Jean17

I love the different shorts for the Netherlands. Also, the white shorts do look a lot nicer than black. As for Switzerland, it seems plain but it's different as opposed to the other teams. Plus I like the inverted colors though. And Norway: why is this not their current set.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tumblr_njzahmvzsH1un94vjo1_r1_1280.png

When I started with China I knew I wanted 3 things: #8, roses, dragon(s). This the result:

• An Octagon alluding to Chinese symbol- the Bagua
  • Tilted the Bagua to look like a Compass Rose
  • Repeated, Shrank & Tilted 8x w/ Borders darkened to look the folds of a rose to allude to team nickname “Steel Roses”
  • Used the Chinese mythological creature, Huanglong, as the central image of the crest (Huanglong is why the team’s primary uniform is now yellow)
  • Recreated a dragon from The Nine Dragon Wall in Beihai Park, Beijing b/c it looks it is making a glancing header
  • Put the association initials and mascot name on the top and bottom of the dragon respectively

I really like the all-black primary for New Zealand. I think back shorts would look better on the all-white kit, but still have the white shorts for FIFA regulations

I love both of China's kits, especially tge yellow one, and I'm usually not a big fan of all-yellow.

tumblr_nk5r2e8eDu1un94vjo1_1280.png

tumblr_nk5r2e8eDu1un94vjo2_1280.png

Nigerian football (on the male half) have been in free-fall. Therefore, Adidas decided not to continue their sponsorship. It has been reported that in May, Nigeria will decide who will be their kit sponsor. Puma will likely win the bid. Yet Nike has a chance. So here is my offering on what they might do with Nigeria with about 2 month notice.

Nike: The away kit is a stock model in the team colors. The primary is just a flirtation with tones and gradients.

Puma: It will be a safe initial effort. World Cup Qualifications and the World Cup (?) will be their target years. So a simple primary and I used my Puma template as the change.

I like some of the designs, but I do agree the template is hurting the designs.

Do you have redesign the crests for some of the teams, can't you use the logs they have. You used Norway's, Ivory coast's, and new zealand's actual logos, but then you changed some of the other like USA, Austrailia, and China in which you made them worse.

I really like the font for the puma jerseys, you should post it.

tumblr_njzlql3YBs1un94vjo1_1280.png

With South Korea, I decided to bring back their best look, the twisted sash change they introduced in 2012. However, I changed their color scheme in honor of their underrated national symbol- the Sam Saeg-ui Taegeuk. With the yellow representing “humanity” I believe it is symbol that befits soccer because self-acceptance provides the right perspective for a sport wrought with fallibility.

I really like it. Just one question- why do you repeat fonts, and sometimes use generic fonts? Conrad. has a lot of great fonts that would benefit this design. Overall, noce job. I love them, keep it up.

tinysig.jpg

Just one question- why do you repeat fonts, and sometimes use generic fonts? Conrad. has a lot of great fonts that would benefit this design.

Jake3.roo- I'm trying to toe the line between "fantasy" and "reality". Adidas & Puma usually stick to a featured font with the World Cups. Nike puts the effort to be unique. With South Korea, I chose that font because I love how the #8 went with twisted sash.

I really like the all-black primary for New Zealand. I think back shorts would look better on the all-white kit, but still have the white shorts for FIFA regulations

atwarren44- All-Black, All-White, and All-Silver is New Zealand's signature look, so I won't be messing with that. However, I could add some kind of design to their clean look, so there might be a revision to that jersey.

Do you have redesign the crests for some of the teams, can't you use the logs they have. You used Norway's, Ivory coast's, and new zealand's actual logos, but then you changed some of the other like USA, Austrailia, and China in which you made them worse.

wgedded122- I'm using Inkscape so I can only work with SVGs. JPGs and GIFs I have to trace, and PNGs won't work at all. I couldn't find SVGs for:

• China
  • Sweden
  • Ivory Coast
  • Norway (That's technically their association logo not their crest)
  • Spain
  • France
  • Cameroon
  • Netherlands
  • Australia
  • Costa Rica

I stand by my redesigns of USA and China. I concede that my execution could get better, but I think the ideas I convey are better than what they have now- especially the USA. Australia is trickier since I'm using the "cropped" coat of arms as opposed to the modification that Australia uses. I find with Australia that I really don't like "Australia" written under the coat of arms. So I used the association initials. I feel that Australia is too recognizable as a sports power that the full name is gratuitous. Thailand, on the other hand, probably needs it.

Thank you for all the views, comments, and criticisms. Keep them coming. Spain is next and I've decided to take a crack at Canada after all. This is my Tumblr page. There are more links that relate to my design influences so you can get a clearer picture of what I am trying to communicate with these uniforms.

I very much appreciate how much thought you are putting into these designs. With time and practice your execution will improve but the ideas and concepts (gasp) that you have are high quality.

I really have nothing to complain about although one thing I did notice, was with the Netherlands. I think if you are trying to be realistic, they need clash pair of shorts since both are mostly white. The white does look very nice with both kits, though.

I love the Puma kits for Nigeria, but I loathe the font. In a perfect world, I would put the Nike numbers on the Puma kit.

Looking forward to the rest of your work!

tumblr_njzlw0nlCN1un94vjo1_1280.png

Spain updates an Adidas template displayed during the 1994 World Cup. I narrowed the triple broad diamond design and used it to frame the team crest. On the primary, the design is sublimated. The change lets the design stand out as it did before. I repeated and shrank the design above the player name. This would be a great design for Adidas to use as a refreshed template.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, again. I'm going to post more on this page later this week. It will focus on the matchups and I will add some modifications to my orginal designs. In the meantime, I have another project that will debut sometime tonight.

Archived