NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh, socks have been a part of the design in soccer for so long that I never realized the plainness of NBA designs. Interesting that the socks vendor will be different than the rest of the uniform.

Yeah, but whatever point soccer gets for having cohesive socks is more than mitigated by players wearing randomly colored clown shoes. I never saw the NBA socks as an issue because players wear mid-to-hightop shoes and we usually see very little of the socks. Anyway, I don't think we'll see teams designing socks with their new uniforms because this is a different company than the jersey manufacturers. If Nike had the uni and sock contract, I could see it. Still, I don't think anybody would go through the trouble when we'll only be able to see 2-3 inches of the socks.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I foresee a weird tension between all the shoe manufacturers and Stance. There's no doubt it will quickly lead to it being overkill. I'm sure Nike is pissed.

Oooh good point didn't think of that! But then again im sure they will make a way to collaborate on designs and execution.

shado_logo.gif

So...with the Raptors and the Clippers new logos, I think it's safe to say that these logos are in the bottom two for NBA logos,in my opinion. I like the new Bucks logo and the Wizards logo(even though it was rushed).

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

So...with the Raptors and the Clippers new logos, I think it's safe to say that these logos are in the bottom two for NBA logos,in my opinion. I like the new Bucks logo and the Wizards logo(even though it was rushed).

Ummmmm...

Oklahoma-City-Thunder-Logo.png

Well,that was in the bottom two, in my opinion,but then got bumped up.

spacer.png

At least the Raptors logo is attempting to be about the team name, even if it's a downgrade.

The Clippers logo is an upgrade because it's not the Lakers logo anymore. But it's a really small step that could use an immediate redesign. :)

I put the new primary in the same ballpark near the bottom with the Thunder, but that standalone CLA still might be better than anything the Thunder can pull out of theirs.

I'd say the new bottom 3 NBA logos would be

28: Timberwolves (looks like a minor league baseball team, all that's missing are the bats)

29: Rockets (I actually like their unis but the logo itself is unacceptable)

30: Thunder (duh)

You're telling me these:

8xe4813lzybfhfl14axgzzqeq.gifzq8qkfni1g087f4245egc32po.gif

are worse than these...

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif137_brooklyn-nets-primary-2013.png

So we can all agree that the worst logos in the NBA are now the:

Brooklyn Nets

Los Angeles Clippers

Oklahoma City Thunder

Toronto Raptors

With the order varying from person to person, right?

I'd replace the Raptors with the Bucks' new set and throw the Sixers' logo in there too. As I've said before, the Raptors' logo isn't bad, just to be the tertiary for the current ones. The Lakers' logo should be in there too, actually.

And the Rockets' and Wolves' logos are among the best in the league, btw.

I'd say the new bottom 3 NBA logos would be

28: Timberwolves (looks like a minor league baseball team, all that's missing are the bats)

29: Rockets (I actually like their unis but the logo itself is unacceptable)

30: Thunder (duh)

You're telling me these:

8xe4813lzybfhfl14axgzzqeq.gifzq8qkfni1g087f4245egc32po.gif

are worse than these...

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif137_brooklyn-nets-primary-2013.png

Yes. I'm a fan of Brooklyn's identity (not so much everyone else trying to be them), and while the Lakers really need to update their logo to fit their current look, the script over a ball is their thing (sorry Admiral). Of course, that doesn't excuse the Cavs and Clippers from doing the same thing, but just like the Nets the logo itself shouldn't be to blame for others copping that style and making it overused.
Being biased here,but I think the Cavs have a unique logo. There's not many ways to design a basketball.

spacer.png

I think we can all agree that the NBA has the worst collective set of identities out of all the four major sports leagues in America.

This coming from a guy who watches the NBA more than any other league. My eyes are shot.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Archived