NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

Bigggggh tough New Yawkas. Yo Ranger fans how you doin? Lol

(searches the last page or two of the thread; realizes that I'm the only recent poster who's based in NY)

This comment wasn't for my benefit, was it? I currently live in Manhattan, but I'm from MD and root for DMV teams. I'm not even much of a hockey fan.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it. But I'm not sure at all about the colors...

Hawks-Pac-Man-590x196.png

So does the circle around the hawk head count as a basketball somehow? Thought it was just confirmed by the Sixers that the league requires a basketball and full team/city name in primary logos now.

Basketball imagery is required to appear in one logo, not necessarily the primary one. Its inclusion in the secondary fulfills the league's (stupid) requirement.

PJU85JF.png

Vectorized the new Hawks logo and tried some different color variations.

TuLS39C.jpg

Taking more looks at it, it's not that bad.

I'm sorry but it just doesn't look good any way you paint it. It doesn't even match well with the new Pac Man logo. It looks as if someone on the management/owner group got a pair of Eastern Airlines wings when they were really young and wanted to re-create that for his basketball team.

TuLS39C.jpg

That the wing doesn't connect with the A is stupid, and makes any version where the inside of the wing is colored in look bad.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

TuLS39C.jpg

That the wing doesn't connect with the A is stupid, and makes any version where the inside of the wing is colored in look bad.
This logo..along with Toronto,and the Clippers..are absolute trash!!

This is gotta be the 1st year with apprx 5 rebrands and 3/5 logos sucks completely. 76ers got it right. Milwaukee is 50/50. Toronto,Clippers,Atlanta = ok ideas for logos but execution is just so poor/amateurish.

Not one rebrand got it right 100%. (Allegedly so far)

76ers - cool logo but uniforms are suspect.

Bucks - meh logo but great uniforms

Raptors - horrible all around

Hawks - bad new logo AND suspect new ones.

Clippers - Bad logo and suspect unis as well.

shado_logo.gif

^ To be fair, we haven't officially seen the new uniforms for any of those 5 teams. I think we should reserve judgement on the entirety of the new identities until the final uniforms are unveiled.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

^ To be fair, we haven't officially seen the new uniforms for any of those 5 teams. I think we should reserve judgement on the entirety of the new identities until the final uniforms are unveiled.

That's why I said "allegedly"..but I agree with you. I want to reserve judgment til reveals. But all signs point to yes on what we've seen so far.

tumblr_inline_no9ohoXC3V1qjysop_540.jpg

shado_logo.gif

Bigggggh tough New Yawkas. Yo Ranger fans how you doin? Lol

This might not be the right thread for NHL trash talk. :)

Besides that, you don't really have an excuse to trash talk if you're a Flyers fan. ;)
Dave Hakstol will right the ship!

Back on topic, Hawks throwback is awesome!

image_zps9mfyqdph.jpg

Memorial Day 2015: FTWGA.

Who in the flaming hell is Dave Hakstol?

On topic, that Hawks logo looks like something the D-League would hack up.

"Sufferin succotash!"

1yus9KF.jpg

Ha now I see a grin in that logo every time.

When the flame is colored green it looks like the grinches hand.

This logo looks like something out of guitar hero. No continuity with the pac man whatsoever (which actually looks like it evolved from the old secondary which I like).

As good as some of these look, blue is getting dropped. Any chance you could do another batch in Red/Volt/Black?

Red/Volt/Black logos.

PEIFtMH.jpg

Looking at these I've realized that it only looks decent in one color. I'm thinking that's the way the team might go, just like the Pac logo.

Archived