NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/04/24/clippers-wizards-raptors-bucks-nba-logo-change-jersey-color-mascot

The NBA's first creative director offered up reviews of the new Bucks, Wizards, Raptors and Clippers logos. Want to guess which one got the highest grade?

I just don't see how anyone could think those Raptors and Clippers logos are not complete trash.

It's a matter of taste. Since they are both roundels, IMO

this 22745782016.gifis way better than this 22578852016.gif

Id beg to differ but i know better than to argue with someone whose design they are defending is their avatar logo! :D

Edit: even if you change your avatar..still not arguing with you! Lol

shado_logo.gif

I don't understand how anyone can look at the Blue Clipper's uniforms worn last night and think "These need changing" those blue jerseys are perfection IMO.

And to give a little side story, most local radio stations have them becoming the Sonics 2.0. After seeing the hideous new logo, nothing would surprise me until that new TV deal is done... The LA clippers and Prime Ticket's fate lie in the hands of that contract

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

And to give a little side story, most local radio stations have them becoming the Sonics 2.0. After seeing the hideous new logo, nothing would surprise me until that new TV deal is done... The LA clippers and Prime Ticket's fate lie in the hands of that contract

"Most local radio stations" have their heads firmly lodged up the asses of the Lakers. You don't pay $2 billion for a team only to move them to a smaller and less lucrative market.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Both Raptors and Bucks primary logos could have been executed better, that's for sure. There is something in the new Buck head that's bothering me especially since i saw some concept here. Also the roundel around the Buck somehow doesn't work for me. Maybe it's too much cream.

About the Raptors i must say that i loved the first Dino logo, but since i am from Europe i really dig this minimalistic roundel. I love how it opens up many color combinations which gives me hope to see it in purple in some near future.

If you're making the shape of your logo simple then the rest of the logo has to be simple. Its simple. The bucks roundel looks so packed compared to the simplicity of the Raptors roundel.

The Raptors logo is so devoid of elements that it is boring. The Bucks' roundel sucks for many reasons, but being "packed" is not one of them. For a packed roundel, take a look at the new Wizards' primary.

The nba needs to ban roundels! IMO, the use of roundels is hurting team identities way more than it is helping. You would think there has to be a happy medium somewhere between the over the top '90s and the (more often than not) boring, lifeless crap we are seeing today.

I figured this would be the best place to mention this, but it looks like the Hornets are in the process of forming a D-League team: http://www.nba.com/hornets/hornets-sports-entertainment-announces-intent-launch-owned-and-operated-nba-d-league-team
Their current options are seven cities scattered across the Carolinas - Asheville, Fayetteville, Greensboro, Raleigh, Charleston, Columbia, and Greenville. The ones I bolded are worth mentioning as they have held previous D-League franchises (the Altitude, Patriots, Lowgators, and Groove), but there hasn't been a team in the Carolinas since the Patriots folded at the end of the 05/06 season. I can easily see them going with Raleigh or Greensboro due to their size, but teams have been put in smaller markets over larger ones before.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Archived