NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pistons are wearing their Motor City alternate tonight at home which forces the Lakers to wear their white sunday alternate on the road for the first time ever.

IS there a particular reason they did not wear thier regular yellows, or was it simply because it was a sunday and did the same as they would at home

It's a strictly Sunday uniform. I've never seen them wear it on any other day of the week.

It used to be their holiday uniform too. Before the NBA had specialized uniforms for Christmas, that's what the Lakers used to wear.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Please correct me if I'm wrong but since we're not going to see the Knicks on Christmas, they are the only team with 2 uniforms. And we all know that if they hadn't lost all the games playing in orange, they would still use it.

The list of teams with "only" 3 uniforms is also short and Jazz and Wolves are the only two teams on that list that didn't change their uniforms in summer. All those team introduced alternates in season 1 though (Hawks, Clippers, Bucks, 76ers).
I know that this topic has been discussed it. I just wanted to systemize a little bit.

P.S. Are Motor City and Rip City still in use? If not Blazers and Pistons would join the Wolves and Jazz.

EDIT: Forgot the Knicks throwbacks.

Rockets got checked flag pattern on those shorts ? guess it´s some leftover fabric from the Motor City jerseys and Adidas said ":censored: it, we'll slap it on here"

Wl5ieUQ.jpg

The pattern is based off of the design of the Gemini-Titan II rocket, used for NASA's Project Gemini missions.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but since we're not going to see the Knicks on Christmas, they are the only team with 2 uniforms. And we all know that if they hadn't lost all the games playing in orange, they would still use it.

The list of teams with "only" 3 uniforms is also short and Jazz and Wolves are the only two teams on that list that didn't change their uniforms in summer. All those team introduced alternates in season 1 though (Hawks, Clippers, Bucks, 76ers).

I know that this topic has been discussed it. I just wanted to systemize a little bit.

P.S. Are Motor City and Rip City still in use? If not Blazers and Pistons would join the Wolves and Jazz.

Are you sure about the Knicks? I thought they were going to wear a 1950s throwback this year. If you are (potentially) counting Christmas uniforms , then I would count throwbacks, too.

Are you sure about the Knicks? I thought they were going to wear a 1950s throwback this year. If you are (potentially) counting Christmas uniforms , then I would count throwbacks, too.

They wore them last month against Charlotte

AP_504525698300_fywk1p52_lgqaj4sj.jpg

I knew I must have forgotten something. I just couldn't believe that a team would stick to two uniforms in 2015.

Therefore, it seems that the last team that did it were the WIzards in 2013-14.

The one there is wrong actually. It's suppose to have a smaller wordmark and no logo on the shorts.

I agree about shorts, but disagree about jersey, look:

5331625_1.jpg?v=8C79D6901F05AA0

Reebok was closer than adidas when it comes to the size of the wordmark.

4r2eer.png

Bring back 90's lettering and numbers keep the trim make em primaries.

Pistons are wearing their Motor City alternate tonight at home which forces the Lakers to wear their white sunday alternate on the road for the first time ever.

IS there a particular reason they did not wear thier regular yellows, or was it simply because it was a sunday and did the same as they would at home

It's a strictly Sunday uniform. I've never seen them wear it on any other day of the week.

LA wore their whites on the road against Phoenix sometime during the 2003-04 season. Pretty sure it was also on a Sunday.

Bring back 90's lettering and numbers keep the trim make em primaries.

Good idea, Then they can also perform when the circus is in town.

Until the real clowns get jealous and start throwing pies that is.

:grin:

Not sure if this was just for tonight when they honored the three guys that passed away (Malone, Dawkins, Pollack), but the usual Sixers memorial patch was different

CVMAObiWUAAcm_g.png

(old one for comparison:)

CU_dgdRU8AA6rmM.jpg

An update on this one: the alt reds had the updated patch too, and the 3 stars are on the whites again today, so it looks like this is the patch they'll be wearing moving forward.

920x920.jpg

mark me down as disappointed by this move. I liked the original patch, thought it was an interesting memorial patch. The new one sucks.

Archived