NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

I thought the jaguars used to look pretty good with their black helmet - teal shirt - white pants combo.

Also, that Cleveland uniform looks terrible in that photo. Those stripes. The big "Cleveland". The Orange numbers with"upshadow" or whatever.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must agree with Andrew - light-colored helmets should always match the pants. If the shell is white, then I'd always put the team in white pants, even on the road. All-white is better than their white/white/blue, which looks unbalanced to me.

This might be one of the best road uniforms of all time.

warren_moon_1991_12_21.jpg

Seriously, we have to get away from "this part must match this part to look good" conversations. There are always exceptions to these "rules" and usually the exceptions blow away whatever three uniforms people are thinking of when they made the rule.

My second favorite NFL uniform of all-time, behind the red Pat Patriot. Red, white, and powder blue. Just straight fire.

Has it been confirmed that the Tennessee Titans will be return to using the navy blues as their primary home jersey? I personally hope so. Hated the sky blue jersey/navy blue pants combo from day one. Just hope they keep the sky blue pants around to pair with the white jerseys.

They hardly ever wore the light blue pants last year, I do not think they did. I believe they are scrapped just like the light blue jerseys. If they do return, I hope it is just the light blue pants (no navy nor white pants). The navy blue jersey/light blue pants (think 2007). And the white jersey/light blue pants are definitely their best combos IMO.

I thought they were trying to move away from the light blue, but they were still using it at the rookie premiere shoot last week. Mariota and Green-Beckham in the back row have the navy, but David Cobb in the second row (far right) has the light blue one.

CGQ7xRyUYAAAMif.jpg

Whoa.

72219685-0e28-4e19-b9c3-591c23a0f78d_zps

That is atrocious.

Change...for the sake...of change. Pure and simple.

Has it been confirmed that the Tennessee Titans will be return to using the navy blues as their primary home jersey? I personally hope so. Hated the sky blue jersey/navy blue pants combo from day one. Just hope they keep the sky blue pants around to pair with the white jerseys.

They hardly ever wore the light blue pants last year, I do not think they did. I believe they are scrapped just like the light blue jerseys. If they do return, I hope it is just the light blue pants (no navy nor white pants). The navy blue jersey/light blue pants (think 2007). And the white jersey/light blue pants are definitely their best combos IMO.

I thought they were trying to move away from the light blue, but they were still using it at the rookie premiere shoot last week. Mariota and Green-Beckham in the back row have the navy, but David Cobb in the second row (far right) has the light blue one.

CGQ7xRyUYAAAMif.jpg

Whoa.

72219685-0e28-4e19-b9c3-591c23a0f78d_zps

That is atrocious.

Change...for the sake...of change. Pure and simple.

It would literally help the white pants if the numbers where white with orange trim on the jersey. For this look alone, there is way too much orange in the jersey to wear with the white pants. But, the good news is they do have the orange pants they can wear for their home look.

spacer.png

I must agree with Andrew - light-colored helmets should always match the pants. If the shell is white, then I'd always put the team in white pants, even on the road. All-white is better than their white/white/blue, which looks unbalanced to me.

This might be one of the best road uniforms of all time.

And this has never been a bad look for BYU:

Seriously, we have to get away from "this part must match this part to look good" conversations. There are always exceptions to these "rules" and usually the exceptions blow away whatever three uniforms people are thinking of when they made the rule.

I can think of several teams that have worn a White helmet, white jersey, and non-white pants that look amazing! In fact, I prefer this alignment of uniform parts on the road as compared to all-white, which should be worn once or twice a year tops.

0206767001425430175_usatodaysportsimages

2953549_display_image.jpg?1306362743

hi-res-dd929119a9bb5ba79b5ab2bf81460fc1_

Miami-Dolphins-Aqua-Pants-December-18-20

jets1.jpg

spacer.png

The Titans may not have looked "amazing", but they've looked pretty good in the past and been a few tweaks away from really good. But looking at that picture above shows just how awful Nike has been for their jerseys. Not just the jersey template shrinking the shoulder stripes and removing the contrasting collar. But the fabric is just muted, faded crap. If some teams want the OLD TYME FOOTBALL look, that's fine. But the Titans are a team that started play under that name in 1999 and have a flaming thumbtack on their helmets. Their uniforms looked much better in the bolder colors and materials of the past.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Titans may not have looked "amazing", but they've looked pretty good in the past and been a few tweaks away from really good. But looking at that picture above shows just how awful Nike has been for their jerseys. Not just the jersey template shrinking the shoulder stripes and removing the contrasting collar. But the fabric is just muted, faded crap. If some teams want the OLD TYME FOOTBALL look, that's fine. But the Titans are a team that started play under that name in 1999 and have a flaming thumbtack on their helmets. Their uniforms looked much better in the bolder colors and materials of the past.

I agree that Nike has made most of the uniforms in the league blah as I hate the fabric they used and Reebok Titans uniforms looked a lot better.

The Titans have never looked amazing.

Oh, but they did:

5698776.jpg

There's literally no chance that Chargers uniform ever looks good. I don't care what combos you use. Everything about that set has been a downgrade from any one of the previous looks.

I would prefer the Powder Blues, but I really do like their white-white-navy look the best.

spacer.png

Well the matte fabrics may be a downgrade aesthetically, nike actually made significant improvements to the uniformity of the jerseys compared to reebok/ripon where you had about 5 different templates and a ton of tailoring. The shoulder stripes were not only distorted and mangled, the shoulder logo was a different size depending on the sleeve cut which is an outright fail in my book.

CGQ7xRyUYAAAMif.jpg

Bengals must have told their rookies to stay home.

CGQ7xRyUYAAAMif.jpg

Love seeing my boy Mike Davis in that 49er uniform. Thank god they did not put him in that atrocious black one!

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

CGQ7xRyUYAAAMif.jpg

My reaction to the Browns: That should stripe is basically the same as on Seattle's uni's, just in striped form. Same position, same endpoint at neck line.

I wonder if more teams with shoulder stripes emulate this?

NYCdog.png

Bengals must have told their rookies to stay home.

OTs rarely show up to the photo shoot unless they go top 10, and that's not even a guarantee for an invite. Leonard Williams is the only defensive player and Maxx Williams is the only TE. Everyone else in that photo is a QB, RB or WR

Front row: Jamison Crowder, Duke Johnson, Justin Hardy, Ameer Abdullah, Rashad Greene, Phillip Dorsett, Tyler Lockett, Mike Davis

Second row: Devin Smith, Ty Montgomery, Jeremy Langford, Jay Ajayi, Nelson Agholor, Tevin Coleman, Stefon Diggs, David Cobb

Third row: David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, T.J. Yeldon, Todd Gurley, Sammie Coates, Amari Cooper, Karlos Williams, Javorius "Buck" Allen

Fourth row: Vince Mayle, Matt Jones, Kevin White, Bryce Petty, Garrett Grayson, Chris Conley, Breshad Perriman, Jaelen Strong

Back row: Devin Funchess, Dorial Green-Beckham, Leonard Williams, Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Brett Hundley, Sean Mannion, Maxx Williams, DeVante Parker

Since the ugly Browns combo has been mentioned a few times, here's another shot of it in the sunlight:

CGR7Q7AUYAAtpuT.jpg

I just posted a few more pics of that Browns uni in the dedicated topic.

Back to the Titans alt for a sec, it's hard to tell in that photo, but Cobb wore white pants with it

CGSUzZrUcAAO2jC.jpg

Another oddity from the shoot that no one outside this forum would even notice, but check out the Nike and Panther logos on Funchess

CGRRlAlUAAARvhl.jpg

Monochrome Rams, Panthers, Jaguars and these Bucs uniforms together for a picture? Is this the oddity you talked about? It sure looks like an XFL shoot...

Archived