NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm flattered. :P

I'd expect an all-black jersey to be the thing they do right. If they can't make the Raiders look halfway decent it's time to close the sweatshops and join the rock/paper/scissors circuit.

Shiny pants? Does that mean they kept the old configuration for the pants?

I'm watching the Raiders game right now and the only noticeable difference is the NFL logo on the neck being moved further down thanks to the new template, which is something I haven't really liked since the Nike takeover in 2012.

Also where the hell are the Rams gold pants? Sheesh.

bSLCtu2.png

Gold pants give them a top-tier look in the league. White or blue pants drop them to bottom part of the middle tier (still not in the JAX, TB, or CLE tier)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Gold pants give them a top-tier look in the league. White or blue pants drop them to bottom part of the middle tier (still not in the JAX, TB, or CLE tier)

Those three are all definitely the worst, but by technicality I would say Rams in blue pants are a bottom tier look.

White over burgundy at home was the classic WSH look that I grew up with. I'm still a little startled seeing them in dark at home, even though they've been doing it for a long time now. I hate their white pants and hope they never see the light of day again. The yellow is fine for both white and dark jersey, but the burgundy should really brought back (as long as they don't wear it with the burgundy jersey.)

Whatever they do, they need to standardize their stripes and either modify the yellow pants or the burgundy. What would be even better would be to change the colors slightly to match the throwbacks, and re-do the whole uniform except the helmet (unless the name changes.)

Agree on the stripe standardization as long as they don't standardize the two-stripe look, the asymmetry of which I never liked.

Burgundy/burgundy/yellow/burgundy at home and burgundy/white/burgundy/white are the perfect Redskins combinations. I don't mind yellow pants with white on the Redskins, but with the Packers and Steelers already doing it, three's a crowd.

And yeah, the throwback shades are tops.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Who in the hell in the Buccanneers organization actually thought those jerseys looked good? Dear lord, that is one mismatched set of crap. God, those things are awful! It's a good thing they suck, so we don't have to watch them. Ugh. They were hard to watch last year and year two, they still suck. Please Tampa, get some sense and go back to the previous look.

I thought the field number font was specified by the NFL so that something like this couldn'thappen

I thought so too. Legibility is so important with the yard markers that it's a little dangerous to let the teams decide how they want to do it.

For many teams it'd be OK, but imagine if TB was to do it with the alarm-clock numbers?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Raiders new uniform...... is nothing special. Looked at it now, and the transition to the Elite 51 template for the team was a seamless one; their uniform design has remained unchanged, for the most part, for the better part of 50 years now.

If it hasn't been mentioned already, the Nikelace on the collar is not there.

UBwef0L.png

Vikings changed the yardage numbers on the field at TCF Bank Stadium to match their uniform font:

https://vine.co/v/epA9uBIrOaK(apologies for the Vine, can't find any images out there yet)

Do any other teams do this?

L0DGhtX.png

What I want to know is, if they're sharing the stadium with the Minnesota Golden Gophers, why on earth would they go as far as to change the numbers on the field? Wouldn't that be more work for the grounds crew?

bSLCtu2.png

Vikings changed the yardage numbers on the field at TCF Bank Stadium to match their uniform font:

https://vine.co/v/epA9uBIrOaK(apologies for the Vine, can't find any images out there yet)

Do any other teams do this?

L0DGhtX.png

What I want to know is, if they're sharing the stadium with the Minnesota Golden Gophers, why on earth would they go as far as to change the numbers on the field? Wouldn't that be more work for the grounds crew?

That could be just for the preseason.

Archived