NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

Have we seen the Dolphins new alts yet? I was at Sawgrass Mills in Sunrise tonight and an employee at Sportville put up a single aqua Tannehill youth jersey with the new nike template but old school Dolphins striping and numbers in the same rack as the regular ones. I knew she must had made a mistake so I asked her if it was the new alt but she seemed unaware and told me it was a vintage jersey and she put it back up after I showed her. I must say it looked pretty awesome.

As far as I know they haven't been unveiled yet. That's really interesting that some stores have them already. You should try to get a picture if you can.

Oh man.

I've always been very happy with the Dolphins current unis and I still am, but that is so beautiful.

I can't wait to see what they look like in game with the NFL style sleeves.

I'm probably going to have to fork out for one of those

Right, these "throwbacks" may look nice, but when players actually wear them, you might get 3 full stripes. . . maybe.

I disagree...

8888_zpscwswaihw.png

These are obviously more crowded than they used to be back in the 80's and before, but they are still all undeniably recognizable as stripe patterns on football jerseys. For any team interested in holding on to their traditional look, it's still preferable to dumping the idea completely.

Of all the teams still wearing semi-traditional sleeve stripes, the only two teams that do a poor job IMO are the Steelers (who refuse to shrink theirs at all, and end up cutting off the bottoms on some jerseys) and the 49ers (with that silly slant).

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But see how on the Steelers jersey, some players don't have the full set of stripes? That's how it could look on the Dolphins, especially since they are similar striping patterns.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

But see how on the Steelers jersey, some players don't have the full set of stripes? That's how it could look on the Dolphins, especially since they are similar striping patterns.

No, they'll end up looking like the Browns from the last couple years, shown on Johnny Football above, but with the small aqua stroke between the stripes. As someone mentioned above, the Steelers have refused to shrink their stripes to fit on the Nike sleeve caps for some reason.

Sigh. This is exactly why the Dolphins should've just went the throwback route to begin with. Their current look is so good incredibly lifeless compared to anything they had before that they're ALREADY busting out a throwback.

Just fix the mistake already, Dolphins. Go back to the classic look.

Lifeless? I like these throwbacks, but if anything, the throwbacks are more "lifeless" than their current identity.

Lifeless is a pretty good description of the current Dolphins uniform. From the lack of orange, to the bland corporate-style logo, to the brighter aqua (which in theory should have been nice, but in practice just looks faded and washed out) it does look like someone systematically took the old uniform and drained the life out of them.

Funny, that's actually what I like about them (except for the lack of orange). The aqua actually looks aqua now instead of teal and the blandness of the logo has never bothered me to begin with.

Have we seen the Dolphins new alts yet? I was at Sawgrass Mills in Sunrise tonight and an employee at Sportville put up a single aqua Tannehill youth jersey with the new nike template but old school Dolphins striping and numbers in the same rack as the regular ones. I knew she must had made a mistake so I asked her if it was the new alt but she seemed unaware and told me it was a vintage jersey and she put it back up after I showed her. I must say it looked pretty awesome.

As far as I know they haven't been unveiled yet. That's really interesting that some stores have them already. You should try to get a picture if you can.
20150626_170724.jpg

20150626_170712.jpg

So this makes me wonder if next seasons Packer throwback is already floating around in stores somewhere even though there has been no unveil yet.

8888_zpscwswaihw.png

For the most part all of those look horrible with today's jersey style (except for the QB cut with the longer sleeves). Sadly, this is how the Dolphins alternate will look.

To each his own I guess. To me, they all look like football jerseys... a little more crowded than ideal, maybe, but it's a look that some teams will never abandon and others will keep returning to.

Certainly better than this...

960x540.jpg

nfl_a_murphy_sk_600.jpg

Which look like teams trying way too hard to reinvent something that wasn't broken. And, unlike sleeve stripes, these are looks that will most likely seem as dated as parachute pants and a few years.

To each his own I guess. To me, they all look like football jerseys... a little more crowded than ideal, maybe, but it's a look that some teams will never abandon and others will keep returning to.

960x540.jpg

Which look like teams trying way too hard to reinvent something that wasn't broken. And, unlike sleeve stripes, these are looks that will most likely seem as dated as parachute pants and a few years.

Dated? If that theory was actually true, then the Denver Broncos would have abandoned their uniforms a decade ago. That could be said for the Titans, too.

As for the Seahawks, their current uniforms are the best they have ever had.

Grade: A New+York+Jets+v+Seattle+Seahawks+IRzEvxb

Grade: A- ac2a31c35fe6a505bf3133cbff9800d5_600x400

Grade: C- matt-hasselbeck.jpg

I didn't think there was much to criticize here

The Limited and Game jerseys are probably beautiful. The only thing being criticized is that the pro-cut version that will be on the field will look crowded like every other striped team in today's jersey styles. Some like this look while others don't.

960x540.jpg

Dated? If that theory was actually true, then the Denver Broncos would have abandoned their uniforms a decade ago. That could be said for the Titans, too.

No.

20150626_170724.jpg

20150626_170712.jpg

This with the new shade of aqua (and not changing the logo) would have been perfect new uniforms for them.

960x540.jpg

The Broncos are terribly dated. It's way past time for those uniforms to go. Same argument could be made for the Titans, especially the stripe thingys on the helmet.

960x540.jpg

The Broncos are terribly dated. It's way past time for those uniforms to go. Same argument could be made for the Titans, especially the stripe thingys on the helmet.

The tapered stripe look is so incredibly dated. That should have been left in the 90s.

960x540.jpg

The tapered stripe look is so incredibly dated. That should have been left in the 90s.

Let's not leave the Ravens out of this then

The Ravens could take the tapered stripes/spikes off of their helmets tomorrow and it would be almost impossible to notice. The purple is so close to black that they're practically invisible most of the time.

hi-res-176920044_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=22_Breakdown_home.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived