NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

To me the Bulls' sleeved jerseys further show that sleeved jerseys are just fine. It's a shirt! There is nothing wrong with wearing a shirt while playing basketball.

And the use of grey is pretty nice, also. Though wearing this uniform at home is a bit odd, as is any uniform that is not white (or Lakers yellow). It makes me realise that I wish that teams used grey on the road, baseball style, the way the Nets used to do when they had a grey road uniform alongside the blue one.

martin_kidd.jpg

1750388-richard-jefferson-kenyon-martin-

Top 5 nba jerseys of all time imo. Neck crest and all. Love it 1000x over what they wear now. And it sucks they'll never bring it back as a throwback bc its too NJed out

GO NETS.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That grey Nets uniform is one of my favorite basketball uniforms of all-time. The only tweak I would've made to it would've been to remove the collar crest and round the collar. Other than that? Splendid. Just about as good an alternate as you could ever ask for.

But in regards to the Bulls...grey's fine (albeit a little jarring to see paired with them), but death to sleeves.

I rooted for them to beat LA in 2002 partially because of the Kings getting screwed over in the West and partially because those grey alternates were so good.

Man, the Nets 2000s look could have been timeless with the grey uniform as the full-time road look and a better logo.

I don't think I would've removed the crest from the collar of those Nets jerseys. If anything I would've shrunk it down some and shaped it similarly to what the Grizzlies have done with theirs.

I'd kind of like to see that entire set come back (red alternate included) with the New Jersey wordmark changed to "Brooklyn," but those colors are just so damn synonymous with New Jersey that I can't see them any other way. But that net pattern on the side panels? Could totally work for Brooklyn as a part of their full-time look.

To me the Bulls' sleeved jerseys further show that sleeved jerseys are just fine. It's a shirt! There is nothing wrong with wearing a shirt while playing basketball.

And the use of grey is pretty nice, also. Though wearing this uniform at home is a bit odd, as is any uniform that is not white (or Lakers yellow). It makes me realise that I wish that teams used grey on the road, baseball style, the way the Nets used to do when they had a grey road uniform alongside the blue one.

martin_kidd.jpg

Top 5 nba jerseys of all time imo. Neck crest and all. Love it 1000x over what they wear now. And it sucks they'll never bring it back as a throwback bc its too NJed out

Wonder if they'll ever do a few games at the Prudential Center and wear either this era or the Dr. J era unis.

sig.png

martin_kidd.jpg

Wonder if they'll ever do a few games at the Prudential Center and wear either this era or the Dr. J era unis.

If Barclays attendance continues to hover around 13,000, why not?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

In a pick up game perhaps, but in pro ball you need a uniform, and basketball uniforms do no have sleeves, 60+ years of history tell us that. It uncomfortable as well, just ask bron lol

In a pick up game perhaps, but in pro ball you need a uniform, and basketball uniforms do no have sleeves, 60+ years of history tell us that. It uncomfortable as well, just ask bron lol

I agree. Even in college games the guys who wear shirts under their jerseys look like dorks,

8bVWNl7.png.df4b40fc8bee1fb7b4442d7fc55c

basketball uniforms do no have sleeves, 60+ years of history tell us that.

You sure about that?

bkMM2O6.jpg

I'm all for a second coming, but the way it's being done now is a complete screw up. That 1946 Celtics uniform? That would be a great throwback. It utilizes the sleeves for a striping design, which is great and what the sleeved uniforms of today should be doing.

bSLCtu2.png

In a pick up game perhaps, but in pro ball you need a uniform, and basketball uniforms do no have sleeves, 60+ years of history tell us that.

I get that sleeves are untraditional. And, as I have said before, I admit that I am being inconsistent when like the sleeves in basketball but I trot out the "it's that way because it's that way" argument defending stirrups in baseball. All I can say is that, to me, sleeved jerseys still look like uniforms that are appropriate for basketball.

It uncomfortable as well, just ask bron lol

Nonsense. Lebron made a big show of ripping the sleeves a couple of weeks ago. But there's no way that the sleeves actually inhibit the players' movement. Tennis players have no problem with sleeves.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

In a pick up game perhaps, but in pro ball you need a uniform, and basketball uniforms do no have sleeves, 60+ years of history tell us that.

I get that sleeves are untraditional. And, as I have said before, I admit that I am being inconsistent when like the sleeves in basketball but I trot out the "it's that way because it's that way" argument defending stirrups in baseball. All I can say is that, to me, sleeved jerseys still look like uniforms that are appropriate for basketball.

Nonsense. Lebron made a big show of ripping the sleeves a couple of weeks ago. But there's no way that the sleeves actually inhibit the players' movement. Tennis players have no problem with sleeves.

Actually i used to not mind, but i don't like playing basketball in tight shirts anymore. It's uncomfortable. I'm a bad shooter either way, but it is bothersome and annoying. I prefer a shirt 2 sizes too big or no sleeves. But you can't make someone wear a jersey 2 sizes bigger than theyre used to because they were forced to wear sleeves. It should be an option like different templates/cuts are options in football or soccer. And the fans should have that same option.

A polo isn't skin-tight like the sleeved Adidas basketball jersey, though. Their arms aren't trapped and have room in the sleeves to move. Sleeves in the basketball jerseys may not restrict movement, but they can most certainly be tight and uncomfortable. I have had T-shirts that were comfortable in the torso and chest but tight in the sleeves.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

A polo isn't skin-tight like the sleeved Adidas basketball jersey, though. Their arms aren't trapped and have room in the sleeves to move. Sleeves in the basketball jerseys may not restrict movement, but they can most certainly be tight and uncomfortable. I have had T-shirts that were comfortable in the torso and chest but tight in the sleeves.

I'm sure anyone who as ever golfed in a polo that was too small could agree with this. I believe there was even a pro golfer who had to change shirts mid-round. Tiger maybe?

The Lebron situation was probably a combination of things. He was having a poor shooting night and he is sponsored by Nike. I wouldn't put it past him to go out of his way to make Adidas look bad.

martin_kidd.jpg

Yeah this uniform was nice, but do you remember the first version of this jersey?

GWuRBv.jpg

4r2eer.png

Archived