Jean17

It seems like your work gets better and better by every new jersey release.

Thecargeek- I finished this series two weeks ago, and nerves/procrastination/ignorance is why they are being released now. My first complete uniform is the England change. The sequence to these releases are based on rankings: GER highest, CIV lowest, USA second highest, etc. There's been problem with my tumblr page so there may be a delay with the next four.

WOW. Just Wow. Awesome job. SEND THIS TO FIFA

Maybe, biscuits of them, but I fear they might want be to change the primary all-hoops.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tumblr_njdzdepzGx1un94vjo1_1280.png

What does it mean to be an indomitable lioness? Well certainly, it is certainly not the same as indomitable lion. Male lions are kind of the domestic divas in the animal world while lionesses are the cold-hearted corporate hunters. So I decided to do an about-face with the mascot logo.The UNAM-esque lioness is Johnny Unitas to the Joe Namath of the men's lion. Due to budget constraints and a notoriously shady organization, they'll most likely wear borrowed men uniforms, but I think this would be a nifty way to set their own identity.

tumblr_njdk5u7Y1B1un94vjo1_1280.png

First off, I brought back the hoops. It was best shirt the USSF ever had. Second, I changed the crest. I kept the shield, but added new details:

• Blue Field & Horizontal Stripes- Imitating the Flag
  • 50-Star "Great Star" Pattern - It is an underused American symbol and a star display so over the top, it will not be confused for World Cup wins like the current three-star display.
  • I repeated the "Great Star" pattern above the player names, then affixed America's motto: "E Pluribus Unum" right under it.
  • A Telstar soccer ball. It was my first design I made from scratch and I decided that horizontal stripes needed something to "anchor" it.

Third, I have added white socks and shorts as auxiliaries. Navy shorts and socks are for both shirts, but just in case of an insufficient clash (Australia & Nigeria) you have white in reserve.

WOW. Just Wow. Awesome job. SEND THIS TO FIFA

I seriously doubt the players would stand for this. Horizontal stripes aren't exactly slimming.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

tumblr_njf36iCOu11un94vjo1_1280.png

With France, I decided to go back to basics and lightened colors from their Men's World Cup campaign. The primary are the colors of the French tricolor. The change, however, is the prime example of theme I have with the Nike teams: Connection to Canada. The "Kansas" font I used with the USA was subtle salute to Canadian-American James Naismith. France is given abstract salute to notably Franco-phonic Canadian province of Quebec. I combined the quadrant style of the Quebec flag and platinum-ized a French royal flag to form this harlequin football shirt.

The Home is fairly well, after Adidas has done crazy deigns I understand why people might shift towards classiness. So I don't have any problem with it.

But I always like to see more wild stuff and that's what you did with the away. I do have a slight issue, I like the idea of you connecting France with Canada, but I'm not too sure that French or the Quebeckers would like to see Quebec's fleur de lis since this is distinct to them and they aren't so alike or related in a way.

I still enjoy what you did and if you want to keep it I suggest you make the left and right cut to each other half way, since the left side (to our point of view) on the front of the jersey is way higher than the right side. Also don't bring the design to the sleeves. Then another issue is trying to cop that design with the numbering which I think will be difficult, so what I think you should do is have the dosing on the sleeves only, or also on the side chest.

I like the socks on both jerseys, and your ideas are well put, good job, keep them coming.

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

Hmm. The explanation for the use of the fleur-de-lys seems very odd. Quebec used to be a French colony, so obviously it makes sense that the French national team would wear Quebec's symbol. Just like England should go with a stars and stripes look to honor the United States.

I recognize that the fleur-de-lys is a French symbol, but my understanding is that it was a sign of royalty, and the French revolutionaries weren't too happy about it and tried to get rid of it as much as they could. The French Revolution happened over 200 years, but they still value their ideals of Liberty, Equality, and Fraternity. I think I remember hearing that the rooster they use in their crest goes back to the leaders of the Revolution, so the rooster and fleur-de-lys are a very odd pairing.

award%20sig.png

tumblr_njfwpawhRv1un94vjo1_1280.png

Ecuador is just a subtle pluperfecting of an established Marathon template. I just added a red segment to a “winged” front frame that echoes the Andean condor that is part of their flag and team crest.

tumblr_njfwtbR1nS1un94vjo1_1280.png

The inspiration for these uniforms were Homare Sawa’s outstanding kimono at the 2011 Balon D’Or and the Japanese championship run at the 2011 Women’s World Cup.

The kimono’s influence:

Overlapping V-neckline

Origami-style Real Madrid font (Which all the Adidas teams are wearing in honor of the defending champions)

Konjo-iroi Iromuji Primary

Shiroi Homongi Change

The team influence is exemplified by the details of the change:

The Nickname: Nadeshiko petals in Tokiha-iro & Arazome which are transformed into a pseudo-sash that floats up from the back and fall along the neckline in the front- as if swept up by gust of wind.

Wabi-Sabi: The petals are imperfect yet beautiful much like their run to the championship- Maruyama’s game winning goal from a near impossible angle vs. Germany, Kawasumi’s diving header attempt that end up a foot tap under keeper vs. Sweden, the Sawa nodding header of a rebound vs. Sweden, the Kawasumi rainbow after a poor clearance vs. Sweden , Miyama’s alert reaction to a poor clearance vs. the USA, Sawa’s flick-kick to send the game to penalties vs. the USA, and Sakaguchi’s low strike that skipped past Solo in penalties before Kumagai sealed the deal.

tumblr_njfwvmpUWr1un94vjo1_1280.png

With Costa Rica , I went to the Lotto website to get a gauge as to what their overall style was. I was looking for a jersey reminiscent of the "Juventus" jerseys of 1990, but the ideal Costa Rica look caught the side of my eye. It is Lotto template called “Provenza” and the way it heavily suggests the Costa Rican flag on the primary reds made it the obvious choice.

I do have a slight issue, I like the idea of you connecting France with Canada, but I'm not too sure that French or the Quebeckers would like to see Quebec's fleur de lis since this is distinct to them and they aren't so alike or related in a way.

thecargeek- Actually, the fleur-de-lis is the French one. Quebec is represented by the quadrant look. I eliminated the white cross because it reminded me too much of the cross of St. George- England's symbol. However, davemiller5 raised a great point...

I think I remember hearing that the rooster they use in their crest goes back to the leaders of the Revolution, so the rooster and fleur-de-lys are a very odd pairing.

davemiller- I have no problem being enigmatic (which my design for China fits), but this idealistic clash may be a step too far. Do you have any suggestions for a better symbol?

Hmm. The explanation for the use of the fleur-de-lys seems very odd. Quebec used to be a French colony, so obviously it makes sense that the French national team would wear Quebec's symbol. Just like England should go with a stars and stripes look to honor the United States.

davemiller5- It is not unprecedented for another country to show their respects to the host country through their uniforms. US Track & Field wore red jerseys on their final day of competition in honor of host China in 2008. Soccer has two of the most famous ones in with Costa Rica in 1990 and the now iconic Germany in 2014. My design isn't that explicit. The only thing that's Quebec is the quadrant. The shade of blue and the fleur-de-lis are France's. However, you do make a great point about the rooster and the flower.

Only problem is the blue Ecuador set needs more red or else they will look like Sweden. That could be a possible round of 16 match too

Well, Sweden is next. So may be you can see what can be done if that scenario arrives.

Thank you, for you response. I would love to receive more. One note: I forgot that Nigeria was dropped by Adidas and they were scheduled after Sweden. Therefore, I'll hold off on those until they have a deal. Next up Sweden and England.

tumblr_njk8y7U9q51un94vjo1_1280.png

The Tre Kronor- the best part of the hockey team uniforms makes a more relatively prominent role in football shirt by being placed above the player name. Yet the most important part of this kit set is ever-presence of Swedish Azure as the secondary color on the primary and a tertiary color on the change.

I do have a slight issue, I like the idea of you connecting France with Canada, but I'm not too sure that French or the Quebeckers would like to see Quebec's fleur de lis since this is distinct to them and they aren't so alike or related in a way.

thecargeek- Actually, the fleur-de-lis is the French one. Quebec is represented by the quadrant look. I eliminated the white cross because it reminded me too much of the cross of St. George- England's symbol. However, davemiller5 raised a great point...

I think I remember hearing that the rooster they use in their crest goes back to the leaders of the Revolution, so the rooster and fleur-de-lys are a very odd pairing.

davemiller- I have no problem being enigmatic (which my design for China fits), but this idealistic clash may be a step too far. Do you have any suggestions for a better symbol?

I don't have a large knowledge of French symbology, but you could maybe incorporate some object used in their current emblem (coat of arms). You could also maybe use the Gallic rooster used on their crest.

award%20sig.png

tumblr_njo76f35mD1un94vjo1_1280.png

England and Norway were my main inspirations for the Connection to Canada theme for the Nike teams. England has an easy connection- the same Head of State. Hence, the royal cypher is affixed above the player name in all the shirts. Other features:

• Opposing Peter Pan collars
  • The Primary combines the 1990 color scheme with 2010 font
  • "Beefeater" inspired Change
  • Red Third Kit (In case of final appearance)

Sweden does look very nice. It actually will work with Ecuador if they were to match up. Good work! They both keep their identities.... As for England, I would say the red should be the dark and the blue shouldn't be used. Just a personal idea, I think the third uniform is a strange idea since the most games a team will play is 7

tumblr_njmzi9mIpw1un94vjo1_1280.png

The War Elephant is a modification of white elephant on their naval ensign. The current logo just lacks presence. The primary combines the beautiful sublimated pattern of their current shirt with old team colors blue & yellow. The change reverses the colors, but keeps a single sublimated as a Boca Juniors-eque stripe.

Archived