Josh.0

NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

I'd say the new bottom 3 NBA logos would be

28: Timberwolves (looks like a minor league baseball team, all that's missing are the bats)

29: Rockets (I actually like their unis but the logo itself is unacceptable)

30: Thunder (duh)

You're telling me these:

8xe4813lzybfhfl14axgzzqeq.gifzq8qkfni1g087f4245egc32po.gif

are worse than these...

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif137_brooklyn-nets-primary-2013.png

Yes. I'm a fan of Brooklyn's identity (not so much everyone else trying to be them), and while the Lakers really need to update their logo to fit their current look, the script over a ball is their thing (sorry Admiral). Of course, that doesn't excuse the Cavs and Clippers from doing the same thing, but just like the Nets the logo itself shouldn't be to blame for others copping that style and making it overused.

I agree. The Nets branding is pretty solid. Their merchandise is "fashionable" and although everything is pretty simple, it still has a distinct look.

The Lakers branding is just highly recognizable and known. I think it could use an update, but it definitely works and there's nothing really "wrong" or "bad" about it.

With any of these brands, it all depends on whether or not it's working...and in the case of the Lakers and Nets I think it is working.

I was in a store at LAX called Magic Johnson sports and saw a clippers hat with a boat and three sails light blue or white. Searched forever but could not find it. Possibly an ALT

?

On the brighter side of things, a number of teams finally have a new fresh, clean, and respectable primary logo now...

SportsLogosNBAScreencap_zpsi1siimm5.png

On the brighter side of things, a number of teams finally have a new fresh, clean, and respectable primary logo now...

SportsLogosNBAScreencap_zpsi1siimm5.png

What are the Jazz waiting for? :D

I think we can all agree that the NBA has the worst collective set of identities out of all the four major sports leagues in America.

This coming from a guy who watches the NBA more than any other league. My eyes are shot.

I agree. The problem is that the league has too many rules and regulations regarding logos. The primary logo change fee has lead to a bunch of poorly recoloured logos that we never see, and for some reason every team is required to have a wordmark in their logo. This is why there are so many team names awkwardly shoehorned into logos that would be perfectly fine without them (Hawks, Nets' Brooklyn script, Bulls, Mavs, Rockets, Pacers, Grizzlies, Heat, 76ers & Blazers' boxes). BTW does anyone know how the Pacers got away without having to force an "Indiana" script somewhere into their primary? They're the only team without a city/location name in theirs.

The Sixers have one of the best logos in the league (the ball on it's own, not the stupid rectangle) and the only thing I don't like about the Nets logo is the Brooklyn on the bottom, it would look better on top (or not there at all).

The Sixers have one of the best logos in the league (the ball on it's own, not the stupid rectangle)

It needs a modernisation first, then it may get consideration for best logos in the league. Depends how they fix up those awkward basketball lines.

The Sixers have one of the best logos in the league (the ball on it's own, not the stupid rectangle)

It needs a modernisation first, then it may get consideration for best logos in the league. Depends how they fix up those awkward basketball lines.

Agreed! Somehow those ball lines always bothered me.

I think we can all agree that the NBA has the worst collective set of identities out of all the four major sports leagues in America.

This coming from a guy who watches the NBA more than any other league. My eyes are shot.

I hate to admit it, but yeah, it really does. A system that encourages what the Jazz and Nuggets have done to their logos is a system that has failed.

Plus there are way too many basketballs in NBA logos.

What do you think guys? Looks like an Avengers logo with an R.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2015/04/28/are-rockets-teasing-a-logo-change-during-nba-playoffs/

screen-shot-2015-04-28-at-7-22-05-pm.png

I Love it

I love it too, but they were going for an Acengers motif in the video. I think this was just an altered version of their alternate "HR" logo. I tried to do something similar in my rockets concept.

Agreed! Somehow those ball lines always bothered me.

I'm anxiously awaiting the new jersey reveal. Even though they've dropped hints I have no clue what it could possibly look like