NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

One of the 49ers fans in my office says the black uniforms were probably inspired by Kaepernick's practice jersey so you may not be as far off as you think.

Jim-Harbaugh-and-Colin-Kaepernick.jpg

It looks much better with gold pants. At least then the helmet isn't so jarringly different.

They were.

Additionally I believe Harbaugh's outfit also played a role. Harbaugh wore a lot of black and so when the idea of a black alt came along while he was still head coach, it seemed like a good idea since both Kap and coach were wearing black.

Go A's!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those jerseys were pretty bad....

The 49ers easily could make a black jersey work but that was not it.

The 49ers colors are red, gold and white. Black is not a team color, outside of the outline on the logo (which should be thinner, anyway). Black is no more one of their colors than orange and royal blue are Blackhawks colors.

This is exactly what makes me hate Nike so much. They took a trim color on a uniform, which isn't even listed as one of the team's colors, and made a horrid wreck of a uniform out of it. Using this logic, how long will it be before:

...the Steelers start wearing gray, blue, or red jerseys (which are in their logo)?

...the Redskins break out a BFBS uniform, since black is in their logo?

...the Ravens break out an alt RED jersey (since the eyes are bloodshot in their logo)?

...the Jaguars break out gold or teal uniforms (hey, that would actually be an improvement)?

...the Chiefs go BFBS, using the same logic as the 49ers?

...the Titans find a way to shoehorn in red in their jerseys or pants?

...the Vikings to wear a jersey with the skintone of the norseman

The 49ers colors are red, gold and white. Black is not a team color, outside of the outline on the logo (which should be thinner, anyway). Black is no more one of their colors than orange and royal blue are Blackhawks colors.

This is exactly what makes me hate Nike so much. They took a trim color on a uniform, which isn't even listed as one of the team's colors, and made a horrid wreck of a uniform out of it. Using this logic, how long will it be before:

...the Steelers start wearing gray, blue, or red jerseys (which are in their logo)?

...the Ravens break out an alt RED jersey (since the eyes are bloodshot in their logo)?

...the Jaguars break out gold or teal uniforms (hey, that would actually be an improvement)?

...the Vikings to wear a jersey with the skintone of the norseman

...the Seahawks wear the feathers of Augur hawks

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Here you go!

Joe_Flacco.jpg

Just kidding . . . practice jersey.

That's a sharp look. Practice jersey or not.

You know, with their white pants and solid black socks, I could be convinced to like this for ONE game.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Here you go!

Joe_Flacco.jpg

Just kidding . . . practice jersey.

That's a sharp look. Practice jersey or not.

You know, with their white pants and solid black socks, I could be convinced to like this for ONE game.

I would almost support that as the full-time look. I know purple is the Ravens' colour at this point, but the red just looks so nice.

Didn't like them. A historic franchise gone wrong. But, if they insist on it, at least add gold to the uni to tie in to the helmet like UW.

washington-black-uniform.jpg

The more I look at this, the more I agree. The addition of black at UW was something I wasn't a fan of, but the more I see it, the more I realize how well they do BFBS. Should the 49ers have a black jersey? No. But if they are going to they could at least borrow some elements from this set (or the new UW ones) to help balance things out nicely. Also, I think the gold helmet here helps keep the tradition (for either SF or UW) and looks better than a black helmet would/did.

SEAsig.png

Is this a subtle joke? lol If so, well played.

hi-res-7770146_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=42

If the Falcons aren't gonna get new uniforms they at least need to bring back the black pants as an option (mostly on the road) and black jerseys as an alt.

2828938399_1abc7fb130_b.jpg

michael-vick-asch.jpg

2400190-michael-vick-of-the-atlanta-falc

I remember I loved these jerseys when they first came out. Even bought a white Vick one. (I was 12 at the time) But I started liking them less when the red became the primary and they started dropping most of the black. Plus they haven't really stood the test of time.

The Jags need to wear the teal jersey (which they didn't even do last year) with the black pants at least once this year.

The old Jags teal jersey/solid black pants combo they wore in the Fred Taylor era, was one of the best looks in NFL land in the past 20 years.

The Teal should 100% be their primary home jersey.

The Jags uniforms aren't great, but they're a few tweaks from being salvageable. The obvious one is making the worst helmet of all time one solid color (I prefer black but won't even care if its gold at this point) I also think the JAGS patch is dumb and so is whatever is going on on the collar.

Not standardized because some alts are throwbacks, which normally means a different design altogether, not just a color swap

I differentiate the two. One is alt. One is throwback. All alts in the NFL are just color swaps with no additional design changes.
You may differentiate the two, but the NFL does not.. Miami's current "alt" is a throwback.. I know we use different terminology when discussing them for sake of clarification, but as NFL uniforms go, you have primary white, primary color, and 1 alt (throwback or colorswap)

If the Falcons aren't gonna get new uniforms they at least need to bring back the black pants as an option (mostly on the road) and black jerseys as an alt.

2828938399_1abc7fb130_b.jpg

michael-vick-asch.jpg

2400190-michael-vick-of-the-atlanta-falc

I remember I loved these jerseys when they first came out. Even bought a white Vick one. (I was 12 at the time) But I started liking them less when the red became the primary and they started dropping most of the black. Plus they haven't really stood the test of time.

I really like the black pants. I think they should bring them back.

I'll start by saying that I dislike the current Falcons uniforms. With that said, they're much like the Titans, Panthers, Broncos and Texans. Those jerseys were all designed with the dark as the primary, and later a bright alternate re-color was made. Everybody loved the brightly colored alternates at first. Then as they were worn more (or sometimes became the primaries), it became apparent that the darker jersey was much superior. The Titans finally look good again (relatively) because they switched back to navy at home. I prefer the Broncos in orange, but in the current uniform set, the navy jerseys are much superior. This Falcons set was much better when black was the primary.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived