Gothamite

NFL Changes 2015

Let me see if I can google the definition of "most" real quick...

And how come you didn't post the Reggie Tuggle invocation?

I posted the first one I saw.

Also even if one invocation a year is like that, I'm 100% against it.

You are damiensmith98?

Todd Bowles has been wearing these old school Jets hats for a while....any chance they are trying to test the waters for a change?

%7Boption%7D

Probably not, Nike and New Era just make a lot of apparel with old logos. Bears coaches have worn hats with a classic script "B" going back to the Reebok days even, and I've seen a lot of shirts with this logo since Nike took over:

%7Boption%7D

The vast majority of the throwback merchandise that New Era and Nike make tie-in to throwbacks worn on the field. This Bears logo ties into the throwback jerseys with orange numbers.

The Jets hat is something else entirely, as they haven't worn a throwback to that...though I'm finding New Era does make a couple of throwback hats with that logo just for kicks.

That's a good point, I didn't think about that. I was just going off the Bears.

Bears coaches have worn hats with a classic script "B" going back to the Reebok days even

That's kind of a gesture to Halas, as he was wont to wear the script B. I like it as a small nod to the team's history.

The other thing is that the teams know there's a glorious cornucopia of money to be made by slapping vintage logos on stuff. I personally own a fair amount of faux-CCM Blackhawks stuff that has the old indian-head logo for no reason other than I think it looks cool and that I'm kind of a toolbag. There's an audience for it.

Didn't realize that, that's really cool. I wish they'd use that B on more merchandise.

Two things...

First, the religious debate ends here. A thread about NFL uniform changes isn't the place to have that discussion.

Secondly...

Yeah, not religious at all...

Let me see if I can google the definition of "most" real quick...

And how come you didn't post the Reggie Tuggle invocation?

I posted the first one I saw.

Also even if one invocation a year is like that, I'm 100% against it.

You are damiensmith98?

Content and sentiment aside, we'll have to look into this. Using two accounts simultaneously is a bannable offence.

1434404634-media.jpg

According to Madden, the NFL shield isn't the only thing gold on the field this year, so is the number 50 itself.

Yuck.

When I heard the 50 would be painted gold, I assumed they were keeping the font the same as the rest of the yard markers, just using a different color paint. That '50' from the Super Bowl logo looks like garbage in this context, especially with the gradient.

Gold is going to be everywhere, isn't it?

By the end of the year, I'm going to hate gold. <_<

Just wait until October. Gold and pink everywhere.

And it gets better in November; gold and camo.

mr-t-wwe.jpg

Received confirmation today that the Raiders are, in fact, switching to the Elite 51 template:

https://twitter.com/AndrewMLind/status/613100449076383744

That leaves only the Falcons, Packers, and Panthers as the teams yet to switch to Nike's template.

I gotta feeling Falcons and Panthers will likely switch to the template as well this year. That may leave the Packers as the only team left to wear the original fabric. Although I hope they make the switch too, let's hope Nike convinces them to make that switch.

Received confirmation today that the Raiders are, in fact, switching to the Elite 51 template:

That leaves only the Falcons, Packers, and Panthers as the teams yet to switch to Nike's template.

I gotta feeling Falcons and Panthers will likely switch to the template as well this year. That may leave the Packers as the only team left to wear the original fabric. Although I hope they make the switch too, let's hope Nike convinces them to make that switch.

To look mismatched like the Jets? No thanks...

To look mismatched like the Jets? No thanks...

What do you mean? Jets jerseys are totally different than the Packers. The only thing they have in common is the same shade of green, otherwise uniform wise it is vastly different.

Nike's greens don't match across the different fabrics they use. Green Bay at least has one solid green with their current template.

If anything the New York Jets need to go back to the kelly green color, not the Philadelphia Eagles. The Eagles look fine with the midnight green, the Packers look fine with the forest green, whether they switch fabric templates or not. The Jets looked a whole lot better with the kelly look from 1978-97. If they do not want to change to change the current logo or unis, at least make it into a lighter shade of green, but I rather prefer the 80s and 90s Jets look.

No what they're saying is why would the Packers switch to the Nike template when Nike can't get the Jets' green to work on their template? The Jets and Packers use the same green.

I have no idea why this would be so important to you.

Your confirmation is a link to yourself. That's weird.

If anything the New York Jets need to go back to the kelly green color, not the Philadelphia Eagles. The Eagles look fine with the midnight green, the Packers look fine with the forest green, whether they switch fabric templates or not. The Jets looked a whole lot better with the kelly look from 1978-97. If they do not want to change to change the current logo or unis, at least make it into a lighter shade of green, but I rather prefer the 80s and 90s Jets look.

If anything the Jets should rebrand and change their organizational color because Nike can't get it right. Also, I really, really hope that more teams adopt Nike's template because reasons.

I agree that the Jets would look much better in Kelly green. I've said that for several years now. But teams shouldn't have to rebrand because of Nike half-assing it. And no, unless Nike has figured things out in the last year, the Packers wouldn't look good with their template. They'd have a muted green body with olive green on the stomach and back, while the helmet/pants stripes and numbers on the road jersey would be an entirely different green.

I know the shade of green is slightly different (Packers and Jets use 626C I believe), and the template a little different, but North Dakota State's newest jersey isn't the paneled mess the Jets are. It gives some feeling that they might be able to get the packers to look alright.

NDSUUni080614.jpg122014.S.FF_.ndsufootball-14.jpg