NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The blue numbers bled into the flywire last year but didn't bleed into any of the other stitching? That's weird.

Yes, in the laundry. The blue numbers bled a little. Whatever the stitching is made from didn't pick up the dye, but the flywire material did.

Doesn't seem that strange, since the flywire material is different from everything else on the jersey. It reacted differently than anything else.

The flywire is stitching with some kind of plastic coating over it. So, the plastic coating changed colors.

The thing that's peculiar about it is that many other teams use flywire, yet only one has the jersey numbers bleed onto it. So, do the Cowboys use a different twill material for the numbers than other teams? There's got to be more to it.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Cowboys might just be dumb and not know how to do laundry.

This is the same team whose solution for tighter jerseys for lineman was to shoelace the jersey to the shoulder pad through the collar. They did that for decades and nobody else did.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Leave it to this site to contort uniform design discussion to the point that Cinci's 90's gear is discussed as GOAT. Yikes. Reverting to the late 90's gear would be a crisp upgrade over their current unis, but the striping is gimmicky and can't compare to some of the unchanged classics that have survived generations of football virtually unchanged.

no that's just me. I don't think many others share that opinion.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The flywire is stitching with some kind of plastic coating over it. So, the plastic coating changed colors.

The thing that's peculiar about it is that many other teams use flywire, yet only one has the jersey numbers bleed onto it. So, do the Cowboys use a different twill material for the numbers than other teams? There's got to be more to it.

Last year I wondered if that was a case of them wearing, and washing, the white jerseys so often.

Last year I wondered if that was a case of them wearing, and washing, the white jerseys so often.

It could be, but we'd have to look at images of the Dolphins Panthers to see. The Panthers wear their white jerseys 11-12 times a year and the Dolphins wear theirs 15. I haven't seen anybody but the Cowboys have this issue. It's gotta be that they have an incompetent person doing the laundry.

Also, I don't know how much they actually reuse jerseys. I've looked at game-used Bears jerseys before. From 2005 through at least the end of the Reebok era, players were given new jerseys almost every game. Maybe they'd retire the jerseys as soon as there was a tiny rip in them? I don't know. But if you looked on the Bears' auction site, they'd have the jersey, pants and socks worn by Brian Urlacher or Charles Tillman on X date against whatever team. Maybe they auctioned off stars' uniforms after every game, but made most of the players wear the same jerseys all year? I don't know. Either way, I can't imagine the Bears are the only team which did/does this.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Jets mismatched greens looked especially awful yesterday.

Agreed. The pants looked like a dark olive.

18748966-standard.jpg

. . . and the Browns looked pretty bad with orange pants and orange socks.

Looks better in this photo than in the broadcast. My wife asked why the jets were wearing grayish brown.

I agree that it looked even worse on TV. This is the best picture I could find to give an idea of just how drab they were.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The Jets mismatched greens looked especially awful yesterday.

Agreed. The pants looked like a dark olive.

18748966-standard.jpg

. . . and the Browns looked pretty bad with orange pants and orange socks.

Looks better in this photo than in the broadcast. My wife asked why the jets were wearing grayish brown.

I agree that it looked even worse on TV. This is the best picture I could find to give an idea of just how drab they were.

No matter whether the green matches or not, I can't like that Jets look. Never have, never will.

Leave it to this site to contort uniform design discussion to the point that Cinci's 90's gear is discussed as GOAT. Yikes. Reverting to the late 90's gear would be a crisp upgrade over their current unis, but the striping is gimmicky and can't compare to some of the unchanged classics that have survived generations of football virtually unchanged.

Shut it.

Archived