Gothamite

NFL Changes 2015

Where does silver pants fit in the mix?

5-deion-sanders-atlanta-falcons-1989_pg_

That whole look is a brilliant mess. It highlights what I mean when I say rules aren't all that steadfast. By my own standards? This should be terrible. Yet I can't help but love it.

Re-introducing silver to their color scheme would be a great decision. Red, silver, and black makes a great color scheme. They could do it while making the uniform design unique enough to differentiate from UGA if necessary. It certainly helps that they have a history with the color.

I'd love to see a red/black/silver/gold scheme. That way you are including Atlanta's university, Georgia Tech. I personally think it would be very unique and could look very nice.

That whole look is a brilliant mess. It highlights what I mean when I say rules aren't all that steadfast. By my own standards? This should be terrible. Yet I can't help but love it.

Re-introducing silver to their color scheme would be a great decision. Red, silver, and black makes a great color scheme. They could do it while making the uniform design unique enough to differentiate from UGA if necessary. It certainly helps that they have a history with the color.

I'd love to see a red/black/silver/gold scheme. That way you are including Atlanta's university, Georgia Tech. I personally think it would be very unique and could look very nice.

I agree that gold would be a nice addition to the Falcons' color scheme, but I feel like having silver there also would clash with it.

Well, typically, it's aesthetically ideal for the team's helmet to match their pants. The Titans wearing anything but white pants will not be pleasing to the eye.

Some of the best uniforms in the NFL and college have helmets that are different colors than the pants.

Not saying that you're wrong, but can you provide examples?

Here are a couple of mine

Peppers_inside122112.jpg11779676.jpgmichigan.jpg

Don't forget these classic uniforms:

jack-lambert-joe-greene.jpg

Has it been confirmed that the Tennessee Titans will be return to using the navy blues as their primary home jersey? I personally hope so. Hated the sky blue jersey/navy blue pants combo from day one. Just hope they keep the sky blue pants around to pair with the white jerseys.

They hardly ever wore the light blue pants last year, I do not think they did. I believe they are scrapped just like the light blue jerseys. If they do return, I hope it is just the light blue pants (no navy nor white pants). The navy blue jersey/light blue pants (think 2007). And the white jersey/light blue pants are definitely their best combos IMO.

I thought they were trying to move away from the light blue, but they were still using it at the rookie premiere shoot last week. Mariota and Green-Beckham in the back row have the navy, but David Cobb in the second row (far right) has the light blue one.

CGQ7xRyUYAAAMif.jpg

I agree that gold would be a nice addition to the Falcons' color scheme, but I feel like having silver there also would clash with it.

they did have that gold stripe on their helmet the first few year for Tech.

Has it been confirmed that the Tennessee Titans will be return to using the navy blues as their primary home jersey? I personally hope so. Hated the sky blue jersey/navy blue pants combo from day one. Just hope they keep the sky blue pants around to pair with the white jerseys.

They hardly ever wore the light blue pants last year, I do not think they did. I believe they are scrapped just like the light blue jerseys. If they do return, I hope it is just the light blue pants (no navy nor white pants). The navy blue jersey/light blue pants (think 2007). And the white jersey/light blue pants are definitely their best combos IMO.

I thought they were trying to move away from the light blue, but they were still using it at the rookie premiere shoot last week. Mariota and Green-Beckham in the back row have the navy, but David Cobb in the second row (far right) has the light blue one.

CGQ7xRyUYAAAMif.jpg

My reactions to this photo:

1) The Browns uniform still looks horrible.

2) It could be me, but it looks like the Colts' stripes are angled unlike in the past. Hopefully that's just a distortion because the jersey is too big on him.

3) If that :censored: on the 49ers couldn't be bothered to tuck in his undershirt, they should have thrown him in the back row.

Interesting. Moncrief had the usual stripes for last year's shoot

51Yh-VloKLL.jpg

CGQ7xRyUYAAAMif.jpg

The bills went back to the toilet collar now

CGQ7xRyUYAAAMif.jpg

My reactions to this photo:

1) The Browns uniform still looks horrible.

Yes, it does look horrible. Even worse when placed side-by-side with jerseys that actually look decent.

I'm hoping the Bills decided to use the heavy stock of toilet collars for this throwaway shoot. No way do I want to see that crap again.

Interesting combo by the Browns. Classic brown over white.

The Dolphins really "pop" lol in this photo

Silver's still a part of the color scheme. Just on the helmet, outlining the logo. So it's way underused.

But this uniform ^^^ was pretty sweet. The striping is really, really consistent, which is kinda odd for an 80s uniform with a bunch of stripes.

I don't think the Colts' stripes are any different. I think the jersey that player is wearing is just baggy. Andrew Luck's jersey looks similar:

Indianapolis+Colts+v+Washington+Redskins

I realize the Falcons used to have gold stripes on their inaugural red, white, and black helmet, but times have changed. There are several universities in Atlanta. Plus adding gold because GT is in Atlanta is like saying the Bears (whose colors come from Illinois) should add purple because Northwestern is close to Chicago.

There are several universities in Atlanta. Plus adding gold because GT is in Atlanta is like saying the Bears (whose colors come from Illinois) should add purple because Northwestern is close to Chicago.

But that was the reasoning behind gold being in the team's original color scheme.

There are several universities in Atlanta. Plus adding gold because GT is in Atlanta is like saying the Bears (whose colors come from Illinois) should add purple because Northwestern is close to Chicago.

But that was the reasoning behind gold being in the team's original color scheme.

Well 50 years ago when they were trying to build a fanbase. Now it'd be unneeded, and teetering on too many colors.

I think someone just came up with a new thread for the concepts forum. NFL teams dressed in the colors of their local colleges.

CGQ7xRyUYAAAMif.jpg

Whoa.

72219685-0e28-4e19-b9c3-591c23a0f78d_zps

That is atrocious.

CGQ7xRyUYAAAMif.jpg

Whoa.

72219685-0e28-4e19-b9c3-591c23a0f78d_zps

That is atrocious.

Previous striping was superior, previous number font was better, previous wordmark was better, previous pants were better and the god**** contrasting stitching is as stupid as it gets with all the "boxes" nike put on their jerseys. I can't find any upgrades out there...

I don't think the Colts' stripes are any different. I think the jersey that player is wearing is just baggy. Andrew Luck's jersey looks similar:

Indianapolis+Colts+v+Washington+Redskins

yea just the tailoring (or lack thereof) of the jersey.

CGQ7xRyUYAAAMif.jpg

So, Panthers. Good to see y'all still have the black pants lying around the locker room. It would nice if, you know, you use them. I'm not talking about every game, I'm not that greedy, but just one or two home games a season. It's a good look.