NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

Received confirmation today that the Raiders are, in fact, switching to the Elite 51 template:

https://twitter.com/AndrewMLind/status/613100449076383744

That leaves only the Falcons, Packers, and Panthers as the teams yet to switch to Nike's template.

Your confirmation is a link to yourself. That's weird.

Well, considering it was a source of mine that I'm not at liberty nor obliged to share, that's all the confirmation you need. However, I was simply linking my tweet for you all to share as I've seen several people from these boards share or pass on information as if they found it themselves without giving credit to the people who did the work. Just trying to avoid that.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, considering it was a source of mine that I'm not at liberty nor obliged to share, that's all the confirmation you need.

You're not obligated to share anything, but suggesting people can't question your sources and should take everything at face value is a little rich.

You're right. I didn't mean to suggest they shouldn't or can't question my source. I was simply saying that linking to myself isn't weird as I was the one who confirmed it. I can't link somewhere else. While some of you may not know of me personally, I have a history of revealing information such as this - most notably in the college football sphere - and my background should show that I am a reputable source.

Anyway, no harm, no foul. Looking forward to actually seeing it on the field, as I've wanted the Raiders switch from the beginning.

Have we seen the Dolphins new alts yet? I was at Sawgrass Mills in Sunrise tonight and an employee at Sportville put up a single aqua Tannehill youth jersey with the new nike template but old school Dolphins striping and numbers in the same rack as the regular ones. I knew she must had made a mistake so I asked her if it was the new alt but she seemed unaware and told me it was a vintage jersey and she put it back up after I showed her. I must say it looked pretty awesome.

Have we seen the Dolphins new alts yet? I was at Sawgrass Mills in Sunrise tonight and an employee at Sportville put up a single aqua Tannehill youth jersey with the new nike template but old school Dolphins striping and numbers in the same rack as the regular ones. I knew she must had made a mistake so I asked her if it was the new alt but she seemed unaware and told me it was a vintage jersey and she put it back up after I showed her. I must say it looked pretty awesome.

As far as I know they haven't been unveiled yet. That's really interesting that some stores have them already. You should try to get a picture if you can.

As far as I know they haven't been unveiled yet. That's really interesting that some stores have them already. You should try to get a picture if you can.

Basically the one below. Aqua slightly darker than the regular ones side by side, single orange outline for the numbers and exact same sleeve stripes as below.

$_35.JPG

You're right. I didn't mean to suggest they shouldn't or can't question my source. I was simply saying that linking to myself isn't weird as I was the one who confirmed it. I can't link somewhere else.

What was strange for me was why link at all? You could have simply said "I have confirmed..." or you could have linked to an independent source.

But linking to your own Twitter as though it was independent confirmation is indeed a little strange.

You're right. I didn't mean to suggest they shouldn't or can't question my source. I was simply saying that linking to myself isn't weird as I was the one who confirmed it. I can't link somewhere else.

What was strange for me was why link at all? You could have simply said "I have confirmed..." or you could have linked to an independent source.

But linking to your own Twitter as though it was independent confirmation is indeed a little strange.

It was simply so that you could retweet if you wanted to. End of story.

It was simply so that you could retweet if you wanted to. End of story.

It came off more as some odd attempt at self-promotion.

Here's what I don't get....regardless of what level of football you play, the facemask itself is actually part of the helmet (or at least bolted to it). As such, it is an extension of the shell. I don't see why teams don't all make the facemask color match the helmet shell color. That would not only make it match what it's supposed to match in the first place, but it removes it from the possibility that it could be MORE noticable than any other part of the uniform. Problem solved. No more goofy facemask colors.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

because it ends up being too much of one color in one place and for a lot of helmets, especially those without stripes and same color as the jersey it looks really bad and the color needs to be broken up. some examples of this are arizona's blood clot helmets, the dolphins and a few others.

Got the pics on my phone. What's the quickest way to post?

Here's what I don't get....regardless of what level of football you play, the facemask itself is actually part of the helmet (or at least bolted to it). As such, it is an extension of the shell. I don't see why teams don't all make the facemask color match the helmet shell color. That would not only make it match what it's supposed to match in the first place, but it removes it from the possibility that it could be MORE noticable than any other part of the uniform. Problem solved. No more goofy facemask colors.

I like different color facemasks. All shells with same color facemask would just be bland or awful. Bengals with an orange mask? No thanks. Chiefs with a red facemask? Meh. The different colors bring in much needed color balance to most of the uniforms.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

20150626_170724.jpg

20150626_170712.jpg

20150626_170724.jpg

20150626_170712.jpg

bebz9c.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

It does look really good in person. I took it in the same rack as some current and some 2012 Nike and I'd say the shade of aqua is closer to the current ones but the orange is as dark as before and both colors are looking awesome together.

Archived