NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

The Sixers' red alts will make their on-court debut tonight

Have they even wore white yet?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did the Sixers get new lighting at their arena? Watching last night, the court looked brighter and the seating bowl looked a lot darker than past years. Very similar to the changes in Miami and Atlanta in recent years.

Didn't notice, but the former ceo commented a lot about wanting to do it but claimed it cost something like 500k to re-do the lights. He used to ask fans a lot on Twitter if they liked the "theater effect". Maybe they actually went through with it. Not sure how that'd work since it's the Flyers' building.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I was wandering through the NBA section of the mothership when I realized something: Why is it that the NBA requires teams to have a basketball in at least one of their logos, yet you have

The Bulls:

hj3gmh82w9hffmeh3fjm5h874.png

The Spurs:

827.gif

The Rockets:

8xe4813lzybfhfl14axgzzqeq.gif

...and the Blazers:

826.gif

... all of which without a basketball in their logo set. Now, to be fair, Houston does look like it has what could be a reference to a basketball hoop, and Portland's logo is a reference to the 5-vs-5 players on the court, but the Bulls and Spurs have not had a logo featuring a basketball (not including the old Bulls midcourt logo w/a ball behind it).

So I guess what I'm asking is... what gives? The Wizards, Bucks, 76ers, Raptors, Hawks, and Clippers all feature a basketball in at least one of their logos.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived