NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somewhat surprised they didn't put "TORONTO" on any of the jerseys, especially with how they have played up Toronto with their marketing.

I think the "TO" in the shorts stands out enough for everyone to know The Six.

But yeah, I agree, one of the unis should have "TORONTO" on it. I suggest it should be on the red jerseys.

They haven't worn "Toronto" on the road jerseys since 2003. They think that identifying with just Toronto will harm their efforts to be "Canada's team."

It's stupid, but that's their reasoning.

Wrong. I feel like as a Toronto fan, presumably, you should know this.

Kyle-Lowry-Wallpaper-8-500x281.jpg?times

They haven't worn "Toronto" on the road jerseys since 2003. They think that identifying with just Toronto will harm their efforts to be "Canada's team."

Make sure your link works if you're going to tell someone they're wrong.

This Raptors rebrand is just "meh".

The "Drake Alternate" is actually my favorite jersey of the bunch since I like the black and gold color scheme (I wish Stern would have let the Pelicans use that color scheme).

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Yeah this rebrand is extremely underwhelming. Not having Totonto on any jersey is unfortunate. The "We the..." branding is nooooot great, either. I would have rather them put more emphasis on gold than black or gold than red. Something to differentiate themselves a little bit more. The fonts not matching is a big problem, and not matching the stroke pattern between numbers and letters looks half done. Losing the old secondary logo of the raptor claws coming out of the ball really sucks.

Overall, its a serviceable uniform. Some decent sized errors. Nothing too egregious. A lateral change... maybe a slight downgrade.

Also, is there any meaning behind the chevrons?

Dennis Schroder of the Hawks is on the cover of NBA 2K16 in Germany in a throwback jersey.

kRTF8Ti.jpg

I was gonna say this the first time a throwback was on the cover to a game, but then I remembered this unfortunate POS game...

1lFU43j.jpg

Those Hawks' unis blow away anything they've had since.

Dennis Schroder of the Hawks is on the cover of NBA 2K16 in Germany in a throwback jersey.

kRTF8Ti.jpg

joe-johnson.jpg

I dunno, this was a very good set IMO.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Make sure your link works if you're going to tell someone they're wrong.

strange. it worked after I posted it. let's try again

derozan_demar640.jpg

kRTF8Ti.jpg

I was gonna say this the first time a throwback was on the cover to a game, but then I remembered this unfortunate POS game...

1lFU43j.jpg

Red & Yellow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Red & Lime Green

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Archived