NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, dont care said:

Kobe's already said he only wants 24 retired, so keep speculating all you want

Not speculating, just making an observation. Never heard about Kobe saying that, thanks for sharing the facts. I can now sleep easy at night...

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

The OKC Thunder are going with the white sleeved jerseys for Game 1 tonight, making it 7 home games in a row.

For the season, OKC is 8-0 in the sleeves. So, superstition may be at work here, along with the aforementioned preference of the players. 

1 hour ago, okcsooner35 said:

The OKC Thunder are going with the white sleeved jerseys for Game 1 tonight, making it 7 home games in a row.

For the season, OKC is 8-0 in the sleeves. So, superstition may be at work here, along with the aforementioned preference of the players. 

I hope they loose the next one then cause these absolutely suck.

2 hours ago, mattb6 said:

Not sure if we knew this, but Silver was just interviewed during the Thunder-Mavs game, and he said the Nike swoosh will be on the right side, with the add on the left. 

So there's going to be two ads on jerseys. Great.

Former NBA boss David Stern got rid of manufacturers logo on game shorts and jerseys, right ? This dates back to the reign of longtime NBA commissioner David Stern, who believed that the teams' individual brands should not be sullied with a Nike swoosh or an Adidas trefoil. 

This Silver character bring not only the manufactures logo back, he also brings ads.

Forget about Gary Bettman, Silver is the person to boo . Worst  boss in US sports

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Former NBA boss David Stern got rid of manufacturers logo on game shorts and jerseys, right ? This dates back to the reign of longtime NBA commissioner David Stern, who believed that the teams' individual brands should not be sullied with a Nike swoosh or an Adidas trefoil.

Stern never allowed the marks on the unis in the first place.

7 hours ago, Discogod said:

5 minutes ago, dont care said:

Exactly what he said, nba uniforms have never had manufacturer logos on them because David stern made it so.

Okay, I see. 

By the way, I have seen a photo of Michael Jordan from the 90´s, there is a black stripe on the shoulder, anyone know what that was for ? 

13 hours ago, jp1409 said:

And as much as I like the Celtics, I honestly hope they lose every single game in their ugly green and black alts. I've seen these way too often lately...

They always seem to become the de facto primary road jerseys in the 2nd half of the season. Including playoffs. Ugly on their own merits, extra bad for a tradition-minded club.

And then there's this:

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

6 hours ago, Thomas said:

Okay, I see. 

By the way, I have seen a photo of Michael Jordan from the 90´s, there is a black stripe on the shoulder, anyone know what that was for ? 

Black stripes were usually used as a way to remember a person who had passed away. These days, we have memorial patches.

57 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I stumbled onto this Miami-Charlotte game and Miami. Kind of funny how both teams are wearing asymmetrical uniforms, but the stripes are on different sides. 

Is this whole asymmetrical trend going to stick? It looks like someone either got lazy or they just wanted it to look awful. The Hornets don't look as bad.

4 hours ago, brycecummings15 said:

Is this whole asymmetrical trend going to stick? It looks like someone either got lazy or they just wanted it to look awful. The Hornets don't look as bad.

Asymmetry was the trend in the 90s and I am glad the Hornets decided to use it for their new set. But it was a style that should remain in the 90s

Go A's!

Archived