NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

I'd it's like Dallas, they spent some extra money to replace them. Or.. it's fir preseason. Lol

I disagree. Not all teams have their numbers stitched into their FieldTurf (the Patriots I know for a fact don't).

I'd bet it's just paint.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd it's like Dallas, they spent some extra money to replace them. Or.. it's fir preseason. Lol

I disagree. Not all teams have their numbers stitched into their FieldTurf (the Patriots I know for a fact don't).

I'd bet it's just paint.

Its clearly just paint.... but the Gophers are gonna have to repaint their own numbers now, too.

Pointless extra work, really.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

I'd bet it's just paint.

Its clearly just paint.... but the Gophers are gonna have to repaint their own numbers now, too.

Pointless extra work, really.

Unless the Gophers want bright gold 50's, they're gonna have to repaint anyway.

I think I might have seen a new wordmark in the endzones as well. At least the MINNESOTA might be.

Minnesota wordmark is the same as last year.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Yard numbers on the field are closer to the sidelines in college than the NFL, so the grounds crew would have to paint new numbers on the field anyway. (Some stadiums use hash marks in place of college numbers when games are being played in a pro stadium, such as the Sugar Bowl in the Superdome, but it doesn't look like that's what they did in Minnesota last year.)

As for the NFL requiring a specific font for field numbers, I'm sure there are some guidelines in place, but there are a few fonts in use around the league now. By my count, the Browns alone have used three since returning in 1999.

Wait, wait, I thought they used Field Turf? Can't they just replace the Viking/NFL parts of the field like what the Giants and Jets do?

Some places actually paint on the artificial turf. MetLife and ATT Stadiums have multiple artificial surfaces for respective games.

The Georgia Dome always repaints the turf for NFL and college games, and they usually do an excellent job washing off old graphics.

It's pretty clear that TCF repaints... The end zone wordmark was maroon for Gophers games, and purple for Vikings games last year.

Vikings changed the yardage numbers on the field at TCF Bank Stadium to match their uniform font:

https://vine.co/v/epA9uBIrOaK(apologies for the Vine, can't find any images out there yet)

Do any other teams do this?

Florida State Seminoles

Plus Cincinnati Bearcats, and I think Georgia does as well with its new font.

L0DGhtX.png

For years, I've often wondered why this hasn't caught on. Considering all the endzone and midfield detail that goes on these days, teams continue to mail it in with field numbers. Aside from Washington, I'm almost certain all other teams (before now Minnesota) use traditional stencil font. Pretty much hoping the Vikes begin a new trend with this.

6uXNWAo.png

L0DGhtX.png

For years, I've often wondered why this hasn't caught on. Considering all the endzone and midfield detail that goes on these days, teams continue to mail it in with field numbers. Aside from Washington, I'm almost certain all other teams (before now Minnesota) use traditional stencil font. Pretty much hoping the Vikes begin a new trend with this.

Washington uses traditional stencil font; the Redskins had a more custom font when they were at RFK (and they really should reintroduce it). There are 10-12 different fonts used by NFL teams, with the Raiders having the most distinct until now. There's a whole thread about this in the concepts section.

18254046-mmmain.jpg

I know this is the Bucs practice jersey. But that orange jersey is a HUGE upgrade over the in game jerseys. Add some tweaks and you have a legit alternate jersey.

First, they are missing the yoke, which is a plus. Second, after the one helmet rule, I remember reading an article saying how popular the throwbacks are and how they look to incorporate orange while still adhering to the one helmet rule. Third, they have orange socks which stick out like sore thumbs. At least if they wear pewter socks with white pants and red with pewter pants, they can avoid the leotard look and the appropriate socks flow into the pant stripes. I can see it all coming together maybe next year.

KISSwall09.jpg

Washington uses traditional stencil font; the Redskins had a more custom font when they were at RFK (and they really should reintroduce it). There are 10-12 different fonts used by NFL teams, with the Raiders having the most distinct until now. There's a whole thread about this in the concepts section.

FedEx: -

Washington-Redskins-Zone-D-Club.jpg

RFK -

BwGkwbUIEAAm9wg.jpg

87Redskins.png

FedEx: -

Washington-Redskins-Zone-D-Club.jpg

RFK -

BwGkwbUIEAAm9wg.jpg

In my defense, the Redskins haven't been watchable since they called RFK home.

6uXNWAo.png

I just want to say I've finally seen the Browns jersey in person and omg they are horrible. Much worse than what I thought from the picture. Not sure whether to blame them or nike but I want to find the person who gave this design the OK and get what he's smoking. It must be some really good stuff.

GO NETS.

Archived