Josh.0

NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

I think that's a reach. It's more likely they just wanted a stylized update of this

Old-Cleveland-Cavaliers-Logo-Wallpaper.j

Atm0eXYCIAAzFxZ.jpg

I always loved these unis.. (Bulls fan by the way) all they had to do was update the unis a bit, can even alternate between these and these

mens-s-s-3xl-10814.jpg

And voila their identity is back. Perfect

I would like to see LeBron in those for once.

boozer-miles.jpg

Those post-paint splotch uniforms were really nice. They're the perfect example of a nice look ruined by terrible on-field play.

I never likes the 90s Cavs sets. What does an abstract ball and net have to do with a Cavalier?

I always saw that logo as an abstract representation of a Cavalier - the blue streak as the hat feather, the ball as the head, and the net as an armor plate or something. Could have been the extremely far reaching imagination of my childhood, but that's what I always thought it was. I honestly haven't been able to un-see that ever since I first thought it.

I see where you're coming from but I'm not buying it. Too much of a stretch. That and the 80s CAVS logo. I just don't get the appeal. They eschew imagery related to the team name in favour of generic basketball imagery.

I think that's a reach. It's more likely they just wanted a stylized update of this

Atm0eXYCIAAzFxZ.jpg

I always loved these unis.. (Bulls fan by the way) all they had to do was update the unis a bit, can even alternate between these and these

mens-s-s-3xl-10814.jpg

i prefer the cavs in wine in gold. a white home and yellow alt of this would've been perfect:

nike-lebron-7-hwc-red-2.jpg

I know everyone had hate for their unis too, they weren't the best, but there were always worse unis than the Bobcats no matter what they were wearing.

I've never seen worse unis in the NBA than the the Bobcats home "CATS" jersey, all time considered. Just my opinion. Curious as to which jersey you felt was worse than that one? I would rather have my team play in the "trashbag" Mavs jersey at home and have the wizards gold and black on the road than to put my team through a game in those WNBA suited "Cats" jersey

I never likes the 90s Cavs sets. What does an abstract ball and net have to do with a Cavalier?

I always saw that logo as an abstract representation of a Cavalier - the blue streak as the hat feather, the ball as the head, and the net as an armor plate or something. Could have been the extremely far reaching imagination of my childhood, but that's what I always thought it was. I honestly haven't been able to un-see that ever since I first thought it.

I see where you're coming from but I'm not buying it. Too much of a stretch. That and the 80s CAVS logo. I just don't get the appeal. They eschew imagery related to the team name in favour of generic basketball imagery.

The NBA equivalent of the mb glove...except without the cleverness or use of the initials. It seemed fine at the time but was a joke when it was removed from the CAVS wordmark.

Saw this at the American Airlines Center tonight. They were selling Rondo jersey's using the old NOB font on the Os. Pitiful, if you ask me. Especially when it was right next to a Parson's jersey with the correct O in it.

NBp9nB1.jpg

The Swingman version of the Rondo jersey was using the old NOB font for the whole name. Not sure if that's better or worse...

So are the Bucks basically going to be using the Reno Bighorn colors? http://reno.dleague.nba.com/ . What do the Sacramento Kings think of that?

I know everyone had hate for their unis too, they weren't the best, but there were always worse unis than the Bobcats no matter what they were wearing.

I've never seen worse unis in the NBA than the the Bobcats home "CATS" jersey, all time considered. Just my opinion. Curious as to which jersey you felt was worse than that one? I would rather have my team play in the "trashbag" Mavs jersey at home and have the wizards gold and black on the road than to put my team through a game in those WNBA suited "Cats" jersey

I was waiting for this sorta response.. I agree the white "CATS" jerseys was pretty average, probably the Bobcats worst.. They should have had Bobcats on the front. But the Navy roads were gorgeous, one of the franchise's best, actually imo, one of the leagues best.

But jerseys that are worse? If we're talking all time, theres too many too mention.. But going on the period that those Bobcats unis were used, Houston and Phoenix's home and away unis are the worst. Uniforms that are equally as bad as the White "CATS", Golden States set, Memphis' pale blue alternate, Philli, Detroit and Oklahoma for just being bland and Milwaukee, I like their jerseys, but the cut of the jersey is bad (Like Houston and Phoenix)

boozer-miles.jpg

Those post-paint splotch uniforms were really nice. They're the perfect example of a nice look ruined by terrible on-field play.

I guess i thought these were the Electric blue unis,,,the ones in this picture(the year before Lebron) were actually a nice set! Maybe change them to Wine and Gold or Navy blue with wine and gold accents on the jerseys and it could work again.Losing REALLY made these jerseys lose sting. Not to mention "Ricky Davis' infamous triple double attempt"

a_davis_vi.jpgsportsNBA_t440.jpg?9e2a24ba44807f8f9b96a\

Atm0eXYCIAAzFxZ.jpg

mens-s-s-3xl-10814.jpg

i prefer the cavs in wine in gold. a white home and yellow alt of this would've been perfect:

nike-lebron-7-hwc-red-2.jpg

Even though I wouldn't change the current Cavs uniforms, these are good. Id change the logo though, I wouldnt use the net V, just a simple wordmark, but the design is great.

boozer-miles.jpg

Nah, those are garbage. The colors don't separate well and they just stayed on the college split-letter font bandwagon. Returning to wine and gold salvaged this team's identity as much as LeBron James.

boozer-miles.jpg

Nah, those are garbage. The colors don't separate well and they just stayed on the college split-letter font bandwagon. Returning to wine and gold salvaged this team's identity as much as LeBron James.

Nope. The Cavs had split letters before any college team. Cavs introduced the split letter font in 1994.

Posted this in Bucks thread

from the RealGm forums regarding Bucks logo reveal:

"Paul Lukas from the UniWatch site & ESPN is going to be at the event on Monday. He also posted this on his blog today:

"For the Bucks unveiling, Ill have a reaction/assessment piece on Monday night, and then on Tuesday Ill have a big feature on how the teams new colors, typeface, and logos were developed. I was given exclusive access to the design firm that handled the project a small shop here in Brooklyn and they showed me their preliminary sketches, developmental logos, and more. Its a good story, and a rare glimpse at how a team redesign really works."

I wish more teams were this transparent.

Posted this in Bucks thread

from the RealGm forums regarding Bucks logo reveal:

"Paul Lukas from the UniWatch site & ESPN is going to be at the event on Monday. He also posted this on his blog today:

"For the Bucks unveiling, Ill have a reaction/assessment piece on Monday night, and then on Tuesday Ill have a big feature on how the teams new colors, typeface, and logos were developed. I was given exclusive access to the design firm that handled the project a small shop here in Brooklyn and they showed me their preliminary sketches, developmental logos, and more. Its a good story, and a rare glimpse at how a team redesign really works."

I wish more teams were this transparent.

That sounds like it'll be a really neat article. Looking forward to it.

Wolf Within, have I ever told you that your avatar is splendid and would be a great way to consolidate the T-Wolves' mess of logos? The colors all jump out so well there, especially the green.

R6p2wmQ.png

I'm expecting some form of these:

2346-684607Fr.jpg

It just seems like we've seen just about every other throwback possibility for Cleveland.

(If it's a throwback, of course.)

These throwbacks were supposed to be realeased two years ago IIRC along with other 90's jerseys.

90s.jpg

The designs below never appear on the court but the Kyrie's jersey used to be on sale on NBA Store

Screen-shot-2012-07-24-at-07.51.45--590x

R6p2wmQ.png

2346-684607Fr.jpg

It just seems like we've seen just about every other throwback possibility for Cleveland.

These throwbacks were supposed to be realeased two years ago IIRC along with other 90's jerseys.

90s.jpg

The designs below never appear on the court but the Kyrie's jersey used to be on sale on NBA Store

Adidas balked at the last minute.

R6p2wmQ.png

2346-684607Fr.jpg

90s.jpg

Adidas balked at the last minute.

I was wondering why we didn't see these! Do you have any idea why they backed out? Really wanted to see those Sixers ones, and I love the old school Raptors.