NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

I figured this would be the best place to mention this, but it looks like the Hornets are in the process of forming a D-League team: http://www.nba.com/hornets/hornets-sports-entertainment-announces-intent-launch-owned-and-operated-nba-d-league-team

Their current options are seven cities scattered across the Carolinas - Asheville, Fayetteville, Greensboro, Raleigh, Charleston, Columbia, and Greenville. The ones I bolded are worth mentioning as they have held previous D-League franchises (the Altitude, Patriots, Lowgators, and Groove), but there hasn't been a team in the Carolinas since the Patriots folded at the end of the 05/06 season. I can easily see them going with Raleigh or Greensboro due to their size, but teams have been put in smaller markets over larger ones before.

Interesting. I'd like to see them resurrect the Carolina Cougars name, maybe even use design elements from the Bobcats to tie everything together.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I figured this would be the best place to mention this, but it looks like the Hornets are in the process of forming a D-League team: http://www.nba.com/hornets/hornets-sports-entertainment-announces-intent-launch-owned-and-operated-nba-d-league-team

Their current options are seven cities scattered across the Carolinas - Asheville, Fayetteville, Greensboro, Raleigh, Charleston, Columbia, and Greenville. The ones I bolded are worth mentioning as they have held previous D-League franchises (the Altitude, Patriots, Lowgators, and Groove), but there hasn't been a team in the Carolinas since the Patriots folded at the end of the 05/06 season. I can easily see them going with Raleigh or Greensboro due to their size, but teams have been put in smaller markets over larger ones before.

Interesting. I'd like to see them resurrect the Carolina Cougars name, maybe even use design elements from the Bobcats to tie everything together.
No way they use anything Bobcat related. I'm 90% sure they will use Hornet imagery, or will shoehorn something into an identity. If I would put my money on any city, it would either be Columbia or Greenville, seeing that the Hornets brand needs to grow a bit more in SC, kinda unifying the whole "Carolina's Team" thing they had with Hornets 1.0. I would like to see it in Greensboro, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if it doesn't happen.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

No way they use anything Bobcat related. I'm 90% sure they will use Hornet imagery, or will shoehorn something into an identity. If I would put my money on any city, it would either be Columbia or Greenville, seeing that the Hornets brand needs to grow a bit more in SC, kinda unifying the whole "Carolina's Team" thing they had with Hornets 1.0. I would like to see it in Greensboro, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if it doesn't happen.

I wouldn't mind something using hornet imagery (I doubt they'd bring back the Sting moniker but maybe something like the Charleston Swarm or something else could work). Regardless, I don't see any of the old nicknames returning, with the Patriots being the best option (even then I would doubt it as a) Fayetteville would probably be one of the lower priority options and B) it sounds like something a Sixers affiliate would use). I do agree in that having the team in South Carolina would help with the Carolina mentality, but given Charlotte's position relative to SC I wouldn't be surprised if they went with a city in the upper regions of North Carolina. I'm also curious if they'll have the same teal and purple color scheme as their parent club; I think that the odds are they will if they go with a hornet-related nickname.

On a side note..every day we get closer to the NBA draft is a day closer to 76ers new logos!

Are they getting new logos as well? I knew that new uniforms were on the way, but I wasn't aware of there being new logos as well.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Why would they use design elements from the Bobcats?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Stoked to see these new Bucks unis. Should be a nice change from the ongoing bland, generic designs around the NBA. The Bucks seem like a team that's been stuck in the past, but sort of in a good way.

I'm all in favor of the midwestern gymnasium aesthetic.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Stoked to see these new Bucks unis. Should be a nice change from the ongoing bland, generic designs around the NBA. The Bucks seem like a team that's been stuck in the past, but sort of in a good way.

I'm all in favor of the midwestern gymnasium aesthetic.

Aha! I was looking for the words to describe it but you nailed it.

I think we can all agree that the NBA has the worst collective set of identities out of all the four major sports leagues in America.

No, right now I'd say the NFL is worse. Although the NBA could snatch it back if this year's rebrands end up being horrible.

Found it interesting that the style sheet lists the type font. Not sure if this means it will be used on the jerseys or not, but I did notice that there is a resemblence between the numbers in that font vs. the numbers on the Sixers jersey banners at their workout facility. Not an exact match, but close.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsNJhM3CMAAjxEl.jpg:large

http://fontsov.com/data/font_face/Bookman_ITC_Demi_BT-77.png

Archived