NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

Are the Clippers getting new uniforms as well or just logo change?

Isn't there a rule that says a logo has to be in place x number of years before a change? Isn't that why the Wizards and Hawks technically haven't changed primary logos yet?

I thought it was because the NBA requires teams to pay a ridicules sum of money to change the primary. Money that could be used for other things.

Define "ridiculous sum"? You'd imagine the NBA would want teams like the Wizards to escape from their hideous old logo.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The length to which the Bucks organization has been pushing lime green and the retro logo locally is nothing short of massive. I really think we're giving this green-blue-cream thing more attention than it's worth, especially when that same thread had another "insider" (or possibly the same one) claim the new colors were going to be blue, silver, and cream.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new logo altogether, but if lime green isn't part of the new scheme, I'll eat my hat.

You're 100% right. From their website, to the tv commercials, to the team promoitions...there is heavy use of the old hunter green and lime green as well as the retro logo. They are also now doing more Milwaukee originals nights since they were so popular last year. There is also very minimal use of red in any of their advertising anymore as well. Hopefully they do the right thing, but with this new ownership, you never know what they are thinking...these guys have been very tight lipped.

2014_2015_mke_originals.jpg?itok=iptyHU1

Please, please, PLEASE give us a re-brand with hunter and lime green for 2015/16!!

Jaguars

I think the only thing that the Bucks need to do when it comes to their color scheme is replace silver with wheat, a la the Minnesota Wild. However, I do think they need to update the buck if they're going to keep him round.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Unpopular opinion, apparently. But I see nothing wrong at all with any of the Bucks' current logos and uniforms. Okay, the logo isn't the best logo ever, but I don't think it needs to change and I do like it. I really like the uniforms. Out of all the newer uniforms that have come out, they rank somewhere at the very top with the Nets and the Cavs.

I'd be happy with the black, green and gold that was posted for the Bucks new color scheme. I'm not real sure how the blue would work with that. I just hope they get rid of the red and stay away from the Irish Rainbow and the two tone green uniforms people have posted on here in the past.

The length to which the Bucks organization has been pushing lime green and the retro logo locally is nothing short of massive. I really think we're giving this green-blue-cream thing more attention than it's worth, especially when that same thread had another "insider" (or possibly the same one) claim the new colors were going to be blue, silver, and cream.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new logo altogether, but if lime green isn't part of the new scheme, I'll eat my hat.

You're 100% right. From their website, to the tv commercials, to the team promoitions...there is heavy use of the old hunter green and lime green as well as the retro logo. They are also now doing more Milwaukee originals nights since they were so popular last year. There is also very minimal use of red in any of their advertising anymore as well. Hopefully they do the right thing, but with this new ownership, you never know what they are thinking...these guys have been very tight lipped.

2014_2015_mke_originals.jpg?itok=iptyHU1

Please, please, PLEASE give us a re-brand with hunter and lime green for 2015/16!!
Cosign times 100!!
shado_logo.gif

Isn't there a rule that says a logo has to be in place x number of years before a change? Isn't that why the Wizards and Hawks technically haven't changed primary logos yet?

I thought it was because the NBA requires teams to pay a ridicules sum of money to change the primary. Money that could be used for other things.

Define "ridiculous sum"? You'd imagine the NBA would want teams like the Wizards to escape from their hideous old logo.

$500,000 IIRC?

But, I doubt the change rules apply for the Clippers since their last change was a tweak more than anything.

There's a dude on the Bucks RealGM forum claiming to have seen the new design. He sketched out this :: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1371141&start=660#start_here

And described the colors here :: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1371141&start=780#start_here

Anyone with skill care to mock something up?

Here's the color scheme that was outlined, it's been deleted from the post.

24y66aq.png

That's... odd. The green, blue, and black would be alright together, but the gold doesn't fit at all.

8bVWNl7.png.df4b40fc8bee1fb7b4442d7fc55c

$500,000 IIRC?

But, I doubt the change rules apply for the Clippers since their last change was a tweak more than anything.

Hmm, $500,000 seems like it would be pocket change for a logo. Teams waive millions of dollars each year just to get rid of players. Maybe there's a hard rule we don't know about.

Milwaukee Bucks 1987-1988 uniforms

16496431505_4aa9a993d0_b.jpg

From Kodrinsky's uniform database. All Milwaukee got to do is update these uniforms just a tad. And voila. They can try to play with the color scheme to incorporate gold/purple maybe blue.. but THIS SHOULD BE THE TEMPLATE!

It really is as simple as updating these. I've wondered what something like that might look like if they used dark green and lime as the primary colors and purple as only a trim color.

Archived