NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

I don't get why people dislike the new way stripes are on jerseys. It really doesn't bother me that they get cut off. Sleeves aren't returning to football jerseys anytime soon so if this is how we keep traditional stripes then so be it.

i do agree, the way they are being applied today is about the best ppossible way to keep the old stripe design around. there's not much you can do because of the issue at hand. that is, those stripes were a graphic solution to an entirely different problem. they were designed to wrap around a sleeve, not stretch across a shoulder and they now have a shoe-horned application. so thats the problem with them. what should be happening with new designs is what Nike has done with Oklahoma State or the Vikings: designing a new sleeve element for modern cuts. but when it comes to preserving the old stuff, i think we're just stuck with the hack jobs that are there. what i don't accept though, is the complete bastardization of the stripe as with the Steelers, 49ers, and Lions. those are some issues that need to be solved; they look terrible.

It's time to consider rotating the stripes vertically, and maybe even dropping TV numbers.

Or............. go with MTL Canadiens style jerseys with the strips across the midsection, and in the Steelers case, just slap a black (home) or white (away) outline around the number to make it more legible.

I'm not really sure that'd help anything, but I've never had problems with the Steelers' numbers.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get why people dislike the new way stripes are on jerseys. It really doesn't bother me that they get cut off. Sleeves aren't returning to football jerseys anytime soon so if this is how we keep traditional stripes then so be it.

i do agree, the way they are being applied today is about the best ppossible way to keep the old stripe design around. there's not much you can do because of the issue at hand. that is, those stripes were a graphic solution to an entirely different problem. they were designed to wrap around a sleeve, not stretch across a shoulder and they now have a shoe-horned application. so thats the problem with them. what should be happening with new designs is what Nike has done with Oklahoma State or the Vikings: designing a new sleeve element for modern cuts. but when it comes to preserving the old stuff, i think we're just stuck with the hack jobs that are there. what i don't accept though, is the complete bastardization of the stripe as with the Steelers, 49ers, and Lions. those are some issues that need to be solved; they look terrible.

It's time to consider rotating the stripes vertically, and maybe even dropping TV numbers.

Or............. go with MTL Canadiens style jerseys with the strips across the midsection, and in the Steelers case, just slap a black (home) or white (away) outline around the number to make it more legible.

I'm not really sure that'd help anything, but I've never had problems with the Steelers' numbers.

If they had their stripe across the mid section they'd need some outline around the numbers since they're solid white and their stripe pattern includes white stripes along with yellow.

Essentially I'm saying do this with the Steelers stripes - just a full wrap-around if possible (and lose the undersleeves since many players wouldn't wear them anyway.

NW2.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

but for the season though or just this...

Matt BarrowsVerified account ‏@mattbarrows

Paint it Black: Levi's end zones get makeover for Wedemeyer all-star game, #49ers training camp.

The 49ers have for a while have never had colored in end zones until the playoffs or the final game of the season (if they're not making playoffs). So I would think that they won't have a black end zone for the regular season. HOWEVER, the team already broke tradition with a black uni so who knows what other things they will change?

Go A's!

If they had their stripe across the mid section they'd need some outline around the numbers since they're solid white and their stripe pattern includes white stripes along with yellow.

Essentially I'm saying do this with the Steelers stripes - just a full wrap-around if possible (and lose the undersleeves since many players wouldn't wear them anyway.

NW2.jpg

I now understand - and yeah, if they did that they'd need an outline.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I saw a video on the NFL website where the Titans were running through this bizzarre WR drill, but one of the WR's had light blue socks on. I didn't know the Titans had any light blue socks, is there any chance they ever wear them?

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I thought NFL players could pretty much wear whatever they wanted in practice. Wouldn't look too much into that Titans players wearing light blue socks.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I think the patriots want to do the old blue throwbacks, that would be cool. Somehow, the red throwbacks don't look as good as they did in today's jersey design. As for the browns, I dont know why they want to change their jerseys. The browns are the classic look of the NFL and I think that they should keep it that way. The worst jerseys in the whole league are of course the jaguars. The orginal jersey are so much better than these or the last ones they have. The same thing goes for the logo.

I think the patriots want to do the old blue throwbacks, that would be cool. Somehow, the red throwbacks don't look as good as they did in today's jersey design. As for the browns, I dont know why they want to change their jerseys. The browns are the classic look of the NFL and I think that they should keep it that way. The worst jerseys in the whole league are of course the jaguars. The orginal jersey are so much better than these or the last ones they have. The same thing goes for the logo.

I think it has more to do with the NFL's stupid 1 helmet rule, the red throwbacks looked good in 2012 with that being the last year they were allowed to wear them.

I think it has more to do with the NFL's stupid 1 helmet rule, the red throwbacks looked good in 2012 with that being the last year they were allowed to wear them.

I agree with the one helmet rule...owners will eventually think about the bottom line (uniform popularity and jersey sales) and change that rule....as far as the browns...we need to see the new look in the game situation first until we go to judgement ( some of us already did) but I liked the classic look maybe in a few years they will return to the classic look but with some minor changes to the previous look something like buffalo did to theirs..If the pats want to do anything is add a red alt to their current template and add a white pant set.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

I saw a video on the NFL website where the Titans were running through this bizzarre WR drill, but one of the WR's had light blue socks on. I didn't know the Titans had any light blue socks, is there any chance they ever wear them?

i think i saw the same thing on a photo from their instagram... made me do a double take until i realized they werent socks at all, but rather just columbia blue tights.

i think i saw the same thing on a photo from their instagram... made me do a double take until i realized they werent socks at all, but rather just columbia blue tights.
Same thing because a lot of players will wear tights instead of socks to get the same look but feels better.

Archived