NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

I think teams should update over time. I think Golden State is the perfect example. Their older designs were similar, but they upgraded and now their home/away set are (in my opinion) the best of the 4 major sports right now. Those things are like a Victoria's Secret model, I can't stop lookin'. Meanwhile Boston is kinda like "Oh you're still here? That's nice..."

I disagree. Sometimes you have a look that needs to be updated, and sometimes you don't. Change for the sake of change is just as bad as not changing when you probably should.

Absolutely. Furthermore, I want to love Golden State's set, but there's just so much that's so bad. It's still got a wishbone collar. The color balance is atrocious. The shorts with the "bridge" try too hard to be cute and end up looking horrible. The only redeeming quality of their set is the great color scheme.

And Copperplate. You can't forget the Copperplate. (As part of the bad, not the redeeming qualities.)

Absolutely. I LOVE the idea of their set. But I hate the execution.

Agreed. As a Warriors fan, I want to love the set but the filled circle makes it look so heavy. The font isn't that great and it just was a great idea executed poorly

Go A's!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think teams should update over time. I think Golden State is the perfect example. Their older designs were similar, but they upgraded and now their home/away set are (in my opinion) the best of the 4 major sports right now. Those things are like a Victoria's Secret model, I can't stop lookin'. Meanwhile Boston is kinda like "Oh you're still here? That's nice..."

I disagree. Sometimes you have a look that needs to be updated, and sometimes you don't. Change for the sake of change is just as bad as not changing when you probably should.

I definitely see your point. But my view is that, we don't know that until a team tries it. Like Shadojoker said, I'm sure in the 90's people were asking why the Lakers would mess with a good thing. But now their current set looks great. The Celtics could upgrade to something fantastic, but we won't know because people don't want them to.

Maybe the Celtics could come up with something nice like the Lakers did (I admit, I'm in the minority of my fellow traditionalists in that I think the Lakers' updates were very good) but maybe they blow it and now one of the NBA's legacy teams looks terrible. For every tasteful update (Lakers) you have a terrible misstep (the 90s Pistons).

Take my favourite baseball team, the Blue Jays. They were left wearing an identity-destroying mess of black and grey until someone decided enough was enough and brought the team back to something reflecting their traditional look.

In the Celtics' case? I can only go off what they've shown us. They've had three alts aside from their basic home/road setup. The St. Patrick's day green and gold uniform, the alternate green and black uniform, and the alternate grey sleeved uniform. The St. Patrick's one was sharp and on-point, and they rarely wear it. The other two are pretty terrible. So going off of the team's track record? I'd rather the Celtics stay with their tried and true duds. I don't trust them to give us a nice Lakers-esque update.

Absolutely. Furthermore, I want to love Golden State's set, but there's just so much that's so bad. It's still got a wishbone collar. The color balance is atrocious. The shorts with the "bridge" try too hard to be cute and end up looking horrible. The only redeeming quality of their set is the great color scheme.

I never liked the concept, to be honest. Jerseys with front-and-centre logos just don't do it for me when it comes to basketball. And those "The City" uniforms? One of the most overrated throwbacks in my opinion. So the Warriors using that set as the base idea for their current set soured me to the idea. They're still better then their terrible lightning Warrior uniforms, but that's not saying much. These are my two favourite Warriors uniforms.

1332235260_extras_albumes_0_zpsjsgaxxqw.

Golden-State-Warriors-2010-San-Francisco

So something like this would float my boat...

jgp9gk.jpgY

You still have the wishbone collars and the trying too hard bridge shorts, but you remove the troublesome Copperplated crest.

I definitely see your point. But my view is that, we don't know that until a team tries it. Like Shadojoker said, I'm sure in the 90's people were asking why the Lakers would mess with a good thing. But now their current set looks great. The Celtics could upgrade to something fantastic, but we won't know because people don't want them to.

Maybe the Celtics could come up with something nice like the Lakers did (I admit, I'm in the minority of my fellow traditionalists in that I think the Lakers' updates were very good) but maybe they blow it and now one of the NBA's legacy teams looks terrible. For every tasteful update (Lakers) you have a terrible misstep (the 90s Pistons).

Take my favourite baseball team, the Blue Jays. They were left wearing an identity-destroying mess of black and grey until someone decided enough was enough and brought the team back to something reflecting their traditional look.

In the Celtics' case? I can only go off what they've shown us. They've had three alts aside from their basic home/road setup. The St. Patrick's day green and gold uniform, the alternate green and black uniform, and the alternate grey sleeved uniform. The St. Patrick's one was sharp and on-point, and they rarely wear it. The other two are pretty terrible. So going off of the team's track record? I'd rather the Celtics stay with their tried and true duds. I don't trust them to give us a nice Lakers-esque update.

I never liked the concept, to be honest. Jerseys with front-and-centre logos just don't do it for me when it comes to basketball. And those "The City" uniforms? One of the most overrated throwbacks in my opinion. So the Warriors using that set as the base idea for their current set soured me to the idea. They're still better then their terrible lightning Warrior uniforms, but that's not saying much. These are my two favourite Warriors uniforms.

1332235260_extras_albumes_0_zpsjsgaxxqw.

Golden-State-Warriors-2010-San-Francisco

So something like this would float my boat...

jgp9gk.jpgY

You still have the wishbone collars and the trying too hard bridge shorts, but you remove the troublesome Copperplated crest.

That would be a pretty nice upgrade.

adidas-the-Golden-State-Warriors-Debut-F

There was a lot wrong with that uniform, BUT, the 'Warriors' wordmark was on point and the arrowhead side panel down the shorts was a nice touch.

Take off the sleeves, remove the pinstripes from the shorts (or add them to the jersey, one or the other) as well as the outline of the logo, get a blue and a white version, and I reckon the Warriors have improved dramatically.

lets not forget the mavs also for new jerseys

Were they mentioned as a team getting changes? I don't recall that they were, but gosh I hope they just scrap everything and start fresh soon. Their set is extremely outdated...and really has been for years now.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I'm probably going to get an infraction for this but do you like anything?

Yes. Things which don't suck.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yeah ONLY that "special" alternate jersey is debuting for Dallas next year.Whoever picked the top 10 submissions needed to be shot with creativity hormones. All of them lacked!

There was so many other submissions that would have been waay more accepting.

I do believe that Cuban said that they would look into it as a whole. Probably waiting til Dirk retires.

shado_logo.gif

No warning point, but try to keep things from getting too personal. Someone not agreeing with your aesthetic tastes doesn't mean they hate everything.

YES to the Warriors using the wordmark on the chest, those 80s early 90s uniforms were some of my favorites. Yes also to an alternate based off the Wilt SF Warriors look. I'm even okay with a rebrand to those colors and design when they move into SF.

The Lakers update in the 2000s was terrible. i think it's very outdated looking now. It was always boring to me. Would prefer just a straight up update to the originals by moving the side panel up from shorts to the jersey. That is it. Well, i guess you have to get rid of the drop shadow(NO!).

Mavs are okay, not sure if i just love the way their court looks on tv or what(It looks vivid and gives off a lively feel compared to the boring Rockets floor) . Their logo does suck and looks more like a WNBA logo but i wouldn't say the uniforms suck. Just a few updates to it is fine. For sure remove the tramp stamp. Mavericks is a name for a simple, tough looking design, but it's Dallas. They want to look pretty and flashy as if they are the LA of Texas or something. Silly little city. I'm still laughing at them and Cleveland using their skylines in any thing.

The one team in Texas that probably should be modern is the Rockets. You should look modern and futuristic when dealing with Space travel. Problem is we as a city are(i am especially) too attached to the Clutch City days. Can you blame us? Those home white uniforms were gorgeous. I so badly want to see something close to what we won our back to back chips with, but i'm okay with going modern as long as it can still show bits of those golden years. I've said many times here that maybe red with a metallic gold might be the way to modernize this team.

Cavs. I don't know man. What is their identity? They've had so many uniform changes through the years, there's not one look you can point to and say yeah! That's the Cavaliers! Just pick something and stick with it for at least 15 years.

I never likes the 90s Cavs sets. What does an abstract ball and net have to do with a Cavalier?

I always saw that logo as an abstract representation of a Cavalier - the blue streak as the hat feather, the ball as the head, and the net as an armor plate or something. Could have been the extremely far reaching imagination of my childhood, but that's what I always thought it was. I honestly haven't been able to un-see that ever since I first thought it.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I never likes the 90s Cavs sets. What does an abstract ball and net have to do with a Cavalier?

I always saw that logo as an abstract representation of a Cavalier - the blue streak as the hat feather, the ball as the head, and the net as an armor plate or something. Could have been the extremely far reaching imagination of my childhood, but that's what I always thought it was. I honestly haven't been able to un-see that ever since I first thought it.

You know, I never thought of it that way, but you're on to something there.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived