Texas Stars AHL Concept

henchmeister

Hey all,

Recently I've started fiddling around with creating logo and jersey concepts in Illustrator and came up with something for the AHL's Texas Stars.

Primary Logo:

Texas_Stars.jpg

Not a fan of the present day Texas logo which is basically the old Stars logo except heavily beveled. I am, however, a fan of the old Dallas shoulder patch logo, so I took that and removed the "D" and the black from the logo and replaced all of it with gold.

Alternate logo:

Texas_Stars_Alt.jpg

Removed all the unnecessary beveling that I feel ruins the look of the current brand and added the old Stars colors for continuity.

Jerseys:

Texas_Stars_Home.jpg

Texas_Stars_Away.jpg

Currently working on an alternate, but in the meantime, any thoughts or critiques? Fire away

Pennants.jpg

I actually really like the Dallas Stars current color scheme, but the gold goes with the green so well, I still think it is a little bit better. I would shrink the star in the alternate a little bit, I think it's a bit large to read as the x in Texas.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

The Texas Stars have the best jerseys in all of minor hockey. I'm sorry, but this would be a HUGE downgrade. I mean, none of the striping matches in this set. (hem, arms and socks)

I disagree with this strongly. They're by no means the worst, but nowhere near the best. This set here would be a downgrade, mostly because it appears to be tying itself to their parent club's former brand identity but yes, the consistency throughout the uniform is a mess.

If the striping on the arms was used on both the hem and socks, and the smaller stripe was a bit thicker then this set would be better.

Thanks for the help so far. Made a couple of changes to the home and away and cleaned up the striping, removing the double stripe on the socks and the gold/white or the sleeves of the home and away respectively.

Texas_Stars_Home-1.jpg

Texas_Stars_Away-1.jpg

I also disagree that Texas currently has some of the best uniforms in the AHL. I find their inconsistency to be jarring to be honest, plus I'm not a fan of their current home set. But to each their own.

Pennants.jpg

Archived