NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

Don't you think it's odd that the monument ball is there, too? That isn't in Baltimore. They couldn't be arsed to work in some Calvert and Crossland? Quotes from The Wire for hanger effect?

Touche. But the monument logo isn't as explicit as the initials for "District of Columbia". And, I don't think it's realistic to expect a team to abandon all of its logos to create a one-off Maryland-centric logo for a seldom-used alt.

Appropriateness aside, I like the jersey -- by itself. It doesn't include the goofiest part of the design (the swooping stripes across the crotch of the shorts), and it'll look pretty good as fan gear w/ jeans. Frankly, I think this is the best sleeved design I've seen yet.

But as a total set, it doesn't really work. I'm also concerned about how the back of the uni looks, given the design of the original:

108485727-basketball-milwaukee-bucks-joh

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idea that is so crazy that it just might work :) --

Create an alternate logo that inserts this Washington Monument into the monument ball logo --

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Monument_(Baltimore)

washington-monument-at.jpg

After all, it is older than the monument in DC.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The Wizards are calling these their "Baltimore Pride" unis:

CQLDMH3VEAAXYIA.jpg

I don't mind 'em, but I do think it's odd that their "Baltimore Pride" unis use the "dc" logo on the shorts instead of just re-using the monument ball logo.

I can't believe they're paying tribute to the worst uniforms of all time. Old doesn't always mean good.

8bVWNl7.png.df4b40fc8bee1fb7b4442d7fc55c

The Wizards are calling these their "Baltimore Pride" unis:

CQLDMH3VEAAXYIA.jpg

I don't mind 'em, but I do think it's odd that their "Baltimore Pride" unis use the "dc" logo on the shorts instead of just re-using the monument ball logo.

I happen to think that striping pattern actual looks better on a sleeved jersey than it formerly did on the old Baltimore tank tops.

I can dig that stripe! It has a funky ABA vibe to it (not that the Bullets/Wizards have anything to do with the ABA).

But it would have been nice if, on the shorts, they had flipped the "d" in the "dc" logo to make a "b" for "Baltimore". This would have been no odder than the Golden State Warriors' "SF" logo.

Warriors10alt.gif

If the Astros can use the Colt. 45 jersey's, surely Washington can use a modernized Bullet logo.

That "dc" logo is a modernised Bullets logo.

WashBullets90s.gif

wizards_alt_logo_hand.gif

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

In NBA 2k16 you can actually see the shorts of the Pistons' and Rockets' new alternate jerseys. Its in the MyCareer NBA Store. I can't post the pics right now.

The Pistons' short is silver / grey with a navy and white stripe running down. The Rockets' short is interesting. It has some kind of racing flag pattern on the side panel.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Rockets-2015-Alternates-2.png

Oh, these are the Rockets' alternates...

https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/643948289176375296

Worst dressed team in the league.

That black Rockets jersey is straight fire. Why unveil it now if you can't sport it until Fall 2016? Strange. It may be the best uniform they've ever had in their entire existence...

As Conrad noted on Twitter, side panel is a nod to Gemini Titan rockets of the 60's.

58112.jpg

New look of Milwaukee Bucks Official Stance socks..

NBA_IG_POSTS_BUCKS_F-634x634.jpg

Whoever was the genius behind the blue and black needs to be fired,tar'd and feathered!

I think they look good. Anyone know if every player has to be wearing the same style for each game?

Whoever was the genius behind the blue and black needs to be fired,tar'd and feathered!

I think they look good. Anyone know if every player has to be wearing the same style for each game?

Judging from NBA 2K16, the colored socks are optional as theres white and black generic socks. Unfortunately the generic socks also have the Stance logo and design.

bSLCtu2.png

WAIT HOW THE HELL DID THEY GET TO KEEP THE COLLEGE LINES?! WTF Bulls?

Other than that, the stain is ugly, too light like the United Center. Also, they use red lanes with a black OOB, like the United Center (and the teams which copied them in Toronto and Portland). They've got the dumb Legend of Zelda thing in the lanes though, so I guess that's different.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

WAIT HOW THE HELL DID THEY GET TO KEEP THE COLLEGE LINES?! WTF Bulls?

Other than that, the stain is ugly, too light like the United Center. Also, they use red lanes with a black OOB, like the United Center (and the teams which copied them in Toronto and Portland). They've got the dumb Legend of Zelda thing in the lanes though, so I guess that's different.

The light stain is for the Court Projection system. Maybe it's because I watched every game on the same court last year but I think it looks fine.

And I don't think anybody is going to mistake this court for the Bulls, Raptors, or Blazers. :upside:

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Judging from NBA 2K16, the colored socks are optional as theres white and black generic socks. Unfortunately the generic socks also have the Stance logo and design.

Bummer. I was actually hoping the team socks were now a required part of the uniform.

My biggest gripe with the Hawks new identity is that the volt looks too much like yellow. That zoomed out pic of the court is a perfect example.

As for the Wizards alt? I think it's very stupid that they pretended to say these were honoring Baltimore. That being said, I like them (except the sleeves). I think they're pretty fun and unique for a 6 game alt. But I'll 100% admit I'm biased and would like any Wizards uniform on John Wall and Brad Beal :)

90758391980.gif

My biggest gripe with the Hawks new identity is that the volt looks too much like yellow. That zoomed out pic of the court is a perfect example.

I think the point of the volt color is that it combines both the green and yellow from the Hawks history. It's a pretty smart idea.

EDIT: I have it on a Clippers pre-season game right now and what else can be said that wasn't already said by this point? :wacko:

bSLCtu2.png

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13797227/milwaukee-bucks-use-alternate-basketball-court-jersey-four-games

Hah, a black alternate and a different court? Wow.

Speaking of the Bucks, I wish Hardwood Classics should not only consist of classic uniforms, classic home floors should also be used as well. After all, it's the "Hardwood" Classics. Imagine today's Cavaliers wearing the 94-97 unis w/ the court from the same era? Epic.

13556045423_07f972e3cd_b.jpg

ERRF8YV.jpg

OG court added for comparison. Credits to Kodrinsky.

Adidas-Cleveland-Cavaliers-2-Kyrie-Irvin

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13797227/milwaukee-bucks-use-alternate-basketball-court-jersey-four-games

Hah, a black alternate and a different court? Wow.

I wish Hardwood Classics should not only consist of classic uniforms, classic home floors should also be used as well. After all, it's the "Hardwood" Classics. Imagine today's Cavaliers wearing the 94-97 unis w/ the court from the same era? Epic.

Was just about to post this...here is the alternate court to be used with the black unis. Who even knew the Bucks could be trendsetters?

150603-alternate-court.jpg

Archived