Jean17

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like them a lot, what you've been releasing have been looking great, I like the thailand but the home looks a bit like the World Cup Brazil away, hopefully you didn't mean to do that.

Brazil didn't factor in my thought process. Thailand changed their primary to red two years ago- which makes them a cliche' in the Far East. I wanted them to standout by returning them to blue and yellow.

If you check out GrandSport's work, they LOVE sublimation or gradients. Note, I didn't use "and"; they show good restraint. The look is basically their goalkeeper shirts. Their actual shirts, seems like they were putting their own spin on France.

Coincidentally, Brazil is next up.

My only question, why go with blue for England, when their colours are red and white? I know there is a blue accent on the crest, but to make it the clash?

England has never been the model of consistency, but white/navy/white are typically their colours followed by all-white with navy accents. Red/white/red have typically been the change but it wasn't consistently in the rotation until 1998. You might believe that the team colours are red & white with blue accents because that was the scheme from 2010 World Cup until just before WC 2014, but that was an exception. Even 2014, they used the wrong shade of blue going royal instead of navy.

All blue isn't unprecedented for England, but it usually light blue over navy. It was their "summer" change because they didn't want a heavy color for hot climates like in Mexico in 1986. I went all navy because I wanted imitate this look:

640px-Yeoman.warder.toweroflondon.arp.jp

My only question, why go with blue for England, when their colours are red and white? I know there is a blue accent on the crest, but to make it the clash?

England has never been the model of consistency, but white/navy/white are typically their colours followed by all-white with navy accents. Red/white/red have typically been the change but it wasn't consistently in the rotation until 1998. You might believe that the team colours are red & white with blue accents because that was the scheme from 2010 World Cup until just before WC 2014, but that was an exception. Even 2014, they used the wrong shade of blue going royal instead of navy.

All blue isn't unprecedented for England, but it usually light blue over navy. It was their "summer" change because they didn't want a heavy color for hot climates like in Mexico in 1986. I went all navy because I wanted imitate this look:

I found the stig's no helmet couisin.

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

Ahh, okay

Yeah, most of what i watch from England is rugby, in which they're red and white, and i was going off the red and white flag of england

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

tumblr_njmz4oxCIG1un94vjo1_1280.png

It may be considered a taboo, but I don’t care for the white socks in Brazil’s iconic look. My belief is that green socks (with yellow accents) are a more ideal look because it echos the flag: a green base, a yellow facade with a blue and white insert. The white socks are only in the mix because of FIFA regulations.

tumblr_njn0mquOAA1un94vjo1_1280.png

It is possibly a hard sell now, but orange is not foreign to Colombia visual identity. Since Ecuador is more connected to the tricolor identity, why not return Colombia to orange (paired with navy) to form a distinct look among their CONMEBOL rivals.

tumblr_njn09s9XO71un94vjo1_1280.png

In continuation of my Connection to Canada theme, Australia’s link to its Commonwealth sister nation is a football code. Remember, football is just a generic term for any sport not played on horseback, it not to be taken literally. In Canada, their football code leans to toward America’s. While Victorian football, now known as Australian football, is melange of Rugby and Association codes.

Colombia: needs red socks on the gold uniform. Australia: switch the shorts, and drop the solid blue socks. Make the ones with the stripes the permanent ones for the blue uniform. And the sash on the back of Australia, just on the top left needs work. I'd say have it cut off on a straight line across, like it is on the bottom. Very good job nonetheless. I applaud the work!

tumblr_njqy1hVRuD1un94vjo1_1280.png

They will always be El Tri! The Mexico primary continues with the tradition of the tricolor kit with a simple presentation. The change plays with the nickname with opposing colors on each shoulder and the bi-color sash that imitates the Mexican presidential sash. Also featured, the logo of the 1970 World Cup above the player name.

I really like what you did with the Mexico away, but having ones sided coloured stripes looks odd to me. Also if you do it to the shirt do it to the shorts. Or just do it from top to bottom.

Other than that I can't complain about the last three they look clean and simple.

By the way love the information and thought put into the designs.

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

tumblr_njy5ritf971un94vjo1_1280.png

With the Dutch, I am big fan of when they go orange and white rather than orange and black. I am also a fan that brought blue back into fold with the last World Cup. So, my ideas are just tweaks:

White socks because the red of national flag doesn’t show up against the orange

A tonal contrast so the KNVB’s shield can be displayed

Two white shorts for each color

tumblr_njy5ritf971un94vjo1_1280.png

With the Dutch, I am big fan of when they go orange and white rather than orange and black. I am also a fan that brought blue back into fold with the last World Cup. So, my ideas are just tweaks:

White socks because the red of national flag doesnt show up against the orange

A tonal contrast so the KNVBs shield can be displayed

Two white shorts for each color

Dale Jr esque

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

tumblr_njza9qnDuU1un94vjo1_1280.png

It’s Switzerland, so the influence is pretty obvious. Yet like many an infomercial: Wait! There’s more! I decided to redo the crest. At the center of my tweak, is recreation of the Swiss World Champion ball which was used in the 1954 World Cup. On the sides is my failed attempt to recreate the drawing of the bear in which the capital city, Bern, was named after. Finally, the font, Bauhaus 93, is used to solidify their current custom calligraphy while retaining original’s playfulness.

You may be wondering why all the Puma has the same jersey font. Well, Cameroon, Cote D’Ivoire, and Switzerland happen to be Francophonic nations. Therefore, I felt a "Tribande" font works as an allusion to the French Tricouleur.

tumblr_njzab184p91un94vjo1_1280.png

Vinland was the first European settlement in North America in area now known as Newfoundland, Canada. This Connection to Canada is basis of my Viking themed primary:

• Red & White vertical stripes, the pattern most associated with Viking ship sails, are the design of the shirt and the tops of both socks.
  • The font Nike made for the NFL’s Minnesota Vikings are used for the name and numbers since Norway has recently partnered with the sports apparel company

As a final touch, a grasshoper inside the ball of the former NFF logo is affixed above the player name on both shirts. It is an allusion to the team nickname- “Gresshoppene”.

Archived