NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vectorized the new Hawks logo and tried some different color variations.

TuLS39C.jpg

What the hell is this logo supposed to be?

I need help.

I don't know if somebody already answered this, but I shall do it anyways!

It has wings and a basketball because they're a basketball team called the Hawks, and hawks are birds with wings. The flame is supposed to create negative space inside the trapezoid shape to create the visual of an 'A' for Atlanta. Why a flame? Because back in the Civil War Atlanta was burned to the ground by General Sherman in his march to the sea. After, Atlanta has risen from the ashes of their previous city and returned, hence why they call themselves "The Phoenix City." Because a phoenix is a mythical bird that never fully dies, but instead burns to ashes when it dies, and resurrects from its own ashes. This also helps explain how the Calgary Flames got their name, since they moved to Calgary from Atlanta in the late 80's, and were the Atlanta Flames prior. It also explains the future Atlanta soccer team's heavy consideration for being named the Atlanta Phoenix.

Hope somebody read all that and helped somebody. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

Is this actually the truth? I mean... its a horrendous logo... from the shape to the colors, its terrible. Its looks like a child drew it.

Speaking of playoff uniforms...what was that yellow/gold tag on the back collars earlier in the playoffs for?

EP-150509458.jpg

jason-terry-trevor-ariza-corey-brewer-nb

usa-today-8540061.0.jpg

They have been there all season. Signifies how many championships a team has won.

celtics-lakers-championship-patches.jpeg

Speaking of playoff uniforms...what was that yellow/gold tag on the back collars earlier in the playoffs for?

My friend it's almost a year old. When the Adidas catalog came out last spring/summer. They showed this patch would debut for the 2014-15 season. Seriously though, you just recognized this when the whole season almost over?? Nvrmind..It's ok though.
shado_logo.gif

This is an example of the teams that have one championship:

I feel sorry for the Hornets, Pelicans, Magic, Clippers and Pacers.

Nice !

We even forget about the T-Wolves when listing franchises with no history of success...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

This is an example of the teams that have one championship:SacramentoKings_CHM0100a_2015_SCC_SRGB_z

I feel sorry for the Hornets, Pelicans, Magic, Clippers and Pacers.

Nice !

We even forget about the T-Wolves when listing franchises with no history of success...

*sigh*....and the Jazz.... :P

On the topic of Finals patches though, I really hope they aren't on the back. I mean, I guess better there than nowhere, but it's the NBA's biggest event of the year. Ads or no ads, that thing should be up front and center (okay, not literally "center", but you get it).

As far as my favorite Finals patches go, I used to favor the full logo ones used from '97-'01, but the one used for Lakers/Nets in '02 has grown on me a lot over the years. The trophy with the league logo looks really good together. I don't know if they'd ever bring it back (especially where it was a one-time thing due to the 9/11 ribbon), but something like it would look great today.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

So everybody in Atlanta is freaking out right now about the "new logo" because the media, including the AJC, has done a piss poor job of reporting exactly what it is.

Belief: It's the new logo, designed by new owners, in black and white, and will replace pac logo that we just brought back.

Truth: It's a secondary logo essentially designed only to meet the NBA's ridiculous requirement to have an alternate mark with a ball in it. It's going to be used minimally on uniforms and merchandise, will be in colors, and will not replace the pac logo.

Didn't think it was necessary to make a new thread. Since the Finals are all but set (barring a historical comeback), what do you think of the uniform match up between the Cavs and Warriors?

The two times they played this season looked like this

@GS

4tgdvUx.jpg

@CLE

ieUrBQo.jpg

Throughout the postseason we've seen the Warriors remain consistent in their white/blues, while the Cavs wear navy/yellow-gold & white. My preference would be just the normal home/roads be worn, but I have a feeling that won't happen. Will be interesting to see if both fanbases will be decked out in yellow.

We may very well see this:

kyrie-irving-stephen-curry-nba-golden-st

what exactly is the deal with the cavs only wearing their alternates in these playoffs? is this a precursor to a uniform change? they're okay uniforms but i kinda miss seeing them in their standard home whites and burgundy roads.

As far as my favorite Finals patches go, I used to favor the full logo ones used from '97-'01, but the one used for Lakers/Nets in '02 has grown on me a lot over the years. The trophy with the league logo looks really good together. I don't know if they'd ever bring it back (especially where it was a one-time thing due to the 9/11 ribbon), but something like it would look great today.

Actually, the full logo wasn't used on the jersey until 1998. In 96 (when they started patches) and 97, they used just the trophy. In 98, presumably to make the Bulls-Jazz matchup slightly different from the year before, they went to a full logo patch.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Actually, the full logo wasn't used on the jersey until 1998. In 96 (when they started patches) and 97, they used just the trophy. In 98, presumably to make the Bulls-Jazz matchup slightly different from the year before, they went to a full logo patch.

Oh that's right! Totally blanked out there, I should have remembered that. My mistake! Thanks for the correction! :)

Speaking of the '96 and '97 patches, those were probably my least favorite, just ahead of the current(?) gold ball ones. The trophy as it was designed on its own was a bit too small and compact, it almost looked like a mere spec on the jersey even at close range view. The later trophy patches a few years down the road were much better.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

No problem. I'm a Bulls fan, so I remember it well. Sorry.

As for the trophy patches, I thought they sucked because they used the trophy image from the logo which was an extremely '90s rendering. It looked bad enough with the rest of the logo, but worse on its own. I'm glad they went back to the classic-style Finals logo a few years back. It's staggering to see the Finals logos from the first three-peat vs. the second.

180px-1993NBAFinals.png1998_NBA_Finals.jpg

One looks like a classy, timeless logo from the other looks like the '90s threw up.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived