NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Vintage white? How very 2011." --the NHL

Also, those new Hawks jerseys are going to be everything at once, aren't they?"

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

These Christmas uniforms just prove that we have way too many blue-based teams in the league. Despite that, I like these. Not a fan of the template wordmark and numbers, but they are nice, so I can't really complain about them.

As I was typing this, I looked at the uniforms again and noticed that the logos on the shorts that contain white (Thunder, Pistons, Wizards, Rockets, etc.) are not greige (that's what they're calling it, I guess). In other words, while everything else greige, the logos are still white. At least have some consistency.

And that Hawks uniform... geesh. At first I thought it was some sort of one-off while using a Christmas pattern of some sort. After seeing the others, it appears that I may be wrong on that.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

The Hawks, for those afraid of clicking links. Looks like a new logo at the waistline. And this appears to confirm the red/black/volt color scheme

hawks2.png

I like the return to lime green. But wow their new jersey have potential to be as much of a mess as the Clippers new logos.

They might as well put these on the market now, that way we're all going to buy more of them, including teams that don't even end up playing on Christmas. I'll echo what I read though, it is an amazing look but it really does get watered down once you've looked through them all. Loving Hornets, Suns, Celtics, and Blazers the most though. Celtics/Blazers matchup would look amazing for the day.

As for the Hawks, I semi-suspected a team to go full-on pattern with their jerseys. Patterns are all the rage now with the NBA's target audience. It was a matter of time. I like what I see so far. One rule with patterns is to keep it simple other than that, which they did. Nothing on the top but the pattern and wordmark and number. We'll see how the actual uniforms look, but I'm optimistic now. New logo is bad though.

I'd argue that these Christmas uniforms are the best thing Adidas has ever done with the NBA.

2nd that. I guess adidas is going out with a bang...

And the suns version is better than their reg set imo

GO NETS.

Closest we'll come to seeing that lovely Celtics script wordmark on a jersey, I suppose. They look nice enough, but still too templatey, too gimmicky, and too far from a regular jersey for my liking.

And are the Clippers not getting new uniforms? Same template, new logos/wordmark?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I love the potential for the Hawks unis, but would've liked them to keep the current colours with this new patterned jersey.

Xmas jerseys are pretty good, I have a few issues though. I'm not a fan of the simple use of colour, colour + cream. Cleveland, New York, Detroit, Washington all look boring without their secondary colour. Yes NY has it, but it should stand out more.

It may be a stretch of my imagination, but for me, when OKC finally introduce new unis, that Navy will be their main colour.

My top 3 Xmas jerseys are Cleveland, Atlanta and Golden State.

On Golden States xmas jersey, that thing is great. Its by far better than they're current set. I am probably in the minority having seen some opinions in this forum, but the Warriors have one of the worst designed jerseys in the league. So adopting that design would be a great change.

Well, we know the answer to the question "What if every team in the NBA wore the Minnesota Wild's alternate uniform?"

That being said, these don't look that bad. Much better than a lot of what adidas has done in the past.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Closest we'll come to seeing that lovely Celtics script wordmark on a jersey, I suppose. They look nice enough, but still too templatey, too gimmicky, and too far from a regular jersey for my liking.

And are the Clippers not getting new uniforms? Same template, new logos/wordmark?

That might just be the only upside, if one can call it that, to the rest of the atrocity they're calling a re "brand." The only way this new identity would have a "brand" is if Elton Brand came back :P.

Best Christmas unis yet, easily. Gimmicky, maybe, but at least they did it aesthetically right.

Archived