks like the thread is turning in to a PL debate - or just ban PL talk all together (personal discussions - not discussions of specific blog posts or ESPN articles.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You can argue the merits of a blog with a political tone without arguing the actual politics of it (though I'd argue that opinions are too often mistaken for politics - for example, disagreeing with military pandering doesn't make one a liberal, but that's often how it's taken). Of course, there's not much of an argument - you either wish he'd keep his beliefs out of it, or you don't care. The actual content of the blogs provides far more interesting points that can be debated. Unfortunately the mere mention of his name leads to political debates and personal attacks, with little-to-no discussion relevant to his opinions of uniforms.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't know anything about emails (everything I've ever received from him was professional), but I have absolutely no problem with him running his blog his way. He essentially created this whole sub-set of sports journalism, and I don't have any more problem with Lukas discussing politics or architecture or music or food than I do Bill Simmons having wandering conversations on one of his podcasts.

If Lukas says something I don't like, I ignore it. If he hits on a topic that doesn't interest me, I skip it. And if I ever think I can do it better than he does, there are a lot of places willing to host my blog.

I don't know anything about emails (everything I've ever received from him was professional), but I have absolutely no problem with him running his blog his way. He essentially created this whole sub-set of sports journalism, and I don't have any more problem with Lukas discussing politics or architecture or music or food than I do Bill Simmons having wandering conversations on one of his podcasts.

If Lukas says something I don't like, I ignore it. If he hits on a topic that doesn't interest me, I skip it. And if I ever think I can do it better than he does, there are a lot of places willing to host my blog.

Everyone knows religion and politics are two areas to avoid in most social discourse.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived