NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two things:

1. The other new Cavs alt (wine and gold with the 80s wordmark) is 100x better than this sleeved disaster.

2. Is there any other source for the sleeved alt being black besides the adidas Spring Catalog? Because looking at the original grainy photo making the rounds, I thought it was navy. That would make a lot more sense - it's a team color and navy merch was extremely popular last year.

The black Cavs jersey are ugly and truly pointless. Even if you take the sleeves off, it makes no sense except to try and rob fans of their money. I'm kinda curious on whether people actually buy the sleeve jerseys? Do fans show up to games in them?

The black Cavs jersey are ugly and truly pointless. Even if you take the sleeves off, it makes no sense except to try and rob fans of their money. I'm kinda curious on whether people actually buy the sleeve jerseys? Do fans show up to games in them?

Asking "Do people buy it?" is kind of weird to say, don't you think? If nobody bought them, they wouldn't have them in the first place. I have seen the sleeved jerseys on various fans and personally I would probably buy a sleeved jersey myself so that I don't have to wear an undershirt. It's a sound idea, but only for fans and not players.

bSLCtu2.png

Asking "Do people buy it?" is kind of weird to say, don't you think? If nobody bought them, they wouldn't have them in the first place. I have seen the sleeved jerseys on various fans and personally I would probably buy a sleeved jersey myself so that I don't have to wear an undershirt. It's a sound idea, but only for fans and not players.

Just because companies make something, doesn't necessarily mean people buy them. There have been a ton of products that have been made that nobody bought or at least not enough people. They are kept around for a while, maybe even updated, then eventually killed off. Does anyone remember the Zune?

I ask because the jerseys seem so reviled here and some of the players don't even seem to like them either. Why not just buy a t-shirt and save yourself a lot of money?

Because the soccer industry has proven that the fans want to wear what the players wear (or at least looks close enough). If saving money would be a priority for supporters the apparel businees wouldn't have grown so much in the last two decades.

I'll say this much for adidas and its dogged pursuit of trying to get sleeved jerseys over with the public: They at least seem to finally understand you can't put a tank top's neckline on a sleeved jersey. Most of the newer ones just have tighter V-necks. If these were cut like a traditional soccer jersey, I don't think they'd face quite as much backlash. The jersey cut overall is just so unnatural for retail, which was the whole reason these were conceived in the first place.

As for their popularity, if sales of these were actually doing well, you'd think someone from adidas would have something -- ANYTHING -- to back that up. I've yet to see a story with any kind of actual data to support that claim. Closest I've seen is adidas reps saying sales "have exceeded our expectations." I mean, if you expect to sell zero jerseys and you sell one...

Do we have any theories as to why so many of the new alts push the big front-and-center logo look instead of a simple wordmark? Looks just as unnatural as the sleeves.

I think it's just teams trying to do something different and try and evolve the idea of what a uniform can look like. I mean we can argue about how much this stuff sucks, but in my personal opinion, things can only be typical for so long before someone gets the idea to do something different, and as far as I'm concerned that Cavaliers uniform SUCKS.

bSLCtu2.png

Also, I get the feeling the Spurs are testing the waters for the alts to become the home and away. It's a bold move because the Spurs have a classic look but I like the alts but I'm not sure about everyone else though.

Spurs switching to their alternate uni template would be natural progression.

Also, I get the feeling the Spurs are testing the waters for the alts to become the home and away. It's a bold move because the Spurs have a classic look but I like the alts but I'm not sure about everyone else though.

Fingers crossed still hoping for a Fiesta Spurs jersey!!
shado_logo.gif

Fingers crossed still hoping for a Fiesta Spurs jersey!!

Don't give adidas any ideas!

San Antonio Spurs released their new black alternate jersey. Nothing special except the shiny silver metallic on the sides!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2579442-san-antonio-spurs-unveil-new-black-alternate-jerseys-for-2015-16-season

7acd09b4ba67ed7b6afe330714ff2112_origina

Why are the spurs different location's? Manu has it coming up halfway of the numbers while Tony Patty has it at the bottom of the number?

edit:doh

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

For what it is, I really like it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived