NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW! One of my favorites too. Cool. Listen, I gotta be honest though. In 1994 I don't think I had access (or initiative) to compare it to the actual jerseys they were throwing back to.

Given what I'm looking at on Uniwatch? I don't think they did a very good job of modernizing the spirit of that jersey. Would have preferred something more like this I think.

*EDIT - It appears like that instead of re-approaching the source material for inspiration, they rather approached the 1994 versions as "canon" and that's a bummer to me.

** Double EDIT - Also Boo to the NFL's preposterous one helmet policy. The light bulb dome here stinks. Would have been great to see this paired with the faux leather textured brown one.

GB_Throwback_zpsnix2ccls.jpg

Like a freight train with stickum

Am I the only one that finds this throwback utterly forgettable? Why go back to this one when there are so many other interesting options? I'm assuming that they are staying with navy/yellow strictly for merch sales as its a completely different palette that won't cannibalize purchases of their traditional yellow/forest. The green mask is hideous.

As others have said this is not on a nike template, it's a standard square yoke side paneled jersey cut that's been around since 70's which I assume the on field product will be produced by ripon as well. Overall this is a terribly bland throwback and lacks any charm that other 30's-40's-50's throwbacks possess.

Nice.

The green facemask is the only downer.

(Although I'm a little disappointed we aren't getting this...)

acme_zpsa722cd1f.png

And what a downer it is... I thought the mask wasn't included in the one helmet rule.

its not, just laziness

I can't believe they won't actually switch. This is as bush league as it gets.

That wouldn't have been historically accurate - the Packers always wore gold painted helmets with this set.

No kidding!?!? (Looks up gridiron database) well sonofa.......

What the heck kind of Packers fan am I? OK. I stand corrected. And I hereby modify my opinion. It's (to me) still really REALLY ugly having that big yellow light bulb dome. I guess I wish they'd just never throwback to anything that wasn't brown leather or Lombardi-era then. I just don't like it.

Like a freight train with stickum

Archived