Jean17

The FIFA Women's World Cup is coming this summer, and I decided that it should be the subject of my first design project. I tried to make reasonable tweeks that would reflect what the event could actually look like. I made designs for all the participating teams except Canada due to the unlikeliness that they'd change their Umbro kits. However, I do have a Canadian facsimile design because I'm going to also post the match-up pairings.

Here is my first design:

tumblr_njbuuusazo1un94vjo1_1280.png

It is the traditional White/Black/White & the "classical" Green/White/Green with an extra pair of black socks in case of an insufficient color clash. My design contribution is a play on the team nickname "The National Eleven". I expanded on that idea by using the bottom segment of the crest and making a "National Twenty-Three": 7 Black, 6 Red, 7 Golden Yellow with 3 florescent colors to indicate the goalkeepers. Above the names I repeated the design but replaced the crest with "DFB 23" in its place. C/C are welcome. Thank You.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The FIFA Women's World Cup is coming this summer, and I decided that it should be the subject of my first design project. I tried to make reasonable tweeks that would reflect what the event could actually look like. I made designs for all the participating teams except Canada due to the unlikeliness that they'd change their Umbro kits. However, I do have a Canadian facsimile design because I'm going to also post the match-up pairings.

Here is my first design:

tumblr_njbuuusazo1un94vjo1_1280.png

It is the traditional White/Black/White & the "classical" Green/White/Green with an extra pair of black socks in case of an insufficient color clash. My design contribution is a play on the team nickname "The National Eleven". I expanded on that idea by using the bottom segment of the crest and making a "National Twenty-Three": 7 Black, 6 Red, 7 Golden Yellow with 3 florescent colors to indicate the goalkeepers. Above the names I repeated the design but replaced the crest with "DFB 23" in its place. C/C are welcome. Thank You.

Do you have a blank ms paint template for a project WAAAAAAY down the line.

Awesome job btw

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

the national 23 thing is a cool idea but it doesn't work visually here.

Seconded. It's an awesome idea but in current format I'm not sold on it, and I'm not sure if fans would be sold either. Beyond that, it's a nice concept. I assume that you would have a choice between black and white socks for the home? For the away, while the green is nice and all, it doesn't exactly scream 'Germany' to me. Granted, they had a green away for a couple of years recently, but I wasn't much of a fan of those either. It'd be nice to see some red or black or yellow in there, truth be told. I know it's kinda taking the easy way out to just use the flag's colors, but with Germany I think that it's appropriate to use those colors and save the non-flag colors for teams like the Netherlands and Australia et al. Beyond that, it looks good. Keep up the good work!

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Here is my first design:

I have to agree that the 23 thing on the crest on the front is too much and is visually distracting. I think it is a great idea though and should be kept on the back of the shirts.

Other than that, everything looks OK. You have a space on the sleeves where the stripes stop for a short gap. This is usually used for a tournament logo, so you could put a world cup patch in their if you wanted to. It would look realistic.

For the away, while the green is nice and all, it doesn't exactly scream 'Germany' to me.

Is this some kind of sick joke? If I am not mistaken, every Germany away kit from the mid 1950s - 2000 was green. It's almost as synonymous as blue is with Italy's sporting teams.

beckenbauer_libero.jpg

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

You have a space on the sleeves where the stripes stop for a short gap. This is usually used for a tournament logo, so you could put a world cup patch in their if you wanted to.

Kudos marble21 for spotting that detail. This my first design project, so I'm not technically adept; therefore patchwork, central designs on the socks, etc. are on the back burner. After my first cycle through, I might try add patches and bands.

biscuit faces of them- I'll see what I can do. Not a tech savvy person, but a blank template from Inkscape to MS Paint shouldn't be that daunting.

the national 23 thing is a cool idea but it doesn't work visually here

jaker52- What doesn't work for you specifically? What would you add/subtract?

tumblr_njcv55DUjQ1un94vjo1_1280.png

According to FIFA regulations, all federations are only required to reserve 15% of their budgets to women's programs. Therefore, I see Cote D'Ivoire, and other poorer nations, not going hog-wild on jersey design. My personal touch is a slight modification of the Cote D'Ivoire crest. I changed the ball design (wait for Switzerland) and got rid of the redundant "FIF" initials. I replaced them with establishment year of 1960. The white kit isn't so much about the FIF as much it is about Puma. I think my cross-hatch design would nice basis for Puma template. The three lines may be seem "Adidas", but I think these rounded thin lines give enough differentiation.

You have a space on the sleeves where the stripes stop for a short gap. This is usually used for a tournament logo, so you could put a world cup patch in their if you wanted to.

Kudos marble21 for spotting that detail. This my first design project, so I'm not technically adept; therefore patchwork, central designs on the socks, etc. are on the back burner. After my first cycle through, I might try add patches and bands.

biscuit faces of them- I'll see what I can do. Not a tech savvy person, but a blank template from Inkscape to MS Paint shouldn't be that daunting.

Thanks. Take your time no rush

the national 23 thing is a cool idea but it doesn't work visually here

jaker52- What doesn't work for you specifically? What would you add/subtract?

28ahpn4.jpg

tumblr_njdk5u7Y1B1un94vjo1_1280.png

First off, I brought back the hoops. It was best shirt the USSF ever had. Second, I changed the crest. I kept the shield, but added new details:

• Blue Field & Horizontal Stripes- Imitating the Flag
  • 50-Star "Great Star" Pattern - It is an underused American symbol and a star display so over the top, it will not be confused for World Cup wins like the current three-star display.
  • I repeated the "Great Star" pattern above the player names, then affixed America's motto: "E Pluribus Unum" right under it.
  • A Telstar soccer ball. It was my first design I made from scratch and I decided that horizontal stripes needed something to "anchor" it.

Third, I have added white socks and shorts as auxiliaries. Navy shorts and socks are for both shirts, but just in case of an insufficient clash (Australia & Nigeria) you have white in reserve.

tumblr_njdk5u7Y1B1un94vjo1_1280.png

First off, I brought back the hoops. It was best shirt the USSF ever had. Second, I changed the crest. I kept the shield, but added new details:

• Blue Field & Horizontal Stripes- Imitating the Flag
  • 50-Star "Great Star" Pattern - It is an underused American symbol and a star display so over the top, it will not be confused for World Cup wins like the current three-star display.
  • I repeated the "Great Star" pattern above the player names, then affixed America's motto: "E Pluribus Unum" right under it.
  • A Telstar soccer ball. It was my first design I made from scratch and I decided that horizontal stripes needed something to "anchor" it.

Third, I have added white socks and shorts as auxiliaries. Navy shorts and socks are for both shirts, but just in case of an insufficient clash (Australia & Nigeria) you have white in reserve.

WOW. Just Wow. Awesome job. SEND THIS TO FIFA

28ahpn4.jpg

I really dig the USA one, it looks great, everything about it from the thought process to the presentation. Truly one of the best I've seen. I'll be honest with you, since the minute you posted this concept I've been following it, I didn't like the Germany jerseys, as a German fan I appreciate the Green away, but the whole design seems choppy and needs reworking. As for Ivory Coast I like the away a lot, women's jerseys need some style and you hit well with the striped look, continuing it with the font.

It seems like your work gets better and better by every new jersey release.

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

I love everything but the crest

I like the way the 50 stars are used to make one, and it actually the whole thought process to it is stunning, but it does look like (from far away), the star is made up of dots. It needs refining.

Forgot to mention, very smart font you used.

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

Change the shorts on the USA away to white and you're in great shape.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived