NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

I think something like that would look really cool. Anything that gets them away from the most boring and bland color combination in sports is good.

Blue and White is so much blander than gold and blue. The Rams' should definitely go back to Yellow (Athletic Gold) and Royal Blue (hopefully the helmets can actually match the jerseys this time).

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think something like that would look really cool. Anything that gets them away from the most boring and bland color combination in sports is good.

Blue and White is so much blander than gold and blue. The Rams' should definitely go back to Yellow (Athletic Gold) and Royal Blue (hopefully the helmets can actually match the jerseys this time).

Yea I meant a combination of royal and yellow with some white, like the hat

The old ram head logo is on the shorts, which leads me to believe that the blue/gold throwbacks may be replaced by the 60's blue/white.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. It was on their throwback sideline jackets last year which apparently were very popular. I believe Jeff Fisher even wore it during non-throwback games towards the end of the year.

457175132-head-coach-jeff-fisher-of-the-

The old ram head logo is on the shorts, which leads me to believe that the blue/gold throwbacks may be replaced by the 60's blue/white.

sukGiLj.jpg

Those are some very rare and awesome photos of Roman Gabriel and the LA Rams wearing their old navy blue jerseys from '65-'72. I say rare because they rarely ever wore the blue jerseys w/ white pants until the last season in 1972 before they went to the royal blue and bright yellow in 1973 under Tommy Prothro. They wore white on white at the Coliseum for home games back in that era leading to the merger and inter-conference games in 1970

I do remember them wearing them against the New Orleans Saints at Tulane Stadium for a road game, saw a photo of it and I'm sure they wore them when playing at Cleveland and Dallas, but those photos are hard to come by.

What I love about those older helmets is how angular the ram horns are on the very front of the helmet, which I've stated a number of times on here. That's when they really looked like Rams.

I would love to see them wear these in 2016 when they're back in Los Angeles, but they need the horn-look on the upper sleeve and shoulder area like the white jersey had, but most importantly go back to that front angular style ram horn on the front of the helmet whether it's gonna be royal blue and yellow or navy and white.

LA Rams at Buffalo (1970):

107380327-quarterback-roman-gabriel-of-t

I also have been waiting with breathless anticipation for the throwback. I think if this pictured version is really "it", they probably did as good as they could do in matching the 1966 jersey, EXCEPT for the swoosh being where the numbers should be. This is actually the same template as the 2003 white one we wore against Dallas on Thanksgiving. I suspect that the sleeves get shortened up like most teams do today, so that the stripes move "up" and the logo is just above the seam. It won't be as drastic of a long sleeve on the field.

The aqua color is STILL slightly too much to the blue side of spectrum in my opinion but it looks saturated enough to be OK. We are NOT the Houston Oilers and this whole malarkey about the actual authentic aqua being "teal" and many younger fans wanting the washed-out zest soap turquoise we currently have, makes me apoplectic. I saw the 1970s and 1980s aqua "live" and it was a deep, rich, BLUE-GREEN. Given how hard it is to photograph, it appears that Nike got close... real close. Better than the current shade.

I REALLY was hoping for a stripeless aqua throwback like 1970-72, but make no mistake...

I will buy this jersey.

.WE

We had an Admiral color TV back in the late days of the AFL and this image I've posted below looks very much in color to the aqua jerseys they wore at the Orange Bowl in the seasons before Shula came and George Johnson was coach. Looks 'aqua' to me and a real match to what I saw on our old Admiral TV which many considered the best color TVs of that era.

The color red actually looked red on that TV set, unlike others that looked dark orange. The other manufacturers had a real hard time with the color red, especially Magnavox

MiamiDolphins1966.jpg

Sorry if it's been posted, but this is pretty cool.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CJ-svZxUsAA193U.mp4

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Hey guys I was at a Ross the other day, and I saw an interesting jersey that I can't find any info about. I should've taken a pic but I didn't.

Anyway, it was a gray Nike elite jersey eith copper numbers and a copper nameplate, all screened on. It had the same basic block font as the 9ers. It was a number 7, and it had designs on the side panels and the shoulder panels, looked almost aztecy but I'm not sure. Does anyone know what this is? Obviously a fashion jersey, but there was no team or player embellishment.

Edit: found a pic, but I still don't know what the jersey is for http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMTk1/z/mHYAAOSwjVVVlaT7/$_35.JPG

Hey guys I was at a Ross the other day, and I saw an interesting jersey that I can't find any info about. I should've taken a pic but I didn't.

Anyway, it was a gray Nike elite jersey eith copper numbers and a copper nameplate, all screened on. It had the same basic block font as the 9ers. It was a number 7, and it had designs on the side panels and the shoulder panels, looked almost aztecy but I'm not sure. Does anyone know what this is? Obviously a fashion jersey, but there was no team or player embellishment.

Edit: found a pic, but I still don't know what the jersey is for http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMTk1/z/mHYAAOSwjVVVlaT7/$_35.JPG

There's talk of those in the Thrift Store gems thread - sorry I don't recall more than that.

It's where I sit.

Seems odd, but I do remember that there was some random Broncos gear that started popping up in navy the season before the switch to their current color scheme (I know, almost 20 years ago, but it always stuck in my memory, for some reason)

You are correct. I bought this navy Nike Broncos pullover the year before they changed their colors and uniforms. All of the sideline gear that year was navy & orange too. I really liked this wordmark. I wish they would have used it for more than 1 year.

22B7205D-0850-4D8C-B435-642B688DBF0E-308

Holy crap you were right about the sideline gear. That's pretty interesting.

72523569-nov-1996-john-elway-of-the-denv

Yup, I remember having a lot of gear in Navy and Orange the year before the switch.

Per President/CEO Tom Garfinkel, Dolphins throwbacks will be unveiled Wednesday, 7/29. We already know which sets they are throwing back to, and have seen a leaked retail jersey (the aqua one). This will be the team's first confirmation of the aqua and I'm guessing we'll get the full uniform including helmet, pants, and socks. Will be a great look.

The Houston Texans Instagram account just posted this pic in advance of training camp:

11429263_682132641930861_168894802_n.jpg

What am I looking at? Have NFL teams been wearing ads on their jerseys during training camp? How long before this slips into regular season usage? wtf??

This is from 2014

I know for sure that some teams do, but I haven't seen all of them wear a logo on their training camp jerseys. 20130726_lbm_bs4_101.0.jpg

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The Titans were the first to do it, around 2007. They didn't get league permission first, just sold the ad space.

There wasn't a specific rule against it for practice jerseys, so they were allowed to keep doing it, and in the summer of 2009, the NFL announced a new rule specifically allowing teams to sell ad space solely on practice jerseys.

The Packers unveiled their sponsors the following summer, don't know when other teams started doing it. But to get back to the first post, the Texans were among the first teams to announce their intention to seek sponsorship, back in 2009.

Archived