NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

Ha ha -- look at this clown show:

rIknXOj.jpg

Wow that's awful. Looks like they are going to pilates class.

Knowing the Hawks were going to do this, I was willing to give it a chance. Now after seeing it in action, I don't ever want to see it again. The main thing that kills it for me is that there's no flow in the design between the jersey and shorts.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if I like the OKC alts:

7l0I2hx.jpg

The new Nuggets numbers are pretty nice though.

There's a little of this going on:

Golden-State-Warriors-2004-2010-Alternat

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

This is a great matchup, and the Kings might have the best throwback this year:

106-XbKjC.AuSt.55.jpeg

Seriously, the Kings would be so wise to adopt these colors full time IMO. Why have they not done it yet?

I don't know. As much as I love the Light Blue/Red color scheme (RIP Houston/Tennessee Oilers), Purple/Black fits the Kings well...and does the NBA need another Blue/Red (even if a unique shade of blue) team?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Ha ha -- look at this clown show:

rIknXOj.jpg

Wow that's awful. Looks like they are going to pilates class.

Knowing the Hawks were going to do this, I was willing to give it a chance. Now after seeing it in action, I don't ever want to see it again. The main thing that kills it for me is that there's no flow in the design between the jersey and shorts.

I'm interested to see how the other combo looks -- but, we'll see I guess?

I dunno, there was a time when the NBA didn't need another purple team: Lakers, Raptors, Kings, Bucks, Jazz, Suns. The Kings' identity is looking a little long in the tooth. Wouldn't be the worst thing to go back to something timeless with the new arena.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I dunno, there was a time when the NBA didn't need another purple team: Lakers, Raptors, Kings, Bucks, Jazz, Suns. The Kings' identity is looking a little long in the tooth. Wouldn't be the worst thing to go back to something timeless with the new arena.

Don't go back to that era's logo, though. Make something based on the uniform script instead.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Warriors will pair their throwbacks with a "retro" court

Warriors-court-f.png

The reason for quotation mark is that it's just a current court with a different logo. The original floor was much simpler (from kodrinsky's database)

11853910046_c3c4650295_k.jpgOakland Coliseum Arena (1966/1967) (1969/1974) by kodrinsky

Still, I like this idea and I hope that the road team will not spoil the fun. Here's what I wish for

• Tuesday, November 24 vs. Los Angeles Lakers purple
  • Tuesday, December 8 at Indiana Pacers road
  • Saturday, January 9 at Sacramento Kings sky blue throwback
  • Monday, January 18 at Cleveland Cavaliers maroon fauxback
  • Cavs-wine.png
  • Tuesday, March 1 vs. Atlanta Hawks just go monochrome
  • Tuesday, March 29 vs. Washington Wizards regular road or alternate
  • Tuesday, April 5 vs. Minnesota Timberwolves something sleevless

7l0I2hx.jpg

These looked a lot better than I thought they would without the white striping. Liked them a lot, a great look with the white number outlines and NOB popping. Even the NOB below the number looked appropriate. This should be made the primary road uniform.

On the Hawks' mis-matched set, I didn't think it was bad, it worked. Not so sure about the other way around, though. That being said, I prefer them wearing the entire red set cohesively on a regular basis and assign the black set as the altrnate.

A year later and the Hornets are still the best thing adidas has to their name from their NBA contract. I stand by my initial feelings of the hawks set, which is it would be 100x better with yellow instead of volt (and changing home numbers to red). I definitely think the mix n match hawks look good though, just not against the hornets in teal.

GO NETS.

A year later and the Hornets are still the best thing adidas has to their name from their NBA contract. I stand by my initial feelings of the hawks set, which is it would be 100x better with yellow instead of volt (and changing home numbers to red). I definitely think the mix n match hawks look good though, just not against the hornets in teal.

Technically, the Hornets' identity was designed by Jordan Brand.The best thing that Adidas came up with is the Wizards' identity, by far.

Technically, the Hornets' identity was designed by Jordan Brand.The best thing that Adidas came up with is the Wizards' identity, by far.

If thats the case, good job Jordan. At least he knew better. Then imo i would have to say the Bucks set is the best by adidas. Washington drives me nuts with the stripes and ugly numbers. I want to like it, I just can't. However, the logos of the set are nice. They either need a name change or need to embrace being the wizards. Too bad they got away from the blue black gold...

GO NETS.

Don't go back to that era's logo, though. Make something based on the uniform script instead.

Oh heavens no, that crown/ball logo was awful. I just like the script and the color palette. Could use a Sacramento road script, too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think OKC could become an orange team. There's a real lack with Phoenix seeming to not utilize it as much and the Bobcats gone. It's a great combo if done properly, especially if your primary set is extremely generic.

My swingman Durant just came in the mail today, and I've got to say -- I love it. The new material gives it a kit-feel to it; it feels like a sleeveless tshirt.

Archived