NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like them. I kind of like the older number style the Spurs used in the 70s and 80s. Still, I hope this stays as an alt and doesn't take over the primary road uniform.

I do think they should have a silver jersey, though. Between this and the previous set, I like the silver a lot better.

Whose idea was it to put black numbers on a black shirt? That will be totally illegible for the fans in the Arena and on TV....

This is actually my favourite point about the jersey.

5345348_std.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

While updating/adding new NBA uniforms on the mothership, I realized even more how ridiculous the 'alternate' is getting. It's hard to keep up. What happened to the old [home-away-alternate + throwback] set up?

Now it's "_________ pride unveiled!" "sleeve this!" "noche that" "chinese new year! " "______ (rip, buzz, clutch..) CITY!" get your new "_____ holiday jersey!" ..its garbage, especially the new black Cavs' and Spurs unis that debuted this week. So meaningless, gimmicky and frown-worthy upon the league. And horrible adidas..who I'm sure has had a heavy hand in this.

A list of the latest adds here:

http://www.sportslogos.net/updates/

It's almost overwhelming to keep up. No one else contributes to the NBA uniforms on the site. It's hard for me to even THINK about adding the xmas unis, or the smorgas of the one-offs (i.e. Celtics grey "parquet pride" uniform).

San Antonio Spurs released their new black alternate jersey. Nothing special except the shiny silver metallic on the sides!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2579442-san-antonio-spurs-unveil-new-black-alternate-jerseys-for-2015-16-season

7acd09b4ba67ed7b6afe330714ff2112_originaMy Lord, this alternate is trash. The Spurs are just killing themselves with terrible alternates at this point.

While updating/adding new NBA uniforms on the mothership, I realized even more how ridiculous the 'alternate' is getting. It's hard to keep up. What happened to the old [home-away-alternate + throwback] set up?

Now it's "_________ pride unveiled!" "sleeve this!" "noche that" "chinese new year! " "______ (rip, buzz, clutch..) CITY!" get your new "_____ holiday jersey!" ..its garbage, especially the new black Cavs' and Spurs unis that debuted this week. So meaningless, gimmicky and frown-worthy upon the league. And horrible adidas..who I'm sure has had a heavy hand in this.

It's almost overwhelming to keep up. No one else contributes to the NBA uniforms on the site. It's hard for me to even THINK about adding the xmas unis, or the smorgas of the one-offs (i.e. Celtics grey "parquet pride" uniform).

I appreciate all the work you did. I'm happy that the NBA section is being updated again. Big thanks from my side.

Coming back to your point, I suppose this is one of the paradoxes of this forum. On one hand we want the teams to keep their classic identities. On the other hand, we need new uniforms, logos etc. to have discussion topics.

:lol::notworthy:

San Antonio Spurs released their new black alternate jersey. Nothing special except the shiny silver metallic on the sides!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2579442-san-antonio-spurs-unveil-new-black-alternate-jerseys-for-2015-16-season

7acd09b4ba67ed7b6afe330714ff2112_origina

I'm underwhelmed by the fact that they went with the old template instead of the one of the gray alternate. Takes all the purpose away from it, in my books. Other than that, the uniform works, with the way the logo is placed on Ginobili's jersey.

9wadNh8.png

I actually really like this. It would make a nice one-time thing.

I think that the idea of the stars circling the number serving in place of a wordmark or logo is actually something that could translate in to a regular uniform.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived