NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there is absolutely no reason whatsoever that the dolphins shouldn't be wearing EXACTLY that uniform as their home jersey right now. maybe go with the new logo on the helmet, if you want to, or update the original in a 2-color style.

but the stripes work on the sleeves. the bold outlines of orange look better than most NFL uniforms today. it is solid, iconic, and damn near perfect. i just assumed that these throwbacks would be ruined by some stupid feature, but i really really like them. this is proof that a classic design can continue to work on a modern cut.

and this is coming from someone that thinks the new dolphins logo is good, and uniforms aren't awful.

these uniforms are just so incredibly much better than anything they've worn in years.

Week 2: Broncos at KC. Red vs. Orange. Nightmare!

Other bad looking games to-be (at least at first glance):

Ravens/Steelers

Browns/Bengals

Broncos could be in blue. Actually that game might look good if Denver goes mono blue and KC goes mono red.

I can't see any way that Ravens/Steelers looks good.

The Browns could go all orange against the Bengals.

Ravens/Steelers

Browns/Bengals

Broncos could be in blue. Actually that game might look good if Denver goes mono blue and KC goes mono red.

Nothing about that would look good.

So the Thursday Night Schedule is as follows along with potential uniform match-ups. Keep in mind that the color-on-color is NOT mandatory and this is just pure speculation and what-ifs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week 1

Steelers @ Patriots - Black vs. Navy. Not sure if this is where the League will start since this is the first game of the year, but since it IS a Thursday Nighter, I guess it qualifies. I think the helmets + pants will help differentiate the teams better, but Navy vs. Black does not sound good. Luckily, the rule is not mandatory, so we could see the normal match-up here.

Week 2

Broncos @ Chiefs - It has to be a Navy vs. Red match-up. The Chiefs' red and the Bronc's orange may be different enough in... intensity (for lack of a better term), but to prevent a potential clash of orange and red, Denver will have to break out the Navy mono's. Again, could have our normal match-up, but with the Shield pushing colors, it'll have to be navy-on-red.

Week 3

Redskins @ Giants - Burgundy vs Blue shouldn't be an issue. The teams are different enough to play color-on-color

Week 4

Ravens @ Steelers - Dark Purple vs. Black nightmare UNLESS we sacrifice Pittsburgh's current look for the bumblebees, but that seems a little early for an alternate, no? Anyway, this is a no brainer and must be the normal white @ color match-up.

Week 5

Colts @ Texans - I think Houston is saving their Battle Reds for New England in December. If they use them here, it will be absolutely beautiful. If not, oh boy...

Week 6

Falcons @ Saints - Has to be Red vs. Black. Otherwise, ATL in white, NO in Black.

Week 7

Seahawks @ 49ers - I could see two color-on-color possibilities here. One is the two teams both wearing their normal home uniforms. Option two is Seattle in their Wolf Grays and San Fran in their Useless Blacks.

Week 8

Dolphins @ Pats - Teal vs. Navy could be a sight to see. Sounds interesting, but could be bad as well. Guess we'll have to see.

Week 9

Browns @ Bengals - someone's going to be wearing orange in this one if a color-on-color game is to be played. Either way, it's not going to be very pleasing.

Week 10

Bills @ Jets - Royal Blue vs. Dark Green could be interesting as well. However, I expect a normal white-on-color match-up here.

Week 11

Titans @ Jets - Powder Blue vs. Teal/Black. Make it happen.

Week 12 - Thanksgiving

Eagles @ Lions - Midnight Green @ Honolulu Blue sounds good.

Panthers @ Cowboys - Panthers have to wear their Light Blues and Dallas has to wear their Navys (obviously) in order to look good.

Bears @ Packers - hmmmm.... People want the Throwback in this game for GB. If so, then I don't expect a color-on-color match-up to happen on Turkey Day, especially when the Bears have navy as well.

Week 13

Packers @ Lions - THIS Should have been a Thanksgiving Day game. I can see the GB throwback work here in a color-on-color match-up.

Week 14

Vikings @ Cardinals - Another potentially great color match-up with purple from MIN and red from ARI. Let's make this happen.

Week 15

Buccaneers @ Rams - Color-wise, it sounds decent. The actual uniforms though? Ehhhhhhhhhhh..........

Week 16 - Christmas Eve

Chargers @ Raiders - Powder Blue will work here for San Diego when they enter the Blackhole in Oakland.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, I don't see color-on-color games occurring as much this year as we will in years to come. The thing about having Thursday-specific uniforms will certainly make things interesting if that rumor is proven to be true and C-O-C games are made mandatory on Thursday nights.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Ravens/Steelers

Browns/Bengals

Nothing about that would look good.

Agreed.

I would think that an all orange Bengals/Browns game would look sick,so I don't want the NFL to know.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

there is absolutely no reason whatsoever that the dolphins shouldn't be wearing EXACTLY that uniform as their home jersey right now. maybe go with the new logo on the helmet, if you want to, or update the original in a 2-color style.

but the stripes work on the sleeves. the bold outlines of orange look better than most NFL uniforms today. it is solid, iconic, and damn near perfect. i just assumed that these throwbacks would be ruined by some stupid feature, but i really really like them. this is proof that a classic design can continue to work on a modern cut.

and this is coming from someone that thinks the new dolphins logo is good, and uniforms aren't awful.

these uniforms are just so incredibly much better than anything they've worn in years.

To be honest, I liked the last change and even own an aqua jersey but these are honestly perfect. I'd go with 9/10 and really hope these will end up as primaries...

The throwback look is nice. The inaccuracies don't really bother me that much as they're not that noticeable. In regards to them being brought back full-time, I wouldn't mind it, but they're going to have to find a way to modernize it a bit. I don't think anyone can deny on how outdated their old logo was and grey facemasks (as someone said on another thread) universally suck. I just hope we make these our full-time alternate uniforms because they're absolutely gorgeous.

OK, I'll deny it.

And as for gray facemasks... I know on another thread I said white facemasks universally suck. I don't know, maybe someone said something similar about gray facemasks, but if they did, they were wrong. Gray facemasks are usually pretty awesome, at least on a uniform like this one.

Yeah, I'm going to have to deny it as well.

With regard to gray facemasks, it's a case by case thing with me. The gray really works with some looks and it doesn't with others. In the case of the Dolphins throwback, it works but I also think going with an aqua colored facemask would look pretty good too.

BB52Big.jpg

Those look spectacular. Perfect color scheme and application thereof.

That news about Thursday night games being mandatory color-on-color is pretty stupid. Does that mean games will be scheduled around being color-scheme-compliant? What if it's Steelers-Saints? What about Dallas? The NFL is dumb.

Couldn't disagree more. I always wished NFL would do color-vs-color, but figured it would never happen. I really hope it is well-received. Red vs blue! black vs green! aqua vs. purple!

Yeah, it's about time the NFL joins other major sports. Lets be honest, white jerseys are boring. Some look good, and should be secondary if a team has few colors. But if two teams can manage to go color vs color, it'll look fantastic

The throwback look is nice. The inaccuracies don't really bother me that much as they're not that noticeable. In regards to them being brought back full-time, I wouldn't mind it, but they're going to have to find a way to modernize it a bit. I don't think anyone can deny on how outdated their old logo was and grey facemasks (as someone said on another thread) universally suck. I just hope we make these our full-time alternate uniforms because they're absolutely gorgeous.

OK, I'll deny it.

Yeah, I'm going to have to deny it as well.

You guys could've at least elaborated on why you deny it. <_<

I'm just saying, the least the Dolphins could do is clean up the logo a little bit because it does show age.

I do kinda like the Broncos' monochrome look, but I can't say the same for the Chiefs.

I really want the Thanksgiving Throwbacks program to return. Even NFL.com got in on the action by displaying old team logos.

DsYdKFJ.png

I have never seen that Steelers logo before.

Kinda odd they used just the gold helmet for the Packers in 2002. Seems like there were a few other better options from the Packers' past.

And funny how the Bucs logo was not Bucco.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Those look spectacular. Perfect color scheme and application thereof.

That news about Thursday night games being mandatory color-on-color is pretty stupid. Does that mean games will be scheduled around being color-scheme-compliant? What if it's Steelers-Saints? What about Dallas? The NFL is dumb.

Couldn't disagree more. I always wished NFL would do color-vs-color, but figured it would never happen. I really hope it is well-received. Red vs blue! black vs green! aqua vs. purple!

Yeah, it's about time the NFL joins other major sports. Lets be honest, white jerseys are boring. Some look good, and should be secondary if a team has few colors. But if two teams can manage to go color vs color, it'll look fantastic

No, it will look like some low level amateur football league where neither team could afford two sets of uniforms.

It's where I sit.

Archived