NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a good part of me that really believes adidas is just having a bitter trolling rampage with the NBA right now, and has been since they haven't renewed the contract and are going to Nike.

That red alt was one of the top 5 uniforms in the league. And swapped for these 2 abominations?

adidas' tire-tread college uniforms are also a horrendous mish mash of disgusting ideas. And the new University of Miami basketball unis were also garbage.

adidas sucks, it should stick to soccer. The three stripes are clunky, and their uniform ideas are all so distasteful and near disrespectful.

No doubt, sad to see it go. And you´re right, surely this is just Adidas with a one big FU to all fans and players in the NBA

Show where in the contract it says that the heat are obligated to wear these silly uniforms if they don't want to. Until then your anger is misplaced.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This discussion is getting ridicolous again. None of us has the access to the contract between Adidas and NBA so such comnments are pointless.

The Heat have presented the uniforms on their official website, which means they accepted them. That also means that we will see all 5 of them this season. This organization has been realeasing ridicolous amount of altrernates since James joined them and his departure didn't discourage them (which now makes 2 teams in the league with a ridicolous number of alternates). They were wearing their tuxedo uniforms on the court last season, I don't see any reason why they won't wear the new alternates.

Barf. It looks like they're wearing thin white Ts with beaters underneath.

I really don't hate the sleeved jersey concept - but I simply DO NOT UNDERSTAND why they don't put trim on the sleeves or stripes on them so that they don't look like practice Ts or regular jerseys that were miscut.

You want people to buy it and wear it like a shirt? Then make it look kinda like a shirt.

Nitwits.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think Nuggets' jerseys should have gold on it somewhere.

I also agree that a white, untrimmed sleeved jersey looks like a cheap t-shirt. Why not add the stripes from the shorts to the sleeves (well, other than the fact that it probably doesn't work with Adidas' restrictive template)?

That little wordmark detail actually makes me like the set. That touch, which nobody will ever see outside of us and Nuggets fans, makes me think there might have been actual thought put into this idea. I don't love the execution, but that detail makes me think maybe, just maybe, they knew what they were doing.

Looks like icicles on the Nuggets wordmark.

dn-whitegold-gallery-8.jpg

That little wordmark detail actually makes me like the set. That touch, which nobody will ever see outside of us and Nuggets fans, makes me think there might have been actual thought put into this idea. I don't love the execution, but that detail makes me think maybe, just maybe, they knew what they were doing.

Yeah, the "freeze" detail is really cool, and does indicate that there was a legit concept that they were going for.

Also, the Celtics have a new court (it's an entirely new court...new wood and everything, not just a new design).

qdwJZXV.jpg

Slight changes, but changes nonetheless. I'm pretty sure they made the center court logo bigger (quite a bit bigger). They also added the TD logo to the baseline and changed the word garden from yellow to white. The Putnam logos are new this year too. There used to be a couple markings in the paint that were peculiarly colored red that seem to be white now.

dn-whitegold-gallery-1.jpg

dn-whitegold-gallery-9.jpg

dn-whitegold-gallery-5.jpg

I honestly love these.

Is it unnecessary? Yes.

Is it lazy on adidas' part? Yes.

Do I still like it? Yes.

Put some stripes on the shirt and I'd love it.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived