NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the regulars where my friend bartends sells merch at the Bradley Center. Yesterday, they apparently stocked a shirt with the one of the Bucks' new logos. No word on whether or not it's the primary, but here's what they described:

-Roundel featuring a Buck that looks similar to the current one, but "angrier."

-Green & Cream... no other colors.

-Reminded them of something a microbrewery would use.

They also said they didn't personally care for the logo, but didn't think it was bad.

Legit - kudos to illwauk.

I'm kind of interested to see how this logo looks in ESPN's 3D graphics...if the Bucks are ever on ESPN.

Wish it had lime green somewhere in the logo, although red would have worked really well too (Minnesota Wild-ish).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

As I said in the other thread, I'm really, really digging the new buck. I think that's a fantastic upgrade. Much cleaner, and he doesn't look like he's in the headlights anymore. That text box thing in the roundel though....eesh. Just gives the roundel a weird awkward imbalance of some sort.

As for the colors, I've mentioned here that I prefer Irish Rainbow first, Pine-Purple-Black second. That said, if it turns out to be just green and cream, it can totally work. The Wild's green and cream/wheat(?) sweater is an absolute beauty. If Milwaukee goes that kind of route with it, I think it'll look really good. It's a very good "outdoorsy" color scheme. Sure there may be some even better outdoorsy schemes out there (*points at Manitoba Moose*), but if that's the kind of feel they may be going for, green and cream totally fits just fine and can be made to really work.

Also, we don't know quite yet if there's any other colors involved. There very well may be, just in use elsewhere. I'm looking forwards to seeing how it all plays out.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

^ we know, lol.

to that end, i wish the bottom lines of the neck matched the rounded curve of the whole roundel. the abrupt end is a bit jarring for me.

also, could they not have done something a little more interesting with the typeface? seems bland...

Also, is it just me, or is the "B" on Bucks really weird? It's like the perspective is wrong.

Possible leak?

44DMuco.jpg

I really like this. I think some people are being too nitpicky.

One thing I know from my time on these boards is, if you get a resounding "Not bad" from sportslogos.net, you did a good job haha.

I agree...Love it! so far big upgrade. It's too early for me to judge regarding the font its good with me. Give it a day or too and people will warm up to it.

Edit:2nd thought the font looks like the previous font;lowercased and also less stylized/2 dimensional.

jason-kidd-nba-milwaukee-bucks-washingto

shado_logo.gif

I'm not really a fan of the way the circle stops and the antlers. Might just be the application.

The angles of the bottom of the buck should allow it to match the shape of the diamond at center court better.

I'm not a fan of this AT ALL.

Downgrade.

Don't know if you've already mentioned it in another thread - was this the upcoming rebranding that you absolutely hated? Or is there another that's subpar?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I agree with ColorWerx. I like the colours, but I don't see anything in this logo. I don't like the whole composition of it. I don't like the font, the green background behind it which stops in the middle of the circle, the two green outlines and the huge antlers. The only thing I like is the face and the M-shaped neck.

@Shadowjocker: The current Bucks logo also looks a lot like Jägermeister.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I agree with ColorWerx. I like the colours, but I don't see anything in this logo. I don't like the whole composition of it. I don't like the font, the green background behind it which stops in the middle of the circle, the two green outlines and the huge antlers. The only thing I like is the face and the M-shaped neck.

@Shadojoker: The current Bucks logo also looks a lot like Jägermeister.

Yeah i knew that Berlin but this logo is more rounded.
shado_logo.gif

Archived