NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Throw that baby in a roundel and baby, you've got a stew!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Didn't they have something similar to that in the works back when they re-branded in 2007? I remember some prototype logo that had a basketball with super-detailed wings. And Those uniform mock ups, if that's what they end up being, are an absolute joke. Black red and neon green?

The Hawks IMO have one of the best primary logos in sports. A full, symmetrical, strong, powerful Hawk clutching a ball. You can't do much better than that. THAT should be their primary forever. Pac-man is fine as a secondary. This flaming ball non-sense is ridiculous.

sig.png

Didn't they have something similar to that in the works back when they re-branded in 2007? I remember some prototype logo that had a basketball with super-detailed wings. And Those uniform mock ups, if that's what they end up being, are an absolute joke. Black red and neon green?

The Hawks IMO have one of the best primary logos in sports. A full, symmetrical, strong, powerful Hawk clutching a ball. You can't do much better than that. THAT should be their primary forever. Pac-man is fine as a secondary. This flaming ball non-sense is ridiculous.

There's a logo on the previous page that may be what you're thinking of. See jrodsep's post.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

First the Atlanta Flames, then the Atlanta Fire, now this. :therock:

Why are ATL teams so obsessed with paying homage to a time when their city was burned to the ground as a result of being in open rebellion to the United States? Is this yet another vestige of "Southern Pride"? A celebration of the noble Lost Cause? A subtle overture to that specific, er, demographic that the previous Hawks' owner was on record as desperately trying to attract?

I also look at the flame in that Hawks logo as a possible reference to the 1996 Summer Olympics which took place in Atlanta.

The Atlanta Flames were founded in 1972. And, I just stumbled across the Atlanta Fire Ants, founded in 1994.

Now, to be fair, Atlanta also dealt with a major fire in 1917. So, it's possible that Atlanta's obsession with fire imagery stems from that second fire. Then again, Gone With the Wind didn't depict the 1917 fire, and I'd wager that when most people think of Atlanta and fire, they think of the Civil War. I could be wrong, though.

By the way, Pac-Man logo sucks, the one they just canned was 100 times better, 2nd logo looked good on the shorts as well

Agree with you on the bolded part. Atlanta had one of the best logo sets in the league with the previous secondary. The Pac-Man logo doesn't suck, but it's vastly inferior to those two, and should've been only a rarely used tertiary.

The new flame logo is pure garbage, btw. So embarrassing for the Hawks to make that kind of a change.

I don't think the old secondary hawk complimented the primary design well, which was its flaw. When I looked at the now-old Hawks' logos, my only wish was that I saw the same bird in both (if that makes sense). At least using the PAC-MAN as a secondary, you could assume the negative space matched the profile of the front-facing bird.

By the way, Pac-Man logo sucks, the one they just canned was 100 times better, 2nd logo looked good on the shorts as well

Agree with you on the bolded part. Atlanta had one of the best logo sets in the league with the previous secondary. The Pac-Man logo doesn't suck, but it's vastly inferior to those two, and should've been only a rarely used tertiary.

The new flame logo is pure garbage, btw. So embarrassing for the Hawks to make that kind of a change.

The reason i think pacman is bad, is exactly that, the pacman moniker...some people see a hawk right away, others see the pacman eating cheese, it´s like the blue/white dress thing.

Perhaps they should just go back to the ones they had in game 2 vs. cavs...those retros are pretty unique

hawks are wearing their throwbacks in the ECF game tonight.. didnt even think this was allowed

nmiL1MD.png

NBA Logoman back in the front, even if it was just for one night.

Bigggggh tough New Yawkas. Yo Ranger fans how you doin? Lol

This might not be the right thread for NHL trash talk. :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Bigggggh tough New Yawkas. Yo Ranger fans how you doin? Lol

This might not be the right thread for NHL trash talk. :)

Besides that, you don't really have an excuse to trash talk if you're a Flyers fan. ;)
Dave Hakstol will right the ship!

Back on topic, Hawks throwback is awesome!

image_zps9mfyqdph.jpg

Memorial Day 2015: FTWGA.

I like it. But I'm not sure at all about the colors...

Hawks-Pac-Man-590x196.png

So does the circle around the hawk head count as a basketball somehow? Thought it was just confirmed by the Sixers that the league requires a basketball and full team/city name in primary logos now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived