NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

28 minutes ago, gopistons899004 said:

just the pistons?????? arguably one of the most storied and successful franchises in NBA history. whatever the pistons do, it certainly can't be as bad the trash that brooklyn wears every single night. 

I agree, I think our current primary home and away is trash. The stars and strips (pride jersey) however... if we took the sleeves off and had a black version, top 5 look in the nba. We already have a top court, just need the jerseys to live up to them. FWIW I actually like the Pistons, just worried after what I've seen the Hawks come up with. Not a promising trend. 

GO NETS.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, joshey said:

FWIW I actually like the Pistons, just worried after what I've seen the Hawks come up with. Not a promising trend. 

I was happy seeing the old school bad boys logo coming back hoping for some retro uniforms. Thanks for reminding me that the Hawks paired their old school logo with some horrendous modern uniforms, I guess I was too confident...

Wizards are wearing their alternate jerseys tonight for the third game in a row, which I don't think they have ever done before, and by "ever" I might actually mean "ever."  I don't think they ever wore the shiny gold alts in consecutive games (except for possibly the playoffs?), and I don't even know what their alternate jersey situation was when they were the Bullets, or if they ever even had alternates as the Bullets.  I don't think they did in the 90s, and I'm too young to remember the 80s.  Anyway, I actually don't even think they have worn these navy alts for two games in a row before this.

So this could mean a few things.

-Maybe they are transitioning the navy into a primary, over the red. (Which, by extension, might mean they are going to become a "navy first" team rather than a "red first" team.  This would not surprise me because a) their court has become more navy over the years, b ) their scorebug color on CSN changed from red to navy this season, and c) I would imagine that navy sells better than red).  Considering how they snuck in their primary logo change right at the end of the regular season last season, they might be doing something weird like that again here.

-Maybe they are wearing it as some kind of rally jersey as a final playoff push.

-Maybe it's the only uniform they brought with them to this west coast trip, although I doubt that because it seems like teams these days don't have any problems carrying loads of different uniforms wherever they go.  It's almost a requirement at this point.

-Maybe I am reading too far into this, and they are wearing the navy uniforms a lot this week "just because."

Either way, I had mad respect for this Wizards in terms of truly keeping their alternate jerseys as alternates in their history.  For this navy alternate, they were pretty strict about restricting it to Wednesday road games and a very few select home games at first.  Looks like they may become yet another casualty to "alternate uniform overdose."  (Too early to tell yet, though)

My opinion?  Not a huge fan of the navy.  It's not like red is that original either, but it's a little more "energetic."  One of the only things that kept me watching the Bullets in the 90s was those sharp red jerseys, blue jerseys can look dull at times.  Also, their navy feels so dark sometimes that it looks like they are wearing black jerseys.

3 hours ago, joshey said:

I agree, I think our current primary home and away is trash. The stars and strips (pride jersey) however... if we took the sleeves off and had a black version, top 5 look in the nba. We already have a top court, just need the jerseys to live up to them. FWIW I actually like the Pistons, just worried after what I've seen the Hawks come up with. Not a promising trend. 

ok, my apologies. I attacked you out of nowhere.  I'd like to see more a throwback to the New York Nets jerseys of the 1970s.

6 hours ago, gopistons899004 said:

ok, my apologies. I attacked you out of nowhere.  I'd like to see more a throwback to the New York Nets jerseys of the 1970s.

It's all good man. I'm all about defending my teams too, no hard feelings. But while we are talking about your Pistons, I think it was a mistake dropping the red alt jersey. It was so much better then every promotional alt they've come up with since, I think it was even nice enough to become the primary roads. I'm still in need of a Rasheed Wallace red jersey for my collection. 

GO NETS.

11 hours ago, joshey said:

It's all good man. I'm all about defending my teams too, no hard feelings. But while we are talking about your Pistons, I think it was a mistake dropping the red alt jersey. It was so much better then every promotional alt they've come up with since, I think it was even nice enough to become the primary roads. I'm still in need of a Rasheed Wallace red jersey for my collection. 

See I never really liked the red jersey as a fan, it looked good for the team but I would never wear one because the bulls wear red.

9 hours ago, Conrad. said:

^ agreed on the bad decision of my Pistons dropping the red uni. terrible mistake. i loved the Sheed-era one as well as the GHill rookie one. they need one of those back as an alt or throwback. get that navy crap outta here.

Wait...Conrad is a Pistons fan? Let's go!!!!!!

35 minutes ago, AAO said:

That's really well done by the NBA. Interesting to see how many uniforms Kobe has worn playing for one team his whole career.

On March 30, 2016 at 10:26 PM, chakfu said:

Who's ever honestly complained about the Wizards' name for that reason? That gives way too much credit to the KKK to think they own the term wizard or dragon. Maybe preceded by grand, but otherwise that's a huge stretch...I don't think anyone really stoops to acknowledge the KKK in this circumstance!

I never thought the Wizards/KKK thing was intentional or even worthy of attention. I just thought it was funny. How they dropped "Bullets" to have a less-offensive nickname and accidentally fell ass-backwards into a KKK title. 

2 hours ago, mbannon92 said:

That's really well done by the NBA. Interesting to see how many uniforms Kobe has worn playing for one team his whole career.

36 uniforms in 20 seasons is not a lot in my opinion. Wade wore 10 uniforms in a single season.

james_wade.jpg

Wade vs. James 10:9

wade_lat.jpg

14 minutes ago, Wilt said:

36 uniforms in 20 seasons is not a lot in my opinion. Wade wore 10 uniforms in a single season.

Well, the Lebron-era Heat and current Cavs almost have to be excluded from the discussion. They're all the way off the scale.

6 hours ago, mbannon92 said:

They forgot the sleeveless black hollywood nights jersey...

14 hours ago, mbannon92 said:

Well, the Lebron-era Heat and current Cavs almost have to be excluded from the discussion. They're all the way off the scale.

Well, technically Lebron is gone from Miami and they keep releasing new jerseys.

So I've been so busy with work and life in general during this NBA season that I haven't even gotten a chance to watch a Warriors game.  Not that I am a Warriors fan, but this is a historic season for them, so I want to catch at least one of their games, to see this amazing team play.

I finally have a free night to myself at home tonight, I found out earlier today that the Warriors are playing on ESPN tonight.  Great!  Now I have a chance to watch them work towards making history.  As a plus, I get to see them play in those gorgeous blue and gold road jerseys...right?

As soon as I turn to ESPN, I see Steph Curry take off his warmup shirt and I see that hideous, depressing, black sleeved alternate with white trim.  Yuck!  I guess I'll still watch the game, but what a ugly/depressing looking matchup, with these ugly black sleeved things against the Grizzlies in their boring navy and white scheme with barely noticeable light blue and yellow.  Such a letdown.  

Jerseys shouldn't affect enjoyment of a game that much, but when they're that ugly, they do.

1 hour ago, SCalderwood said:

So I've been so busy with work and life in general during this NBA season that I haven't even gotten a chance to watch a Warriors game.  Not that I am a Warriors fan, but this is a historic season for them, so I want to catch at least one of their games, to see this amazing team play.

I finally have a free night to myself at home tonight, I found out earlier today that the Warriors are playing on ESPN tonight.  Great!  Now I have a chance to watch them work towards making history.  As a plus, I get to see them play in those gorgeous blue and gold road jerseys...right?

As soon as I turn to ESPN, I see Steph Curry take off his warmup shirt and I see that hideous, depressing, black sleeved alternate with white trim.  Yuck!  I guess I'll still watch the game, but what a ugly/depressing looking matchup, with these ugly black sleeved things against the Grizzlies in their boring navy and white scheme with barely noticeable light blue and yellow.  Such a letdown.  

Jerseys shouldn't affect enjoyment of a game that much, but when they're that ugly, they do.

I like the Warriors black sleeved unis best out of all their sets. The Chinese New Year set is one of my favs in the league. 

1 hour ago, SCalderwood said:

I've experienced this all year with my Clippers, so I completely understand

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

Archived