NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want my facemask to "pop"... I want it to shut the hell up.

A facemask should never been the focal point of a helmet. I've always felt it should either match the shell color or be darker.

I don't want my facemask to "pop"... I want it to shut the hell up.

We know! Your gray (boring) facemask argument tells all of us what you like.

An ugly gray facemask is more distracting than anything else. I would rather the facemask just match the rest of the helmet.

In the Pats case, I think a silver facemask to match the helmet makes that red, white, and blue logo stand out more.

Gray works for the Raiders, but they'd even look great with a black mask if we were to eliminate all gray facemasks.

They'e the only team that could pull off a chrome helmet too, but I don't want them to go that route.

I disagree. The Lions would look fantastic in chrome domes, assuming they could get shiny fabric for the pants once again.

Goodell missed an amazing branding opportunity by not mandating all teams wear Gold Chrome facemarks to honor SB50. Would have made for some amazing synergy. Also I don't think the month of December is yet taken so I'm also hoping the shield and its suppliers follow the bold and storied tradition of Pink October and Camo November and opt for Gold gear throughout the month, possibly extended into the playoffs.

Mono gold for all teams all month. Like having 22 Academy Awards playing football.

Just to whack the hornets nest further, I will repost my list of NFL teams that I think could switch to a gray mask immediately and it would look anywhere from "just fine" to "completely awesome";

Bears

Redskins

Vikings

Lions

Patriots

Jets

Steelers

Chiefs

I feel like I want to hit you with said hornet's nest.

...and to shift back to NFL Changes 2015, our first real look at Cleveland's helmets in action:

CF8VkdgWIAAxWur.jpg

Compared to last year on an equally and typically overcast Ohio day:

CF716rnWoAATBGo.jpg

You know what I like about the helmet in the bottom picture? The fact that you can tell it's a different color from the red QB practice jersey.

...And the gray facemask.

Has it been confirmed that the Tennessee Titans will be return to using the navy blues as their primary home jersey? I personally hope so. Hated the sky blue jersey/navy blue pants combo from day one. Just hope they keep the sky blue pants around to pair with the white jerseys.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Has it been confirmed that the Tennessee Titans will be return to using the navy blues as their primary home jersey? I personally hope so. Hated the sky blue jersey/navy blue pants combo from day one. Just hope they keep the sky blue pants around to pair with the white jerseys.

They hardly ever wore the light blue pants last year, I do not think they did. I believe they are scrapped just like the light blue jerseys. If they do return, I hope it is just the light blue pants (no navy nor white pants). The navy blue jersey/light blue pants (think 2007). And the white jersey/light blue pants are definitely their best combos IMO.

I think the perfect home set for the Titans is the white helmet, light blue jersey, white pants.

colts-titans-football-andrew-luck_pg_600

Flip the colors of the stripes, and replace the helmets "stripes" with those and it's perfect, in my opinion. Here's a quick photoshop for reference:

I think the perfect home set for the Titans is the white helmet, light blue jersey, white pants.

Flip the colors of the stripes, and replace the helmets "stripes" with those and it's perfect, in my opinion. Here's a quick photoshop for reference:

Agree. It's a shame they're switching to boring ol' navy when they have a much nicer looking and more unique colour to roll with.

Wow I thought the (McNair era) navy blue jersey/white pants combo was generally liked around these parts. I definitely would never call that combo boring.

Honestly I thought the Titans navy jersey/sky blue pants combo looked bad. Mildly better than the reverse combo that's been their primaryhome set. Something about a uniform featuring a white helmet + colored jersey (not white) + pants that are a third color reminds me of youth football clubs that can't afford to have their helmets painted.

Well, typically, it's aesthetically ideal for the team's helmet to match their pants. The Titans wearing anything but white pants will not be pleasing to the eye.

Not necessarily. There are three prime elements to a football uniform (helmet, jersey, pants) and I think as long as two of those match, then it's an aesthetically pleasing look in most cases. So the Titans with their helmet and white jersey works for me and it isn't a big difference to me which of their pants they pair with it.

Go A's!

Archived