NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a pic of the 1973 Throwback the Dolphins wore against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving 2003.

7bzA6mB.jpg

Also for good measure, here's the first attempt at a throwback in 1994. All they did was remove the current logo from the sleeves and change the helmet logo, so it wasn't worth it and I doubt anybody noticed a change.

qb1GeVE.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

Here's a pic of the 1973 Throwback the Dolphins wore against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving 2003.

7bzA6mB.jpg

Also for good measure, here's the first attempt at a throwback in 1994. All they did was remove the current logo from the sleeves and change the hlmet logo. Stupid.

qb1GeVE.jpg

That first pic looks great except for whatever the heck is going on on the shoulder numbers.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

7bzA6mB.jpg

Also for good measure, here's the first attempt at a throwback in 1994. All they did was remove the current logo from the sleeves and change the hlmet logo. Stupid.

qb1GeVE.jpg

That first pic looks great except for whatever the heck is going on on the shoulder numbers.

I think the originals had basically the same stroke width on the sleeves as they did on the chest/back even though the numbers were much smaller.. The overall look is actually pretty accurate.. How about those Jets uniforms though?!

Oh you bad now huh? You paint your endzone black so you bad now huh?

...my #48 film of all time*

I just noticed, is that '@49ers' font in the stadium pic black?? I mean, is Al Davis laughing or crying in heaven right now?

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Was that just a Jets throwback helmet? I don't know how I missed that one.

That was from 1994. It was the first time teams had done throwback helmets, and some teams were concerned about having different shells. So they just swapped out decals, resulting in 1960s Jets graphics on their early-90s green shell.

The Bills also fumbled the 1994 throwbacks too, but I kinda like both helmets because it gave classic looks a modern spin.

Jets+Bills+94.png

Yeesh. That Bills logo just looks like a glob of white paint.... reminds me how the Broncos "retarded/drunk horse logo used to look on their 60s orange lids.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

No. Took me 32 seconds to say "screw this crap"!

I also don't like Fawcett Stadium changing to Tom Benson Field but that's just progress nowadays. To be fair he put up the majority of the funds to update the hall.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

No. Took me 32 seconds to say "screw this crap"!

I also don't like Fawcett Stadium changing to Tom Benson Field but that's just progress nowadays. To be fair he put up the majority of the funds to update the hall.

The stadium upgrade is $80 million and he donated $11 million to the overall update (which is going to be WAY more than $80 million). So, naming the field after him, and putting a ****ing statue of him at the stadium is beyond idiotic.

It's counting the (*sigh*) "inactive" years as seasons.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Bills also fumbled the 1994 throwbacks too, but I kinda like both helmets because it gave classic looks a modern spin.

Jets+Bills+94.png

Yeesh. That Bills logo just looks like a glob of white paint.... reminds me how the Broncos "retarded/drunk horse logo used to look on their 60s orange lids.

I liked those Broncos 1966 throwbacks that they wore in '94 for NFL 75 .... they wore their white away jerseys for their game in Buffalo.

Especially liked the Raiders with silver numbers on their jerseys ... they should bring those back.

12221403693_9bf26a505e_o.png

I can't see how those Raiders jerseys can possibly be legible from the press box or upper deck.

Since Cleveland has never been to the Super Bowl, do we get a reprieve from the goldapalooza?

The 1994 version of that Raiders throwback was inaccurate. There is suppose to be a thick black outline on the numbers so it's more legible, which they got right in 2009 and it looked absolutely fantastic. If there's one change I would make about the Raiders uniforms, it would be to return to silver numbers on the road. It really pops.

zach-miller.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

Archived