NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

22578852016.gif22745782016.gif21870342016.gif21956712016.gif
Awesome lol

sa3u750436kiqct0v5a9xw6uh.gif496251272014.gif3084.gif22772822016.gif

Ya know, this would actually be a pretty kickass set of buttons or patches.

That being said, this Clippers thing is absolutely hilarious.

The Bucks' one is unique, but so far the Sixers one is the best, IMO. Wish ATL would've gone back to this, though:

T1I5Ve0.jpg

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the "Knicks" is just catchy nonsense as well and they should have "Knickerbockers" on their jersey?

Well the Knicks just use "NEW YORK" on both of their jerseys, so it's kind of a non-issue.

Is it really worth getting upset over? It's not like official primaries get much use in the NBA.

No. But at the same time, this is a sports logo forum.

There has to be something to complain about.

I get that to a point, but NBA primaries are rarely used.

Toronto will probably just use the updated ball/claw.

Atlanta will probably just use the updated pac-man.

Philadelphia will probably just use the updated 76ers/ball.

Milwaukee will probably just use the updated buck head.

So what if Atlanta's primary will be pac-man in a roundel? It won't be used with any frequency anyway, so everyone just chill.

So the "Knicks" is just catchy nonsense as well and they should have "Knickerbockers" on their jersey? If not, then people are being hypocritical. I'm not quite understanding this anti-"Cavs" thing; especially since they've been using it for most of their brief existence. I do, however, believe that if the Cavaliers want to use "Cavs", it should be with the basketball in the "V". I liked how that looked with their 80's logo and their artistic version in the 90's.

You can be OK with calling them the Cavs and still not want a colloquial nickname for a nickname on the jerseys. Those are separate issues.

As I said on Twitter, specifically to @SportsLogosNet:

By this this time next year, every team in the NBA will have a roundel as the main logo, except the Bulls.

I doubt it unless ads are on jerseys then I would agree.
that's the scary part. why is the league forcing roundels? at first it was assumed that sponsorship would be placed in the form of patches. now with the nba logo gone from the front of the jersey it opens a convenient spot for where these primary logo roundels can go. if the goal in selling advertising on jerseys is to make as much money as possible then surely the nba can charge much more for full shirt soccer style ads as opposed to small patches. as Adam silver said, it's inevitable.

So the "Knicks" is just catchy nonsense as well and they should have "Knickerbockers" on their jersey?

Well the Knicks just use "NEW YORK" on both of their jerseys, so it's kind of a non-issue.

carmelo-anthony.jpg

I clearly see "Knicks" on their home and away jersey on the shorts AND it's in their primary logo. At least the Cavaliers have "Cavaliers" as their primary logo and "Cavs" is only on their alternates.

carmelo-anthony.jpg

I clearly see "Knicks" on their home and away jersey on the shorts AND it's in their primary logo. At least the Cavaliers have "Cavaliers" as their primary logo and "Cavs" is only on their alternates.

Short aren't jerseys.

As for their primary logo? I don't like it either. Both "Cavs" and "Knicks" really don't mean anything. "Knickerbockers" is probably too cumbersome to work with for primary logo purposes, but I would prefer some sort of NY monogram over "Knicks." I liked the subway token logo they used to have. Shame they got rid of it. They could have cornered the market on NYC subway imagery before the Nets even showed up in town.

New unreleased Hawks' logo has already made it to sponsored McDonald's cups.2cy1vgl.jpg

That new Hawks logo...I'm lovin' it!

100x better than their last identity. Only the hawks, wizards and the bucks have improved their identities this offseason imo

GO NETS.

Guys, although the Knicks are technically still the Knickerbockers for legal purposes, they are the New York Knicks. They have gone exclusively by "Knicks" for at least thirty years. So that's an entirely different scenario. The Cavaliers have never referred to themselves as the "Cleveland Cavs," even when their logo read Cavs. In every medium of coverage of the team, they are referred to as the Cavaliers formally (though you'll surely get a "Cavs" mention in the midst of a live play). No announcer has called the Knicks the Knickerbockers and no journalist has written about someone signing with the Knickerbockers for a really, really long time.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Is the roundel really necessary? Why not just use the logo that had the name around the side instead of sticking inside the roundel?

I like this better. So many teams just throw their word mark below the logo to fulfill the NBA's requirement to include the city and team name. This looks more complete.

PJU85JF.png

In my opinion, roundels always belonged in baseball. I thought every team in the MLB should have one. There is something about "City Nickname" on one side and "Baseball Club" on the other side that screamed tradition, tradition that fits so well with basketball.

On the other hang, I always thought the Lakers, Clippers, Pistons, Cavs logos were quintessential NBA logos. They have a basketball, the team name, and maybe a little style to it (sword, smoke, shooting rays, etc.), but that's it. I always thought it was a nice, clean look for every team.

The roundels just don't seem to work in basketball for me... and I'm not sure why. They totally make sense, especially if the NBA mandates a basketball being SOMEWHERE in the primary logo, but they just seem too conservative when the NBA is more of liberal sport when it comes to uniforms. I feel like the roundels don't fit in with the aesthetic of the game or the style of sport that basketball is.

I don't mind the roundels that much. Is everyone doing them? Yes, but they'll rarely get used over the secondary or alternate logo(most times in the primary themselves) and if they do get used, don't look that bad.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Archived