NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

Sacramento Kings@SacramentoKings 9h9 hours ago

Get ready to rock the baby blues this season. Pre-order yours now » http://spr.ly/6015BHywd

CM-zD9jWcAE7HvK.jpg

I really like the light blue and red. However, wish the Kings would stick with their normal colors. They actually have a unique pallet in the NBA and the big 3 sports. So it would be nice for them to maintain the look and do generation/uniform mash up.

They don't even have a unique color palette for their name, let alone across sports.

EDIT: I see that you purposely dropped a sport (Big 3?) as to avoid the LA Kings.

I think he was saying the NBA and the other big 3 sports. Nonetheless, it still isn't that unique.

spacer.png

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at the 50 sec mark on the video, the bulls are using their script from their primary logo on the baselines

1:19 the suns got a new center court logo

Bulls also have red paint with black lines...no longer the white lines.

Sorta closer to the 2nd one (concepts below but still same hardwood)

CHICAGOBULLS2013CONCEPTCOURT_zpsece3e913

shado_logo.gif

Sacramento Kings@SacramentoKings 9h9 hours ago

Get ready to rock the baby blues this season. Pre-order yours now » http://spr.ly/6015BHywd

CM-zD9jWcAE7HvK.jpg

I really like the light blue and red. However, wish the Kings would stick with their normal colors. They actually have a unique pallet in the NBA and the big 3 sports. So it would be nice for them to maintain the look and do generation/uniform mash up.

They don't even have a unique color palette for their name, let alone across sports.

EDIT: I see that you purposely dropped a sport (Big 3?) as to avoid the LA Kings.

I think he was saying the NBA and the other big 3 sports. Nonetheless, it still isn't that unique.

I say big 3 because I don't watch hockey, I don't follow hockey, I don't pay attention to hockey. I didn't want to include hockey if I have no clue what goes on within the sport. As far as color pallet, yes, the Ravens and Rockies have the purple and black as a color pallet... that's 3 teams out of 90+ teams. Not a bad ratio. I am comparing it to the stock R/W/B color pallets that take over every sport. Purple isn't a common color in the big 3 sports. Black is becoming a little more prevalent as a primary color, but its not that wide spread.

Again... if you take what I said completely literally... yes, purple and black isn't 100% unique by the most stringent of definitions. But its the only purple and black in the NBA. There is only 1 purple and black in the NFL. There is only 1 purple and black in the MLB. Again, we are talking ~3% of the big 3 teams have purple and black... not bad. I would say that is unique, in the liberal sense.

I really like the baby blue Kings jersey, and would even like them to re-adopt the colors. However, I imagine its only being used as part of the celebration of the old arena that they will be leaving after this season.

With the new arena coming in Sacramento, I've often wondered if this is the last season for the current Kings primary. They haven't used it too prevalently in the renders of their new arena, and the new(ish) owner has made an effort to put his own stamp on the team. With the recent movement to return to classic looks or adopt faux-back looks, I wonder if the old crown & basketball will return in some form?

I disagree. The ambigram wordmark should be at center court. My dad always comments on how cool that is when he sees it on my video game. Plus, it's the one instance where an ambigram logo can actually be used in its natural environment (as opposed to, say, on the jersey, because who sees the jersey upside-down?).

I disagree. The ambigram wordmark should be at center court. My dad always comments on how cool that is when he sees it on my video game. Plus, it's the one instance where an ambigram logo can actually be used in its natural environment (as opposed to, say, on the jersey, because who sees the jersey upside-down?).

131126234945-0021300205-phx-mia-play7-00

I can see your point, but to me the wordmark is still just this...block that's kind of just sitting there on the middle of the court. The ambigram effect is nice, but it really isn't enough to change the view in my eyes that's just blocky and sitting there. The shooting sun has motion and gusto to it, and just makes for an overall more exciting mark to put there.

I mean, if the wordmark is all you've got? Then cool, it works. But to me, if you've got a logo as good and iconic as the shooting sun, use it. Put that sucker wherever you can.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived