NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While most Bengals fans are so starved for another Super Bowl that they'll take one whenever they can get it, I almost find myself hoping they don't do it in these uniforms. It would really pain me to see them forever immortalized in an NFL Films Super Bowl video wearing these clown costumes. I'm willing to wait for them to change uniforms before they win a championship, because if they were to win one, we'd never get rid of these monstrosities.

I'm with you. I can't believe this is already season number 12 in these costumes. To put that into perspective the Super Bowl uniforms were only worn for 16 years. Only 5 more seasons in the current trash and they'll be around as long as the Super Bowl uniforms!

The problem is I want them to change, but I fear for what Nike would do to us. It's like the uniform equivalent to Andy Dalton - they're not good, but at least I know what we have and the known quantity is greater than the unknown. If you tell Nike to go wild with tiger stripes they'll come back with something five times more stupid looking.

The best uniforms in NFL history only got 16 years and that's just tragic.

Boomer_GettyImages_71342788.jpg

Fixed.

(I like the thinner stripes on the original version; and the tiger on sleeve is overkill).

EDIT: I know the 81-96 uniform had periods of "block" and "Champion" numbers. I prefer the block, so this is actually not the best photo...but too lazy and all...

No extra logos ... No side panels ... Perfect

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Kutztown wrote:

I used to pray that the Eagles would get a revamp, or head back to a kelly green, gray and white look of old.

Then I saw Nike F everyone's uniforms up, and I'm like "ya know what, let's just leave things as they are."

LOL. Give that man a cigar. Truer words were never said.

The Bengals simply need to wear a black jersey with orange sleeve caps that have the tiger stripes inside them. Can keep the number font they have. Not so sure how to do the pants of the top of my head, though.

You pretty much described their current home jersey.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

St. Louis would have possibly the best uniform in the NFL if they wore gold pants.

Faulk_Image.jpg

It's that simple.

Truer words have never been spoken, my friend.

I literally dream of the Rams bringing back the gold pants... Literally... as in, just the other night. You know you're a CCSLC member when you dream of your team improving its uniform. :D

The Bengals simply need to wear a black jersey with orange sleeve caps that have the tiger stripes inside them. Can keep the number font they have. Not so sure how to do the pants of the top of my head, though.

You pretty much described their current home jersey.

To an extent, yes. However, what I said would mean the removal of the white side panels and restricts the stripes to only inside the sleeve cap, making it completely different from their current uniform.

I don't remember seeing this last year, but the Cardinals have contrasting stitching on their white jerseys this year. They have white stitching running above the black piping that runs across the shoulder (just below the Swoosh), the front shoulder area and around the borderline of the collar.

I don't remember seeing this last year, but the Cardinals have contrasting stitching on their white jerseys this year. They have white stitching running above the black piping that runs across the shoulder (just below the Swoosh), the front shoulder area and around the borderline of the collar.

Yeah a seemingly random addition:

cardinals-raiders-football-larry-fitzger

I realized that the cardinals and falcons are coming up on about 12 years with their current unis and I dont think any jersey has ever overstayed its welcome more than those two

Those two, along with the Rams, have the most tired looks in football. Hopefully the Rams will be changing given all of the rumors, but there haven't been any winds of change from Atlanta or Arizona. Maybe the Falcons change with their new stadium.

These four are so obviously overdue for new looks it's painful to watch them...

tired_zpsk91qwdts.png

IMO Tampa, Jacksonville, and now Cleveland all have uglier uniforms, but we are stuck with them for now. And for myself, I equally hate Baltimore, Philly, Tennessee and Seattle, but I'd guess that's less of a universal opinion.

New England's unis are due for a change too but seeing how much success they've had I don't see it happening. Cincinnati just needs to change numbers are get rid of the contrasting stripes.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

While most Bengals fans are so starved for another Super Bowl that they'll take one whenever they can get it, I almost find myself hoping they don't do it in these uniforms. It would really pain me to see them forever immortalized in an NFL Films Super Bowl video wearing these clown costumes. I'm willing to wait for them to change uniforms before they win a championship, because if they were to win one, we'd never get rid of these monstrosities.

I'm with you. I can't believe this is already season number 12 in these costumes. To put that into perspective the Super Bowl uniforms were only worn for 16 years. Only 5 more seasons in the current trash and they'll be around as long as the Super Bowl uniforms!

The problem is I want them to change, but I fear for what Nike would do to us. It's like the uniform equivalent to Andy Dalton - they're not good, but at least I know what we have and the known quantity is greater than the unknown. If you tell Nike to go wild with tiger stripes they'll come back with something five times more stupid looking.

The best uniforms in NFL history only got 7 years and that's just tragic.

kitna_chased.jpgkitna_passes_0_1432024804.jpg

Man I loved those bengal uniforms. They need to make an update of that set asap. The current one is beyond disaster, the white stripe on the blacks needs to go yesterday. So much potential, so much disappointment.

I feel like in today's world with subliminated patterns being the norm, that particular Bengals set could be pulled off in such a better way than it was. It was a pretty solid set but those stripes on the shoulders, while great in theory, we're a bit of a disaster in practice. Something a bit more subtle would be great for the Bengals. I wouldn't even mind a set of alt pants that matches the helmet. Wild, but with a simple jersey, I think it could be awesome.

It's a shame those uniforms, along with the 80's set are not in Madden 16.

This isn't anything big but it looks like the Lions will wear the William Clay Ford memorial patch again this year. It's the WCF logo

Probably just a preseason thing, before making final cuts. Then again I don't know.

Good point! I hope the logo stays inside Ford Field though. Mr. Ford was a great guy and nobody wanted the Lions to win more than him.

• 2 weeks later...

18254046-mmmain.jpg

I know this is the Bucs practice jersey. But that orange jersey is a HUGE upgrade over the in game jerseys. Add some tweaks and you have a legit alternate jersey.

First, they are missing the yoke, which is a plus. Second, after the one helmet rule, I remember reading an article saying how popular the throwbacks are and how they look to incorporate orange while still adhering to the one helmet rule. Third, they have orange socks which stick out like sore thumbs. At least if they wear pewter socks with white pants and red with pewter pants, they can avoid the leotard look and the appropriate socks flow into the pant stripes. I can see it all coming together maybe next year.

I think both the red and orange practice jerseys look better than the current game jerseys. This pic demonstrates the Bucs' need to simplify their look.

What's the deal with the Cowboys flywire? I am watching the preseason game and noticed half the players have clear flywire and others have a blueish green color..best photo I could take to capture both in same shot.

IMAG1691_zpsa0dnlbko.jpg

I never ever cared about the Cowboys "road" white uniforms (even though they continue to wear them at home SMH). But it seems like every year passes by, it tends to get worse.

Archived