NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It didn't F up with the red, gold, and navy blue. It's the colors of the New Orleans flag.

I like the uniform.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

It didn't F up with the red, gold, and navy blue. It's the colors of the New Orleans flag.

I like the uniform.

I know the correlation, but the colors are boring and drab. The Mardi Gras colors worked better, especially for a basketball team. Heck, I think a black-gold palette to go with the Saints would have been better.

I like the uniform.

I know the correlation, but the colors are boring and drab. The Mardi Gras colors worked better, especially for a basketball team.

Exactly. New Orleans could have (and somewhat did, for a while, when they were the Hornets) owned the awesome Mardi Gras color theme. It looks so great, and without a doubt was unique. Instead, they did the exact opposite and went with boring, tame, drab, overused navy and red. Yes, they are the colors of the New Orleans flag, but that doesn't mean they have to use those colors.

Being a native of the area and working in the city, I think they made the completely CORRECT choice going away from the Mardi Gras color palette. Those colors really are a sign of a small part of the year. Sure Mardi Gras is a big part of New Orleans, but it doesn't define the city either. I think maybe they could have gone with a slightly lighter shade of blue and a yellow instead of gold, but the overwhelming response is positive down here. Plus, it gives the opportunity for the awesome alternate unis. I don't think merchandise sales would have been nearly as good had they gone Mardi Gras. Those colors just aren't terribly conducive to everyday where outside of that month and a half at the beginning of each year.

As for these unis, I'd prefer sleeveless but they aren't bad.

gYH2mW9.png

The sleeves actually manage to enhance the design this time around, which is honestly what should've been done for most of these sleeved jerseys from the beginning.

I like these better with sleeves too. I'm fine with basketball jerseys having sleeves if teams actually design around them.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived